Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Friend's son attacked (ed. general Saff London chat).

Comments

• hopefully they catch the wankers that done it, unfortunately now its not safe to be out in certain areas past 11 at night, quite sad really.
  • With the quality of those pictures I would be very surprised if those two are not picked up within 24 hours. When cctv surveillance results in getting violent individuals like these off our streets as fast as possible I find it difficult to argue against their presence.

Agreed about CCTV, and these bastards are almost certainly 'known' to the police.

Speedy recovery to your friend's son.
  • I've had my jaw broken, it is without doubt the most painful injury I have ever sustained. I hope your friends boy is on the mend soon mate
  • Hope they get the cowards, i suspect they will......but they can look forward to the usual light sentence with their hard luck sob stories.
  • hopefully they catch the wankers that done it, unfortunately now its not safe to be out in certain areas past 11 at night, quite sad really.

@kentaddick care to elaborate on the lol?

I think it’s laughable that you think you can’t go out past 11 but hey ho.

Hope the culprits get caught.

would you venture out in Peckham at midnight?, as that's where the crime took place - i personally wouldn't but that shouldn't be the case.
  • I used to live in Peckham years ago, my perception is that it is considerably safer now, but sadly there's a risk anywhere that you might meet some scumbags. I was last there about 4 weeks ago and it felt a lot less menacing than Bexleyheath. Hope your friend's son is better soon and that these lowlifes are caught.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

I'd hope they'll be banged up and off the streets for a considerable period of time although we all know that's unlikely sadly.

I hope your friend's son can cope with the mental side @Algarveaddick . The physical wounds heal but you never stop being wary and anxious in similar circumstances after an experience of that nature.

Thanks Len. Yes someone else said the same about the mental scars on facebook.
  • edited March 2018

hopefully they catch the wankers that done it, unfortunately now its not safe to be out in certain areas past 11 at night, quite sad really.

would you venture out in Peckham at midnight?, as that's where the crime took place - i personally wouldn't but that shouldn't be the case.
    I’ve been drunk in Peckham a few times. Half decent night out nowadays. So yes, I have.
  • I suppose today he should thank himself lucky he wasn't stabbed.

Hope he recovers quickly and those bastards are caught and heavily punished.
  • edited March 2018

hopefully they catch the wankers that done it, unfortunately now its not safe to be out in certain areas past 11 at night, quite sad really.

I cannot believe Peckham or Brixton are as bad as they were in the early 80s - back then I ran a group of betting shops in those areas and used to drink regularly in what were considered no-go areas. I never felt unsafe, but I did know a lot of locals so perhaps that helped.

• Addickted said:

I suppose today he should thank himself lucky he wasn't stabbed.

Hope he recovers quickly and those bastards are caught and heavily punished.

Yes sadly in today's world you are not far wrong mate.
  • edited March 2018
    bobmunro said:

I cannot believe Peckham or Brixton are as bad as they were in the early 80s - back then I ran a group of betting shops in those areas and used to drink regularly in what were considered no-go areas. I never felt unsafe, but I did know a lot of locals so perhaps that helped.

They’re not, they’re getting gentrified, Brixton especially. Peckham still has a bit of a weird divide, white yummy mummy types sitting in the cafes whilst Nigerian background working class people working in the market stalls etc and seem to exist independently from each other but in the same place. And hipsters as well.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

They’re not, they’re getting gentrified, Brixton especially. Peckham still has a bit of a weird divide, white yummy mummy types sitting in the cafes whilst Nigerian background working class people working in the market stalls etc and seem to exist independently from each other but in the same place. And hipsters as well.
    Loafers, no socks brigade no doubt. It’s been 30 years since I regularly drank in Peckham, and if the fecking hipsters are there it will be another 30 years (I wish).

It’s cos of the overground access to shoreditch Plus shoreditch now being an expensive shithole rather than just a shithole.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Loafers, no socks brigade no doubt. It’s been 30 years since I regularly drank in Peckham, and if the fecking hipsters are there it will be another 30 years (I wish).

It’s cos of the overground access to shoreditch Plus shoreditch now being an expensive shithole rather than just a shithole.
    Peckham is (usually) a decent night out these days. The only place in SE London I wouldn't go out drinking in is Catford Broadway, and even that is getting there now.

London is one big expensive shithole - welcome to the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• EastStand said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Peckham is (usually) a decent night out these days. The only place in SE London I wouldn't go out drinking in is Catford Broadway, and even that is getting there now.

My mate said they overheard some one saying they had just bought a property “in catford village”.

I like gentrification to an extent (better night life etc) but you need to maintain affordable and council housing.

I think a lot of it depends on who you are. As a fifty year old man, I expect I'd probably be safer in most circumstances to a nineteen year old.
  • EastStand said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

My mate said they overheard some one saying they had just bought a property “in catford village”.

I like gentrification to an extent (better night life etc) but you need to maintain affordable and council housing.
    Wow. It’s like when a few of us got a cab after a night out a few years ago, the cab driver called Deptford “west Greenwich”.
  • Deptford is worse, but fuck it. The way coppers are pulled off the street and seconded into taskforces and offices it's a wonder anyone from the 50 is visible post 10pm these days.
  • I hope they chop their bollocks off
  • Is your mates son white, @Algarveaddick ?

Just wondered if this could possibly be a racially motivated attack?
  • part of Deptford is in West Greenwich ---i lived in Deptford Green for over 10 years our voting ward was West Greenwich.
  • Is your mates son white, @Algarveaddick ?

Just wondered if this could possibly be a racially motivated attack?

Algarve do you know how he got into a heated argument with these two brave men ?