Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Vegetarian Day .. Sunday 1st October

So keep those steaks, pork chops, joints of beef and burgers in the freezer and break out the tofu and nut cutlets to go along with the salad, green beans and cauliflower ..

or try a vegi stir fry or vegi vindaloo .. happy eating

Comments

• Food tomorrow already planned. Shame, would have given it a go if known earlier
  • Having vegetables tomorrow for lunch.

With roast pork

So close SHG, so, so close
  • Are we allowed to mention Vegetarian on here?
  • IdleHans said:

SDAddick said:

C_A_F_C said:

AKA Tofu and Handjob day.

Tofu makes for terrible lube

...uh so I've heard.
    Try using the jelly out of a pork pie.
    here speaks a man of experience ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• It's International Coffee Day as well, so I've done my bit.
  • cafcfan said:

It's International Coffee Day as well, so I've done my bit.

no milk in that coffee I hope ?
  • cafcfan said:

You hope in vain. Yesterday's left-over chilli con carne as a sort of "big soup" for lunch too. Yum, yum. Lamb chops for dinner.
  • cafcfan said:

Vegetarians still drink cows milk it's vegans that don't. Though I can't understand why anyone other than a baby cow would want to consume it.
  • This thread won't go in a predictable direction, not at all.
  • cafcfan said:

Vegetarians still drink cows milk it's vegans that don't. Though I can't understand why anyone other than a baby cow would want to consume it.
    Really? Pull the udder one.
    Any excuse for a pun and somebody will milk it
    It's all beyond the pail really.
  • can't we mooove on now please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

cafcfan said:

Really? Pull the udder one.
    Any excuse for a pun and somebody will milk it
    It's all beyond the pail really.
    Too far beyond the pail and things could get cheesy
  • Just like Valentines, it's Vegetarian Day in my house everyday. That's the missus, I transitioned to vegan and have never been happier.

Don't you struggle being vegan?

I've been veggie since December and tried vegan for a month but it just consumed so much of my time in terms of prep.
  • Are we allowed to mention Vegetarian on here?

only on Sundays in October
  • cafcfan said:

Cos it's delicious ;)
  • jamescafc said:

Just like Valentines, it's Vegetarian Day in my house everyday. That's the missus, I transitioned to vegan and have never been happier.

Don't you struggle being vegan?

I've been veggie since December and tried vegan for a month but it just consumed so much of my time in terms of prep.

Not at all. I thought I would to be honest but it's so easy to prepare quick and healthy vegan meals. I'm fortunate in that I genuinely like pretty much every vegetable, bean and grain available so it doesn't take me long to knock something up. I guess at first it can seem quite daunting but like anything the more you do something the easier it becomes til you can almost do it without thinking. Luckily there are so many vegan cookery channels online that make it so simple.
  • Really considering going veggie for a bit mainly because I love animals (not sexually) but also think it would have health benefits particularly the way meat is mass produced nowdays.

Go to the gym regularly to maintain my adonis physique and am concerned as have read it is difficult to get sufficient protein without overloading on foods high in carbs etc.

/
    Any tips from our resident experts about how to get sufficient healthy protein when sacking off meat?
  • Beans
    Nuts
    Tofu
    TVP
    Quorn
    Mushrooms
  • Thanks. What is TVP?
  • or textured vegetable protein, I can never remember