Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe v Plymouth - Match thread?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Still fancy us to grab 5th place. I think we will win on Saturday

We're better off drawing (as mad as that sounds) and getting 6th
    Be interesting whats happening in the Oldham game if come the 80th min on Saturday were drawing.

As if Oldham are losing then Charlton get Play-Offs and Rochdale survive...
    Could be the biggest party the town of Rochdale has ever seen!
    Didnt that happen between Huddersfield and Barnsley a few years ago where the players of both sides simply downed tools for the last 10 mins

Would love to see SKY commentating on that one
    Think it happened in a World Cup a few iterations ago too, Germany v Austria maybe? It's the reason that all the final group games kick off at the same time now.
    That pissed off the Saudi's.....sorry Algerian's.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Be interesting whats happening in the Oldham game if come the 80th min on Saturday were drawing.

Didnt that happen between Huddersfield and Barnsley a few years ago where the players of both sides simply downed tools for the last 10 mins

Think it happened in a World Cup a few iterations ago too, Germany v Austria maybe? It's the reason that all the final group games kick off at the same time now.
    Jokes on SKY then... Surely by now they realise that Charlton games start and end after everyone else ;)
  • Options
    Blow the whistle FFS
  • Options
    OK, OK seems like we are there. Now the vital question. Do we 'rest' certain players on Saturday with two tough games coming up? Must admit I wouldn't like to call this.
  • Options
    Tell you what - they score here and our overconfidence could come back to bite us...
  • Options
    addick05 said:

OK, OK seems like we are there. Now the vital question. Do we 'rest' certain players on Saturday with two tough games coming up? Must admit I wouldn't like to call this.

No... Our squad isnt deep enough to rest players, nor have we had the confident season so need to hit the Play-Offs running
  • Options
    FT 2-0
  • Options
    FT 2-0
  • Options
    Great result
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perfect result
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    addick05 said:

No. That would be disrespectful to the other teams down at the bottom of the table plus Bowyer should stick with the players that got us into this position. If we are 2-0 up and cruising with 20 minutes to go by all means change things up but not until then.
  • Options
    Perfect result for us
  • Options
    That'll do...

Bit of a shame that Plymouth got that late winner on Saturday, their players look done though
  • Options

addick05 said:

No cos we are not there! Why would you rest players - if Gills roll over and our second strong get tonked then we are out.

We go there for the win - and our first team can get that
    And to carry on the momentum we’ve built up.
  • Options
    We need to win to keep the habit going so no to resting players and we can still cock it up at Rochdale. Play the next 4 matches like each is the play-off final.
  • Options
    Great result for us. We are soooooooooo close now....
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2018
    2-0. That will do. 3 points over Plymouth. +6 & 54 goals for Charlton & Plymouth 50. That win on Saturday against Blackburn proving even more valuable.
  • Options
    Going by this game and their performance at the Valley am bloody relieved we're not playing Scunny in the Semi Finals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rest those who need it.
  • Options

We are in. Anyone who thinks a 6 goal difference will be overturned on Saturday is absolutely mental.

I will remind you that Donald trump is president of the United States

Don’t take anything for granted ;)
  • Options
    Macronate said:

addick05 said:

No cos we are not there! Why would you rest players - if Gills roll over and our second strong get tonked then we are out.

I'm not even remotely worried about the Gills. They will probably lose on saturday but they don't get tonked too often tbf.
  • Options
    Interesting if Plymouth beat Gills 2-0 and we lose 4-0.....as well as being a fucking disaster. Would have the same record as Plymouth.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

That didn't entirely fix it though, I remember at Euro 2004 I had an accumulator on the group winners. My two pound bet was set to earn me something like 250 quid, but I needed Denmark to win the final group. Trouble is they and Sweden both just needed to draw with each other to go through, but it meant Sweden would win the group and screw my accy. The duly drew the game with Denmark spending at least 8 of the last 10 minutes just passing the ball back and forth across their back four with no Swedish player within 20 yards of them.

Was somewhat made up for by me having Milan Baros at 50s for top goalscorer, but I am still sore about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Macronate said:

addick05 said:

I'm not even remotely worried about the Gills. They will probably lose on saturday but they don't get tonked too often tbf.
    And we've only conceded four goals in nine games under Bowyer. IF we lose on Saturday, stats say it'll be a 1-0.
  • Options

addick05 said:

No... Our squad isnt deep enough to rest players, nor have we had the confident season so need to hit the Play-Offs running
    Agree, but perhaps we start with say Aribo, Zyro and Dijksteel ? With a strong bench as a back up.

• Options

Macronate said:

addick05 said:

And we've only conceded four goals in nine games under Bowyer. IF we lose on Saturday, stats say it'll be a 1-0.
    We hadn't conceded a goal for about 3 years going into the 98 play-off final, but that one ended 4-4.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Rochdale wont want to risk winning 4-0

They'll take a lead and then protect it - If they try to go for more they'll simply leave space for our players to exploit which'll just be stupid in their position as they've better Goal Difference than their rivals... Genuinely see a repeat of the Wimbledon game
  • Options

Macronate said:

addick05 said:

We hadn't conceded a goal for about 3 years going into the 98 play-off final, but that one ended 4-4.
    But Rochdale don't have Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips!