Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So instead of continuing to put money in RD has decided that if he remains in charge he will cash in on the players and let the club pay its way... that route lies League Two and complete oblivion plus he would likely end up giving the club away next summer. Not sure he would be much of a poker player.

Doing an Orient
  • If RD is still in charge by the first game of the season and we have a threadbare squad then we're going down to league two.
  • As far as far as we know we still have no CEO, no FD and only a temporary manager which all indicates to me that Duchatelet wants to sell asap.

If he was really planning to run the club next season he would have to appoint to those roles.
  • Really twisting the screw ain't he?
  • As far as far as we know we still have no CEO, no FD and only a temporary manager which all indicates to me that Duchatelet wants to sell asap.

If he was really planning to run the club next season he would have to appoint to those roles.

I agree however we all know that if he gets bored or even slightly vexed he will sell assets, even during a negotiation and any normal buyer will walk away if he does.

all of which the EFL should be concerned about

But they don't seem at all bothered
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Varney behind the British bid?

all of which the EFL should be concerned about

But they don't seem at all bothered
    perhaps we need to make them bothered?

• RD would sell his Grandma for a new roll of duct tape. Pass it on.
  • The problem is obviously the EFL. The price must already have been agreed.
  • In the meantime RD is covering his costs
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I’m going to The Valley tomorrow to recover the bronze bust of Jimmy Seed that sits outside the boardroom (when it’s supposed to be sited inside the main entrance where it can be seen by fans).

The family loaned it to the club in happier times, but while this regime seems intent on wrecking the club the bust can come home, and I’ll return it once new owners are in place. It’s a small gesture, but one that I hope makes a point.

I’m aiming for midday.

Excellent idea. Although in case Tiny Tony calls in his goons you'd better dress appropriately. ( I wonder why he's got one yellow and one green foot?)

• JamesSeed said:

I’m going to The Valley tomorrow to recover the bronze bust of Jimmy Seed that sits outside the boardroom (when it’s supposed to be sited inside the main entrance where it can be seen by fans).

The family loaned it to the club in happier times, but while this regime seems intent on wrecking the club the bust can come home, and I’ll return it once new owners are in place. It’s a small gesture, but one that I hope makes a point.

I’m aiming for midday.

Maybe you could just drape an Australia flag over him?
  • edited June 2018
    Knowing how shockingly run the club is, if Roly doesn't sell there will be a bare plinth sitting outside the boardroom at the start of the season as nobody will have the gumption to move it.
  • Funny that Cawley is only talking about the Aussies.

No mention of the elusive British group and where their bid is. Almost as if it didn't exist.

Duchatelet and Muir playing poker with Roland threatening to sell everything that moves to get his way.

No doubt in my mind that Duchatelet is the villain here as deal or no deal he could choose to keep players and sanction a pre-season trip.

Only he is deliberately running down the squad and making cuts.

Problem is because of the nda they'll only give you a morcel of info.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!