Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• If there is no takeover how good would it be if an all out boycott of this one could be arranged?

No takeover and I doubt the crowd will top 12,000 anyway. That story will probably be the one and only bit of publicity.
  • For a sec I thought this was a big sign that a takeover was imminent, setting up a game just after its confirmed for a fiver to bring a big crowd in. Then I saw that date and then it was pointed out to me that it was the annual academy day, so probably nothing to read into there!
  • Would current administration put on a game for £5 and commit new owners to that if take over was that imminent ?
  • Would current administration put on a game for £5 and commit new owners to that if take over was that imminent ?

What current administration?

This game would have been identified as one of the event days some months ago so this is just putting the existing plan in place.

Unfortunately, despite it likely to be a big promotion six pointer, it won't attract the 25K crowds of previous years as the club has very effectively alienated the key marketers for these events ie the fans, while at the same time refuse to back it financially with advertising in the local press.
  • This would have been planned when the fixtures were released, and the date picked out as its the annual academy day. So whatever game fell on that day would be the fiver game. Like I said, nothing to get excited about.

Unless the takeover is completed before the game I dont think it will attract many more then recent home games unfortunately.
  • We may aswell concede the 3 points now then

This game would have been identified as one of the event days some months ago so this is just putting the existing plan in place.

Unfortunately, despite it likely to be a big promotion six pointer, it won't attract the 25K crowds of previous years as the club has very effectively alienated the key marketers for these events ie the fans, while at the same time refuse to back it financially with advertising in the local press.
    are we doubling up and playing both Shrewsbury games?

As in both teams are going after 3pts, so 3+3=6 an that....
  • That's a depressing date to choose. In the 2011/2 season we ran Football for a Fiver on 25th February against Stevenage. That season I was getting my tickets pretty close to kick off, and I remember I had to sit in a different stand to usual because my usual spot was sold out. The place was absolutely packed, we won 2-0, Morrison scored a screamer and BWP finally got back on the scoresheet, and you just felt that everything was really coming together. This one is just scheduled to be a depressing drudge in an empty stadium. Super.
  • I'm sure it was planned a long time ago. I just don't understand why we are only getting a months notice. Why not get it out there early and start spreading the news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why give Roland more cash if he's still here?
  • Why give Roland more cash if he's still here?

But he would get the cash anyways if it was a normal game?

In fact he would get more if the regular walk up tickets were paying normal price. There wont be many more walk ups/advance sales then a normal game, and even then theyre paying much less then normal for Roland to make any extra money.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Why give Roland more cash if he's still here?

But he would get the cash anyways if it was a normal game?

In fact he would get more if the regular walk up tickets were paying normal price. There wont be many more walk ups/advance sales then a normal game, and even then theyre paying much less then normal for Roland to make any extra money.
    Same applies for that from me.
  • If a takeover has occurred by then, it's an ideal opportunity to celebrate the traditions of Valley Gold and our Academy. Especially given that half the first team are academy players.

RD is obviously looking to sell up this year. Ideally before this game?

And a bumper crowd will surely help the team given that we are in poll position to finish 6th and qualify for the play-offs.
  • If a takeover has occurred by then, it's an ideal opportunity to celebrate the traditions of Valley Gold and our Academy. Especially given that half the first team are academy players.

And a bumper crowd will surely help the team given that we are in poll position to finish 6th and qualify for the play-offs.

we are currently in 6th but I wouldn't say we are in pole position as there are a number of teams within a few points of us and I wouldn't rule out Plymouth who are storming up the table at the right time

• CAFCTrev said:

Would current administration put on a game for £5 and commit new owners to that if take over was that imminent ?

As in both teams are going after 3pts, so 3+3=6 an that....
    Really it's a 0-pointer (3+-3+0) or a 2-pointer (1+1=2), any further math(s) questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

Let's see where we are on the 24th February.
  • Sponsored links:

Let's see where we are on the 24th February.
    You will be in some northern backwater watching a 15th tier game in front of 14 people and a stray dog.......trying to Peseusde the dog to buy you a beer. :wink:
    Newhaven v Haywards Heath.
  • 27,000 sold already.
  • 27,000 sold already.

You bought the lot, did you? :smile:

• Oggy Red said:

27,000 sold already.

Yeah I left none for the away supporters.
  • just bought ours. breaking my boycott in the hope that a takeover will be completed by then, maybe even the first game with new owners. if not then at least I've only given RD a fiver.

How many more will do this.
  • Oggy Red said:

27,000 sold already.

111 left then
  • shirty5 said:

Oggy Red said:

27,000 sold already.

111 left then
    108 now - I’ve just got 3.
  • I gave 12,000 back.
  • RM says deal to sell the club should be next month.Get your tickets for this match guys.
  • RM says deal to sell the club should be next month.Get your tickets for this match guys.

Already done, @Valley27000

Bought 8 in the row we still use as daughter & family promised they'd attend once RD sold up.

Taking a chance but at £5 a pop .....