Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Mal said:

We need to wake up!, how long have we had Roland? - over 4 years, yet were expecting him to do the right thing RIGHT????, WRONG, all the mans interested in is making money, he has NEVER understood football or indeed running a club.

For fk sake open our eyes, how many players has he sold from under our feet, our club is slowly dying, all these sales, all the cutbacks, I would use the expression "death by a thousand cuts", time is running out people, WAKE UP!, sitting back waiting for this supposed takeover, and doing nothing is, in my opinion, not an option now, we need to act, and fast, or we wont have a club left fit for perpose.

Remember this, we never got back to the valley sitting on our arses, waiting for something to happen.

Not disagreeing with you - but you haven't come up with any suggestions as to what to do?
    Answers on a postcard please.

• Options
    What’s changed in the last 48 ?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m going to The Valley tomorrow to recover the bronze bust of Jimmy Seed that sits outside the boardroom (when it’s supposed to be sited inside the main entrance where it can be seen by fans).

The family loaned it to the club in happier times, but while this regime seems intent on wrecking the club the bust can come home, and I’ll return it once new owners are in place. It’s a small gesture, but one that I hope makes a point.

I’m aiming for midday.

Hopefully there's a photographer there at the very least? Assume those with press contacts are all over it...;)
    Just want the bust back. Not phoning press.
    Just a thought. It’s obvious that you and your family are not seeking publicity when reclaiming the bust so on that basis would the museum be a safe and appropriate haven for Jimmy in hopefully the short term ?

Yes it would, but it might dilute the message.

I'm aiming to go down at 12 o'clock tomorrow, so that I can be home in plenty of time for the kids coming back from school.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m going to The Valley tomorrow to recover the bronze bust of Jimmy Seed that sits outside the boardroom (when it’s supposed to be sited inside the main entrance where it can be seen by fans).

The family loaned it to the club in happier times, but while this regime seems intent on wrecking the club the bust can come home, and I’ll return it once new owners are in place. It’s a small gesture, but one that I hope makes a point.

I’m aiming for midday.

Hopefully there's a photographer there at the very least? Assume those with press contacts are all over it...;)
    Just a thought. It’s obvious that you and your family are not seeking publicity when reclaiming the bust so on that basis would the museum be a safe and appropriate haven for Jimmy in hopefully the short term ?

I'm aiming to go down at 12 o'clock tomorrow, so that I can be home in plenty of time for the kids coming back from school.
    If there is no one there to see the reclamation I’m not sure you. Are sending any message ?

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Roland would assett strip our Upbeats if he had the chance.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m aiming for midday.

So what's changed then since Sunday when you told us all on here that your Australian buddy told you by text

"We're still working away at it mate. Be patient my friend"

48 hours is not very patient!
    It's getting worse by the day, and I've had enough of it.
    We all know that, but what's changed your tune in the last 48 hours then? Sunday, be patient, I take that as good news. Today, I've had enough.

If nothing's changed in the last 48 hours, you could have taken away that bust when we were all protesting in the car park and in the ground, so why now?
    I haven't heard anything from the Aussies if that's what you're wondering.

Things have changed in the last 48 hours. Konsa was sold a few weeks ago, which looked ominous, but we thought he was going anyway. But now there's a fire-sale, and it looks like Duchatelet has gone into meltdown. It's clear he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks of him, and there can't be any protests because there aren't any matches on, so I just though I'd contribute what I can.
    No one has been sold since your be patient comment, so nothing has changed then.

Your timing is odd
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m aiming for midday.

So what's changed then since Sunday when you told us all on here that your Australian buddy told you by text

We all know that, but what's changed your tune in the last 48 hours then? Sunday, be patient, I take that as good news. Today, I've had enough.

If nothing's changed in the last 48 hours, you could have taken away that bust when we were all protesting in the car park and in the ground, so why now?

Things have changed in the last 48 hours. Konsa was sold a few weeks ago, which looked ominous, but we thought he was going anyway. But now there's a fire-sale, and it looks like Duchatelet has gone into meltdown. It's clear he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks of him, and there can't be any protests because there aren't any matches on, so I just though I'd contribute what I can.
    To be honest there hasn't actually been a fire sale - yet...

Hopefully Roland is just using a hitherto unseen nous of manipulating the local media with a couple of strategically placed stories to get the Aussies (or anyone else interested) to hurry up and meet his requirements.

Either way time is wasting, even if the takeover went through this afternoon we'd be miles behind on our pre-season preparations which I can see being used as a reason/excuse for failure next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What the hell is going on?!

Are the Aussies still interested or not?
    And if they are, what’s the hold up?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m aiming for midday.

No one has been sold since your be patient comment, so nothing has changed then.

Your timing is odd
    SLP article, and Lennon sale?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    I think the acid test is going to be if and when Duchatelet appoints an official CEO and CFO. I’m not certain at all if there is any legal requirement for him to do so or requirement by the EFL. I find it hard to believe he can continue like this for too much longer. If those appointments are made that’s when I’ll get really worried.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m aiming for midday.

If there is no one there to see the reclamation I’m not sure you. Are sending any message ?

I'm hopefully sending a message, but you can't make the press turn up, they either do or they don't.
  • Options
    With each additional day RD is in charge, things are getting a lot more Blackpool/Oyston-like.
  • Options
    I've said before Roland's main concern is to get his money back, not to sell the club. It just so happens that selling the club is the only possible method left as he has given up on any pretence of trying to get the club promoted. If he just wanted rid of the club as soon as possible he'd have done what Ellis Short did.

If the Australian bid is having trouble rounding up the cash required, Roland is merely making up the difference by cashing out the remaining few player assets. The asking price will have to go down accordingly and may end up closer to what the Australians are prepared to lay out, albeit they are getting a decimated squad for their money.

They can rebuild for a reasonable amount of money, you don't need to spend billions in league One to compete. The problem is time. The longer this drags on, the less chance there is of saving the coming season.
  • Options

se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m aiming for midday.

To be honest there hasn't actually been a fire sale - yet...

Hopefully Roland is just using a hitherto unseen nous of manipulating the local media with a couple of strategically placed stories to get the Aussies (or anyone else interested) to hurry up and meet his requirements.

Either way time is wasting, even if the takeover went through this afternoon we'd be miles behind on our pre-season preparations which I can see being used as a reason/excuse for failure next season.
    you give Roland too much credit, he's doing it because he's a c**t and he can

Not necessarily mutually exclusive!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m aiming for midday.

Your timing is odd
    SLP article, and Lennon sale?
    Which all have not happened yet. Not saying they won't but you told us all on Sunday to be patient and now your gone the other direction by taking back the bust. He won't care what you do and without any press/media informed what do you get out of it!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m aiming for midday.

I'm hopefully sending a message, but you can't make the press turn up, they either do or they don't.
    I wouldn’t dream of telling you how to play this but even a simple photograph that is tweeted or well placed on social media would be better than nothing.

I’m sure the editor of our fanzine would be interested at the very least.

• Options
    Valley11 said:

They do not have the funds to buy us from RD, they are scrabbling around trying to get mugs investors to put some money in the pot.

All this bollocks that the EFL are holding up the deal is laughable.
  • Options
    Has Bowyer's re-appointment as caretaker manager been announced on the official site? I can't see it.
  • Options
    Very wise of James to reclaim the bust prior to possible administration.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

They do not have the funds to buy us from RD, they are scrabbling around trying to get mugs investors to put some money in the pot.

That’s one theory. Or maybe they’re hoping if they wait longer RD will eventually drop the price.
  • Options

Has Bowyer's re-appointment as caretaker manager been announced on the official site? I can't see it.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b224389baf3f/lee-bowyer-to-continue-in-his-role-as-charlton-athletic-caretaker-manager
  • Options

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b224389baf3f/lee-bowyer-to-continue-in-his-role-as-charlton-athletic-caretaker-manager
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

That’s one theory. Or maybe they’re hoping if they wait longer RD will eventually drop the price.
    Well if he sells the 3 x players being mentioned and gets rid of a few more staff there wont be much left to purchase. Any savings the Aussies make will go straight out the window re-building the squad.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!