Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe v Plymouth - Match thread?

Comments

• Plymouth really do look cack
  • Rob7Lee said:

As it stands. Think we’ll like playing Shrewsbury again.

Good weve beaten them recently so the players will be aware of that fact
    And their still reeling from missing out on Auto, i want to play them.
    Plus Im wary of having to get another two results against Rotherham having already done so this season
  • Jordan Clarke looks good too
  • Scunthorpe's from is pretty impressive if they win this as well. They'll be the in form team come the playoffs at this rate.

All kick started by a win at the Valley. Very frustrating.
  • HT 1-0.
  • 189 on line + guests. Nothing else getting posted so I guess we are all following this.
  • Plymouth look completely flat. Hopefully that will carry on into the second half and the next game and we can have a nap
  • Interesting that the Championship Final Day game has already been announced.

Wonder if they're waiting for the outcome of this Scunny game to decide what to put on
  • Rob7Lee said:

Plus Im wary of having to get another two results against Rotherham having already done so this season
    Playing Shrewsbury doesn't concern me too much. They're still decent, but their form has slowly waned as the season has gone on. Think their smallish squad is starting to suffer a bit of fatigue and that tiredness will make that bit harder to pick themselves up again. They've known for a few weeks though so it won't be quite the same hard psychological blow as losing out in the last game or two of the season.

We're not head and shoulders above any of the teams in the play-off hunt, but neither do we need to fear any of them. The availability of Fosu, and perhaps one of Zyro or Mavididi finding their best form could be the difference for us because I worry that teams might try to keep it a bit tighter against us and we may struggle to break them down. If teams go gung-ho against us, as they often do in play-off semi finals, then we might well fare better.
  • Scunthorpe's from is pretty impressive if they win this as well. They'll be the in form team come the playoffs at this rate.

TBF we have beaten Rotherham, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Shrewsbury and Blackburn recently. We were always going to have one shite performance against a top team in this division. Just happened to be Scunny.
  • Sponsored links:

• As it stands
    Home to Shrewsbury sun 13 May
    Away tuesday 15 May?
  • Rob7Lee said:

Playing Shrewsbury doesn't concern me too much. They're still decent, but their form has slowly waned as the season has gone on. Think their smallish squad is starting to suffer a bit of fatigue and that tiredness will make that bit harder to pick themselves up again. They've known for a few weeks though so it won't be quite the same hard psychological blow as losing out in the last game or two of the season.

We're not head and shoulders above any of the teams in the play-off hunt, but neither do we need to fear any of them. The availability of Fosu, and perhaps one of Zyro or Mavididi finding their best form could be the difference for us because I worry that teams might try to keep it a bit tighter against us and we may struggle to break them down. If teams go gung-ho against us, as they often do in play-off semi finals, then we might well fare better.
    God I agree with you re: Shrews but they were so good at The Valley and I'm afraid all of this dancing before the end zone stuff is the pride before the fall.
  • edited May 2018

As it stands
    Away tuesday 15 May?

Christ, don’t speak too soon
  • edited May 2018

As it stands
    Away tuesday 15 May?

Thursday 10th home Sunday 13th away I believe
  • As it stands
    Away tuesday 15 May?

Nope Home on Thurs 10th / Away on Sun 13th
  • poor game imo. Livened up for 5 minutes once Scunny scored but dearie me, these 2 teams are bang average. No real skill & a lot of miss-hit passes.

I do like the way the commentator has been saying that Plymouth are missing their main striker............we've not had one all season.
  • Valley11 said:

As it stands
    Away tuesday 15 May?

Christ, don’t speak too soon
    Yeah if we better the Scunny result on Saturday then we'll take back 5th...

TBF we have beaten Rotherham, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Shrewsbury and Blackburn recently. We were always going to have one shite performance against a top team in this division. Just happened to be Scunny.
    Oh I know, but it's still frustrating that it had to be Scunthorpe because not only were they rivals, they were in poor form and that win has acted as the catalyst for their revival as promotion hopefuls. I think they'd have been dead and buried weeks ago if we had beaten them, and maybe we wouldn't have need to beat Blackburn, for example. Its the Charlton way to make life hard for ourselves though.

As long as we do em at Wembley, if it comes to that, it'll all be alright in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Rob7Lee said:

God I agree with you re: Shrews but they were so good at The Valley and I'm afraid all of this dancing before the end zone stuff is the pride before the fall.
    Shrewsbury played against gobinson at the valley.
    Bowyer is different class
  • Laddick01 said:

Well it’s going to be a snatch and grab or nothing for Plymouth

Smash and grab the pair up front for Bristol Rovers early 1970s
    Warboys and Bannister.
  • SDAddick said:

Rob7Lee said:

Absolutely, no chickens being counted here. Just discussing hypotheticals right now.
  • On the box!
  • We are the live game on Saturday
  • our game is on tv saturday!!
  • edited May 2018
    We are on telly then?
  • Just said we are the live game Saturday
  • edited May 2018

SDAddick said:

Rob7Lee said:

Shrewsbury played against gobinson at the valley.
    Bowyer is different class
    I still think people get the story of that game wrong. We were bad, but they were really, really good and they stopped us from playing.

They looked bang average a couple weeks ago and I don't think we were that great but we got a bit of luck and showed a bit of grit, two things that haven't happened much this year.

To me they put in the best away performance at The Valley this year. I think they suffered from being Shrewsbury, and all of us myself very much included wrote off their early success. But I think if Rovers or Wigan had put in that performance we'd all be singing their praises.