Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Cawley saying Charlton refuting any claims of a fire sale, all outgoings sanctioned by Bowyer and working on incomings. Can't link the tweets from mobile.

Fosu and Bauer being sold is a good thing for the squad? Bollocks
    Cawley also suggested our valuations of that pair have put clubs off.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m going to The Valley tomorrow to recover the bronze bust of Jimmy Seed that sits outside the boardroom (when it’s supposed to be sited inside the main entrance where it can be seen by fans).

The family loaned it to the club in happier times, but while this regime seems intent on wrecking the club the bust can come home, and I’ll return it once new owners are in place. It’s a small gesture, but one that I hope makes a point.

I’m aiming for midday.

So what's changed then since Sunday when you told us all on here that your Australian buddy told you by text

"We're still working away at it mate. Be patient my friend"

48 hours is not very patient!
    It's getting worse by the day, and I've had enough of it.
    We all know that, but what's changed your tune in the last 48 hours then? Sunday, be patient, I take that as good news. Today, I've had enough.

If nothing's changed in the last 48 hours, you could have taken away that bust when we were all protesting in the car park and in the ground, so why now?
    I haven't heard anything from the Aussies if that's what you're wondering.

Things have changed in the last 48 hours. Konsa was sold a few weeks ago, which looked ominous, but we thought he was going anyway. But now there's a fire-sale, and it looks like Duchatelet has gone into meltdown. It's clear he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks of him, and there can't be any protests because there aren't any matches on, so I just though I'd contribute what I can.
    No one has been sold since your be patient comment, so nothing has changed then.

Your timing is odd
    SLP article, and Lennon sale?
    Which all have not happened yet. Not saying they won't but you told us all on Sunday to be patient and now your gone the other direction by taking back the bust. He won't care what you do and without any press/media informed what do you get out of it!
    Are you happy with the direction the club is heading in? I'm not, and while there's nothing I can do to stop it, I can at least make a gesture.
    Stupid question there, James. You do what you want, but don't go telling us all to be patient and then decided on this.
    Bit OTT mate, I wasn't telling anyone to be patient was I? That was the Aussies.

Sorry if I implied you were happy with the direction the club is heading in though, I didn't mean it that way.

But to me it seems things can't get much worse. The statements from Cawley today were the straw that broke the camels back if you like.
    OTT! Not even close.

Your the one putting the messages out there from them so you can't have it both ways.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Andrew Muir just sold the freehold on the last remaining Good Guys premises that he still owned for $7.5 million at the weekend.

Just another £7.5m to find then
  • Options
    Addickted said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm surprised there is still a British consortium in negotiations but maybe they are currently owners of another club, waiting to sell and therefore don't need to go through the EFL test so could happen any time if their sale goes through? Not based on any fact or anything I've been told but seems a fair hypothesis?

But you've been telling us since Feb that there is another bidder and they're British.

Particularly scathing of @Redhenry's lot because "unless they are Australian or British" then they're not in the hunt.

Has the Belgian Bastard thrown back Murrays Mob now then?

I've been telling you what I've been told
  • Options

As far as far as we know we still have no CEO, no FD and only a temporary manager which all indicates to me that Duchatelet wants to sell asap.

If he was really planning to run the club next season he would have to appoint to those roles.

He'll just bus someone in from Belgium/one of his businesses/a relation/friend etc.
  • Options

Chizz said:

In fairness to Duchatalet, he obviously hasn't yet decided how much money he wants to lose.

Should he lose money by selling the club to the only consortium that has any possibility of buying the club, but at a price that gives him a big loss?

Or should he keep the club, complete a fire sale of several players and end up with a club worth much, much less than the only consortium would be willing to pay?

As soon as he makes his mind up how much money he wants to lose, we should have an idea as to when or either the takeover goes ahead.

He really is a shrewd businessman.

I would like to challenge a couple of things in @chizz's assessment purely from my own observations and what is known about RD from his erratic statements and behaviour.

Firstly, The belief that RD is a shrewd businessman.
    At first glance there can be no argument here. RD has proven himself to be highly successful in operating a global company which has brought him significant wealth. Not so shrewd though, is to attempt to apply a successful business model in one sphere to the volatile area of football club ownership, morseso in another country, and expect the returns to be the same (or at least not loss making) especially if you are going to spend only 1.5% of your time on the venture.

But saying that RD is a shrewd businessman based only on the assumption that RD bought Charlton solely to make money is flawed IMO. The only way he could achieve that would be promotion to the Prem whereas we know from Meire, when she gave the game away in Dublin, that the agenda at the outset was to create a player farm for the Prem at Charlton whilst at the same time promoting the other part of the Duchatelet vision not articulated in Dublin but which nevertheless was revealed in snippets from RD fairly early on.

This was essentially a social experiment on a grand scale which was intended to re-model fan behaviour and mind-set. The emphasis was put on match day experience with the game itself only one element, a focal point of course, of a much more encompassing social pastime in which you partook of a meal, met up with friends, and ideally stayed at the ground after the game enjoying a drink and a dance preferably with opposing fans (RD is on record as saying that he wanted fans to be more like Rugby fans and indeed Meire talked openly about trying to recruit fans from the Harlequins heartlands of SW London). These are hardly the words and actions of a shrewd businessman - more like those of a self-appointed visionary who nevertheless sees himself in his own words as a latter-day Alan Turing - A hero spurned by those those too stupid to understand what he is trying to achieve for their own benefit.

Charlton are not owned by a shrewd businessman IMO- they are owned by a very wealthy, arrogant and egocentric man who, if he ran a country would be described as a despot.

Chizz also believes that it is understandable for RD to take as much time as he likes in deciding how much money he wants to lose. This cannot possibly hold up as an argument especially if RD is keen to sell asap. He has already had a year or thereabouts to 'think' about this. All the indications are that there are other issues on the agenda rather than price but it is difficult to speculate with a man as complex and unyielding as RD. However, what is troubling is that despite giving up his footballing interests at STVV he is still holding on to Alcorcon I believe. So, I'm not sure that he is really ready to give up the power which he now holds at Charlton and I referred to the reasons why in a previous posting.

Finally, no-one this side of the channel seems to have the ear of Duchatelet. If whatever consortia are out there are ultimately doomed to failure then the only resort might be to fund some kind of approach to the EFL. They cannot simply sit on their hands and watch on, mutely whilst this debacle carries on seemingly without resolution.
    100 per cent on the nail John but if past experience is anything to go by I wouldn't count on the EFL stepping in. They IMHO are only interested in the Championship where the 'real money' is. Also, I don't really see on what grounds they could 'interfere' - but I stand ready to be corrected.
  • Options

As far as far as we know we still have no CEO, no FD and only a temporary manager which all indicates to me that Duchatelet wants to sell asap.

If he was really planning to run the club next season he would have to appoint to those roles.

He'll just bus someone in from Belgium/one of his businesses/a relation/friend etc.
    If he was going to do that he would have done it by now. It is very risky to him personally, being the only director and not employing an executive.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Valley11 said:

Cawley saying Charlton refuting any claims of a fire sale, all outgoings sanctioned by Bowyer and working on incomings. Can't link the tweets from mobile.

Fosu and Bauer being sold is a good thing for the squad? Bollocks
    Cawley also suggested our valuations of that pair have put clubs off.
    Over valuation. Sounds familiar!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Cawley tweets

Not hearing this from Bowyer though and not even from the club.

Why isn't Bowyer giving fans an update directly via the OS/OS Twitter?

All very odd but typical Duchatelet comms strategy.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m going to The Valley tomorrow to recover the bronze bust of Jimmy Seed that sits outside the boardroom (when it’s supposed to be sited inside the main entrance where it can be seen by fans).

The family loaned it to the club in happier times, but while this regime seems intent on wrecking the club the bust can come home, and I’ll return it once new owners are in place. It’s a small gesture, but one that I hope makes a point.

I’m aiming for midday.

So what's changed then since Sunday when you told us all on here that your Australian buddy told you by text

"We're still working away at it mate. Be patient my friend"

48 hours is not very patient!
    It's getting worse by the day, and I've had enough of it.
    We all know that, but what's changed your tune in the last 48 hours then? Sunday, be patient, I take that as good news. Today, I've had enough.

If nothing's changed in the last 48 hours, you could have taken away that bust when we were all protesting in the car park and in the ground, so why now?
    I haven't heard anything from the Aussies if that's what you're wondering.

Things have changed in the last 48 hours. Konsa was sold a few weeks ago, which looked ominous, but we thought he was going anyway. But now there's a fire-sale, and it looks like Duchatelet has gone into meltdown. It's clear he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks of him, and there can't be any protests because there aren't any matches on, so I just though I'd contribute what I can.
    To be honest there hasn't actually been a fire sale - yet...

Hopefully Roland is just using a hitherto unseen nous of manipulating the local media with a couple of strategically placed stories to get the Aussies (or anyone else interested) to hurry up and meet his requirements.

Either way time is wasting, even if the takeover went through this afternoon we'd be miles behind on our pre-season preparations which I can see being used as a reason/excuse for failure next season.
    "hitherto unseen nous" I just puked from laughing so hard
    what the shining fuck are you on?
    the septic old cunt knows precisely nothing about the business of football
    he demonstrates this with every single action he takes
    as for manipulating the press, he cares not one jot what anybody thinks of him and his head remains firmly jammed up his own rectum, he has no respect for any view other than his own, so why would he say anything to anyone?
    selling off any player for whom he finds a taker is the opposite of what's good for the club
    he's liquidating anything that can be liquidated - and for no reason that makes any sense at all
    he's beginning to make oyston & son look like reasonable club owners

Whatever it is that finally sees him cease his wanton destruction of the club, will be a good thing.
    The momentum of the destruction is building, with no prospect of any change, Charlton's future is bleak indeed.
  • Options

How ever we’ll meaning the Belgium 20 are the attacks on Duchatelets Hotel,Restaurants etc have just antagonised the old fool, for him it’s now got very personal.

It'll be getting a lot more personal if he attempts to strip this club bare.
    I’ve yet to write my TripAdvisor review of his hotel, or post on its Facebook page, or contact businesses that he does business with / are in his chain supply. But I will, in due course.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Andrew Muir just sold the freehold on the last remaining Good Guys premises that he still owned for $7.5 million at the weekend.

Tel have you been asked to join the consortium ? :smile:
  • Options
    Calm down and carry on supporting Charlton.

These rough times will make our glorious sweep into the PL and onwards to Champions League winners by 2025 all the more sweet.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If he was going to do that he would have done it by now. It is very risky to him personally, being the only director and not employing an executive.
    He'll do it as late as possible and possibly won't until the EFL get involved. Why would he otherwise when he doesn't give a shit about Charlton.
  • Options
    On that freezing night in Woolwich a few years ago a guy said he would accept League 2 if it meant Duchatelet had departed from CAFC.
    They may turn out to be prescient words.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Glad you are now confirming that some of what you've been fed and posted on here is total bollocks then.

Nice to have cleared that one up then.

where have I said any of it is total bollocks???
  • Options
    Addickted said:

TEL said:

Just another £7.5m to find then
    Assuming this £15m figure is true. Where did that even come from in the first instance?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Still think people are getting carried away at this point. We all expected Konsa to go, and I don't care if Lennon goes. Clubs are bound to be interested in players like Bauer and Fosu because they were amongst our best players last season.

I hate RD like the rest of us, but I genuinely don't believe he will asset strip. Not because he is a better bloke than that, but because we don't have enough assets.

What is the point in him getting 3/4 million in for players and then selling us for next to nothing? He would lose more money that way. I think all this aswell as the rumoured British party coming back are purely to help speed the Aussies along.
  • Options
    I assume RD is attempting to cover some of his losses and possibly speed up a sale by selling players.
    If he sells no one and doesn't reduce his costs he is not exerting any pressure on the buyers.
    The Aussies can just sit tight knowing that the assets remain the same and RD is covering all the costs.
    If RD is losing @£10M per season, what do they care if he holds on for longer.
    Surely, his leverage now is continue to reduce the asset base and give him cash in the bank ?
    If the Aussies aren't happy then they need to do the deal.
    If they have a 5/10 year plan, does it matter to them whether it starts in 2018 or 2019 ?
  • Options
    In fact, the only thing that can be confirmed as total bollocks is when it has been stated to have been a done deal. Maybe 'Price agreed' may have been a better phrase? I don't know but I'm sure it was posted up on here in good faith just as your EFL stuff has been. I'm still confident it will happen this summer.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m aiming for midday.

Hopefully there's a photographer there at the very least? Assume those with press contacts are all over it...;)
    Just want the bust back. Not phoning press.
    Just a thought. It’s obvious that you and your family are not seeking publicity when reclaiming the bust so on that basis would the museum be a safe and appropriate haven for Jimmy in hopefully the short term ?

well JS wouldnt have mentioned on here if was trying to keep quiet about it ...just sayin
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Being mentioned elsewhere -: that its just been heard the Aussies have pretty much walked away, RD looking for personnel to run the club next season!! Well if that's true we are in the deep brown smelly stuff. I can only hope that its not, or, if it is, the 'second' group, according to RM are still around. The Saudi's seem to have gone, Donald Muir's group pulled out ages ago, now with this news I get the distinct feeling that RD will be here for a lot longer yet, and CAFC could be in big trouble!
  • Options

Being mentioned elsewhere -: that its just been heard the Aussies have pretty much walked away, RD looking for personnel to run the club next season!! Well if that's true we are in the deep brown smelly stuff. I can only hope that its not, or, if it is, the 'second' group, according to RM are still around. The Saudi's seem to have gone, Donald Muir's group pulled out ages ago, now with this news I get the distinct feeling that RD will be here for a lot longer yet, and CAFC could be in big trouble!

Where has this been mentioned?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!