Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe v Plymouth - Match thread?

18910111214»

Comments

• Options

RedMist said:

Thanks to Scunny the play-offs are now in our hands. A win Saturday against Rochdale and we're back in the lottery that is the play-offs. I'm still recovering from 2009-10 against Swindon when we went out on pens. The last time I was at the Valley unfortunately before emigrating. Working with a fella in Perth who is an Oldham fan and given the table he needs us to beat Rochdale to ensure their survival in league 1.

We're already in the play offs as long as there isn't a 6 goal swing to Plymouth if we lose .
    So we’re not already in the play offs.

Unlikely as it may seem - we go to Rochdale as a must win cup final. Nothing less.
    If you like.
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks we are not already there should back Plymouth at 250-1 for promotion.
  • Options

Its a shame because i quite like Rochdale and hope they stay up, but we need to be ruthless

As a neutral I feel like I'm in a difficult position... I want Rochdale to survive as quite like them, I also want Oldham to survive as been impressed with the job Richie Wellens has done there and feel he just didnt have the luck this season to finish in a better position (i.e. Injury to Eoin Doyle certainly didnt help)

Oh well, we need at least a draw and if Oldham are losing by more than one goal, maybe the Rochdale and Charlton players can come to an agreement
  • Options

Its a shame because i quite like Rochdale and hope they stay up, but we need to be ruthless

If Plymouth and Oldham are both losing, a draw would suit both us and Rochdale. IF Northampton were leading Oldham 4-0 with 15 minutes to go, then perhaps we'd both agree to play out a draw!
  • Options
    It is always tempting to rest players and you should seriously consider it if players are carrying significant injuries, but it would be a massive mistake allowing Saturday to halt the momentum we are gaining. I'm sure that won't happen. Bowyer clearly understands the importance of confidence.
  • Options
    Our goal difference is six better than Plymouth, but we have also scored more, which makes it even better. We could lose 2 nil and still get into the playoffs so long as Plymouth don't win 4 nil at Gillingham.
    But the more important thing at this stage, is to maintain form going into the playoffs. A draw would be OK, but we really should try to avoid losing, even 1nil.
  • Options
    Worryingly,i thought Scunthorpe looked pretty good last night,the forward line looked a handful.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I thought Plymouth were shot - However, Scunthorpe would be the team I would rather miss in the semis though, which is good as there is no way we will play them. I fancy playing Shrewsbury to be honest - Yes, they looked good at teh Valley but it is a long season for a small squad who deserve more than they are going to get - and they probably know it too.

I think Scunthorpe and us are the danger teams! So a Rotherham v Shrewsbury final then?

• Options

Worryingly,i thought Scunthorpe looked pretty good last night,the forward line looked a handful.

Scunthorpe seem to have hit form again, just at the right time. Its interesting that they, like us, also have a caretaker manager at the moment!
  • Options
    I reckon the promoted caretaker manager will also be promoted again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mind you, Plymouth were absolutely dire and allowed Scunthorpe to play well.
    Yes, they looked pretty good but I wonder how much of that was because of a very shitty Plymouth performance.

• Options

Mind you, Plymouth were absolutely dire and allowed Scunthorpe to play well.
    Yes, they looked pretty good but I wonder how much of that was because of a very shitty Plymouth performance.

Kind of agree with this, Scunthorpe did look good but the first half Plymouth showed nothing with the ball and didn't close them down enough. 2nd half looked like the real Plymouth came out to give them a game, they were on top when Scunny got the 2nd which killed off the game.

These playoffs are wide open, but i have faith we are the best team in it. just need to make sure we turn up for 3 games :) COYR