Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe v Plymouth - Match thread?

Comments

• Options
    Plymouth 1 shot on goal. What else can you expect than defeat!
  • Options
    Seriously think Lee Bowyer will self combust if we lose 4-0 on Saturday, have 2 players sent off for fighting, and give away 2 penalties.
  • Options
    There is more chance of Scunthorpe beating Rotherham to 4th than of Plymouth beating us to 6th.
  • Options
    Happy with that. Quite frankly, if we can't avoid defeat to Rochdale we don't deserve to be in the play offs.
  • Options
    It aint gonna happen but as I said in another thread Gillingham would love to burst our bubble so if anyone is going to score 4 it will be Plymouth. Rochdale will not score more than one
  • Options

Seriously think Lee Bowyer will self combust if we lose 4-0 on Saturday, have 2 players sent off for fighting, and give away 2 penalties.

Also if we go 2-0 down Id hope that we'd just tighten up at the back and stop anymore going in rather than trying to get a goal back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There is more chance of Scunthorpe beating Rotherham to 4th than of Plymouth beating us to 6th.

Blimey... Didnt think that could happen

Shows we could have gotten 4th ourselves had we not had that week of madness
    We should have gotten automatic if we got shot of Gobby a lot earlier.
  • Options
    They showed Neil Harris to be there tonight - i wonder who he was looking at?
  • Options

They showed Neil Harris to be there tonight - i wonder who he was looking at?

Nigel Clough was in front of him so definitely a scouting mission
  • Options
    Or a maurding full back Michael Gray
  • Options
    Any mods ending this and putting up a post match thread?
  • Options
    Recent form (last 5 matches):

1. Scunthorpe: 13 pts
    2. Rotherham: 10 pts
    3. Charlton: 9 pts
    4. Shrewsbury: 6 pts
    5. Plymouth: 5 pts
  • Options

Rotherham are playing Blackpool who are the second most in-form team in the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Weird how Scunthorpe have suddenly found their form again after a terrible run

Looks like getting rid of Alexander was a good call
  • Options
    Never mind resting players, will we be resting fans? Would love to see the full 3,000 allocation at Rochdale but as it's live on Sky, this is extremely doubtful. The Portsmouth and Blackburn games have highlighted the importance of us as 12th man and we need to maintain that momentum going into the play offs imo.
  • Options

Never mind resting players, will we be resting fans? Would love to see the full 3,000 allocation at Rochdale but as it's live on Sky, this is extremely doubtful. The Portsmouth and Blackburn games have highlighted the importance of us as 12th man and we need to maintain that momentum going into the play offs imo.

I don't know about others but I certainly don't need any rest. Since I bought my Portsmouth tickets I've been on this website non stop. The Portsmouth and Blackburn atmospheres were incredible, I want more of the same!

Bring it on!
  • Options

Blimey... Didnt think that could happen

Shows we could have gotten 4th ourselves had we not had that week of madness
    GOT
  • Options
    Thanks to Scunny the play-offs are now in our hands. A win Saturday against Rochdale and we're back in the lottery that is the play-offs. I'm still recovering from 2009-10 against Swindon when we went out on pens. The last time I was at the Valley unfortunately before emigrating. Working with a fella in Perth who is an Oldham fan and given the table he needs us to beat Rochdale to ensure their survival in league 1.
  • Options

Thanks to Scunny the play-offs are now in our hands. A win Saturday against Rochdale and we're back in the lottery that is the play-offs. I'm still recovering from 2009-10 against Swindon when we went out on pens. The last time I was at the Valley unfortunately before emigrating. Working with a fella in Perth who is an Oldham fan and given the table he needs us to beat Rochdale to ensure their survival in league 1.

We're already in the play offs as long as there isn't a 6 goal swing to Plymouth if we lose .
  • Options
    https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/may/patched-up/

Looks like Plymouth are down to the bare bones.
    Youth players being drafted in.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

We're already in the play offs as long as there isn't a 6 goal swing to Plymouth if we lose .
    So we’re not already in the play offs.

Unlikely as it may seem - we go to Rochdale as a must win cup final. Nothing less.
  • Options

I would say more thanks to ourselves, we beat Blackburn that sealed the deal, Scunthorpe just guaranteed it more or less, a draw or Plymouth win and it was still in our hands