Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

“We have a very, very small squad"

Says a bed wetting moaner who isn't a real fan ........Well, actually no, it's Karl Robinson

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/31024/charlton-athletic-boss-robinson-reckons-easy-way-gauge-size-squad/

“We have a very, very small squad. I think if you look at the back of our programme we have got people like Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Taylor Maloney and Ashley Barnes – players who aren’t going to be associated with many first-team games this year.

“If you take away six or seven of those, it really does show how small our squad is. But we’re still in a very competitive position and once we get to January we will have a right go in the transfer market and build on what we have got."

After his positive statement about CARD yesterday I wonder how this statement will go down in Belgium?

Comments

• The best way to predict someone's behaviour in the future is to look at their behaviour in the past.
  • Says a bed wetting moaner who isn't a real fan ........Well, actually no, it's Karl Robinson

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/31024/charlton-athletic-boss-robinson-reckons-easy-way-gauge-size-squad/

“We have a very, very small squad. I think if you look at the back of our programme we have got people like Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Taylor Maloney and Ashley Barnes – players who aren’t going to be associated with many first-team games this year.

“If you take away six or seven of those, it really does show how small our squad is. But we’re still in a very competitive position and once we get to January we will have a right go in the transfer market and build on what we have got."

After his positive statement about CARD yesterday I wonder how this statement will go down in Belgium?

Setting himself up for a dramatic departure i'd say.
  • Notice jacko has an ear piece in the article pic. Do we have a man in the stands now? Or maybe a link to one of the video analyst guys.

And jacko is wearing Lee Turners jumper, and Robbo a non hummel branded top - is Roland getting really tight and making them pay for their own kit if they loose it?
  • Notice jacko has an ear piece in the article pic. Do we have a man in the stands now? Or maybe a link to one of the video analyst guys.

And jacko is wearing Lee Turners jumper, and Robbo a non hummel branded top - is Roland getting really tight and making them pay for their own kit if they loose it?

KR's top is sold in the club shop
  • Sponsored links:

• Says a bed wetting moaner who isn't a real fan ........Well, actually no, it's Karl Robinson

Interesting, I'd always assumed that the previous managerial incumbents felt the same at this time of year, but they have never said so publicly. Normally the club then allow a leak that the manager has lost the dressing room or has been insulting the players in foreign. Looks like Robinson isn't going without a fight and obviously wont go quietly. Best bet for him is to win some games, but that might prove difficult at present.
  • What an unbelievable statement!
  • Déjà vu
  • edited September 2017

Notice jacko has an ear piece in the article pic. Do we have a man in the stands now? Or maybe a link to one of the video analyst guys.

Jacko's earpiece seems to link to Brett the analyst; I was sat next to Brett at Gills and they were communicating.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Why didn't we have a "right go" in the summer transfer window?

because we didn't sell Konza and all the Lookman money is meant to be going on the training ground.
    I take it no-one has actually been selected to "do" the training ground work. Or, it they have, that there are no financial penalties for a lack of activity! It does seem to have missed a few key dates for work/completion already.

What did he say about CARD?

• From bullshit to "No shit!"
  • Croydon said:

Says a bed wetting moaner who isn't a real fan ........Well, actually no, it's Karl Robinson

What did he say about CARD?

He said CARD were right all along and everyone should wear black and white at the next home game.

Actually he said

cheers Henners

• Yes - he is right. And RD certainly has 'form' in setting pre-determined levels for how many players each of his clubs are allowed to carry.

But.....as Robinson also knows, our squad is not appreciably 'smaller' than most others in this league. Just thumb through the wiki entries club by club. We're comparable, and certainly better than many.

In an ideal world I'd like 32 players minimum of which a dozen would have Premiership/International experience and the other 20 would all have had extensive first team experience in the Championship/League One.

But no owner at this level is going to provide that.

One wonders if Robinson is getting in his alibi now for any tailing off of form.