Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited January 2018
    At least we're only talking weeks for a takeover now from that latest Londononline article, two and four mentioned rather than up to three months previously................. Well I can hope can't I?
  • Doubt anyone is surprised at this. RD is a tight c*nt anyway, so as if he was going to give Robinson any money to bring players in where we're potentially a few weeks from a takeover.

Even if you play Football Manager, you aren't allowed to make any signings whilst the club is in takeover talks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Of course, the other side of the coin here is that Robinson is safe in his job regardless of results as RD will not want to pay anyone off while the takeover is going through.
  • Not very surprising at all. I still reckon we will pick up 1/2 players (loans/frees) towards the end of the window.

I would bring back RCC from Woking and start praying that Josh will start to begin scoring again .
  • Who would have thought it. Robinson clearly doesn't read this forum or he would have known what to expect.
  • no surprise if anything this is the time to prove his worth to new owners, as if he carries on with current form 1st thing id be doing as new owner is to give him the sack. not defending the guy but if i was Roland i would do exactly the same, and as a prospective new owner i would probably wait till after the transfer window as were pretty much safe in this league even if we draw ourselves to safety, players will return to fitness etc.
  • Agree with everyone saying bring back the loans we have out there. We will be paying most if not all of their wages so it's no increase to RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• no surprise if anything this is the time to prove his worth to new owners, as if he carries on with current form 1st thing id be doing as new owner is to give him the sack. not defending the guy but if i was Roland i would do exactly the same, and as a prospective new owner i would probably wait till after the transfer window as were pretty much safe in this league even if we draw ourselves to safety, players will return to fitness etc.

And we'll carry on with our current form without new bodies in. 1 fit striker won't bring us the goals. No reason to sack him now, as anyone else brought in will have the same squad.

• The Recent Results I rekon are due to the Take over News, add this to what KR is saying now must be very Frustrating for him, his staff and the players. to start the season looking. For promotion and then loosing some of your Tools for the job and not being able to add as was previously discussed.
  • Agree with everyone saying bring back the loans we have out there. We will be paying most if not all of their wages so it's no increase to RD.

You're forgetting that dear old Katy probably negotiated the loan deals so not only are we still likely to be paying the wages, we've probably also agreed to pay the loan clubs a fee for taking them off our hands and there's almost certainly a 6 month notice period for us to recall them.
  • Ross said:

no surprise if anything this is the time to prove his worth to new owners, as if he carries on with current form 1st thing id be doing as new owner is to give him the sack. not defending the guy but if i was Roland i would do exactly the same, and as a prospective new owner i would probably wait till after the transfer window as were pretty much safe in this league even if we draw ourselves to safety, players will return to fitness etc.

And we'll carry on with our current form without new bodies in. 1 fit striker won't bring us the goals. No reason to sack him now, as anyone else brought in will have the same squad.

so the points amassed at the start of the season?, why cant that same 11 bar clarke win games again.
  • Best thing he can do now is a Powell, refuse to play any enforced signings and only play the players he wants in a 4-4-2... :wink:
  • No different to any other January window under Duchatelet. We start the month hoping for permanent signings and end with loanees.