Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    It really is all over the place at the moment.

Really need clarity soon...
  • Options
    Has this already been quoted by Cawley?

#cafc takeover update here - Roland Duchatelet is not prepared to send squad away on pre-season tour this summer
  • Options
    Where's Redhenry's lot when you bloody need them !!!!
  • Options

Why would he start now?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

These people Duchatelet puts in to run the club had better have skins as thick as Rhinos because surely everybody is fair game aren't they?
    I know there is a decent case to be made where the footsoldiers should be exempt but I hope we can identify the line where everybody above it is fair game for resistance related activities.
    There are grey areas though. I suppose it is the 'I was only following orders' group which may well include the football staff and the communications staff. My advice is to say absolutely nothing, and attribute all decisions to the exact person who made them, and attribute all communications to the exact source that instructed such communications be made or we ought to assume that the person who is shoved out front to be the public face is the author/decision maker.
    There is the beginning of propaganda already where we are expected to believe that Lee Bowyer is fully behind the fire sale that will rip what remains of Charlton Athletic apart.

So it is you really then Lee?
    Then own the backlash which will only be stopped by win after win after win.

We are entering a situation where not only is my enemy's friend my enemy, but my enemy's forces and employees are to be treated with suspicion if not hostility because of their association with the enemy.

Those that work for the regime and helped the club’s demise , especially those that call themselves Charlton fans, have always been an issue.
  • Options

Where's Redhenry's lot when you bloody need them !!!!

Knowing our luck they'll announce they've bought Millwall next week and are investing 50m into the playing squad.
  • Options
    Update: Nobody knows what's going on.
  • Options
    cant see "consensual" is even in the picture ---RD will sell 5 players---those players will be who he can get the most dosh for not who Bowyer says its OK to sell.
    Bowyer has been fed a line and either he has fallen for it or he has taken the hit because at the end of the day he will have a job for a few months and an excuse when it goes tits up.

At the moment we are in a sorry mess
  • Options
    Chizz said:

You know when people come onto this thread and complain that there are hundreds of posts they can't be bothered to read through, but want a quick summary of what's happening?

They're all going to be really pissed off when they realise they've missed the announcement about the special meeting taking place at noon tomorrow at the Valley.

Especially when they find out that the press haven't even been invited yet.

Anyway, good luck to those involved. And I hope the handover goes as smoothly as possible.

?
  • Options

Why would he start now?
    Doesn't have to be Ol'Yella Tooth but someone with some insight in the teams current situation.

Saying that, there's no f**ker there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I've got to be honest Cawley's early posts suggested RD was looking to sell whoever and whatever he could.
    However, he has now changed his tune and is basically saying RD will do the same as any responsible owner.

Move on the players on high wages and those not good enough for a first team place.
    That is normal football practice and I have no problem with that being that I believe I'm realistic.
    But please do get in 4 players that will strengthen the first team and don't leave it too late like previous seasons.

It has to be done now, we can wait any longer for a takeover, whoever may be at fault.
  • Options

Source?
  • Options

I've got to be honest Cawley's early posts suggested RD was looking sell whoever and whatever he could. However, he has now changed his tune and is basically saying RD will do the same as any responsible owner.

Move on the players on high wages and thise not good enigh for a first team place. That is normal football practice and I have no problem with that being realistic. But please do get in 4 players that will strengthen the first team and don't leave it too late like previous seasons.

It has to be done now, ee can wsit no longer fir a takeover, whoever may be at fault.

is it the Norwegian's now?

• Options

Marvin Gaye?
  • Options
    Well catching up on thia thread after a holiday has been fucking depressing.

Not improved by a delayed flight.
  • Options
    My god, this thread is depressing! The old bastard just won't go will he.
  • Options

Let’s hope Airman is digging

Bowyer’s comments to Rich Cawley are being flatly contradicted by other sources. Guess we’ll see.
    If Bowyer is talking to Crawley, who is contradicting it, that would actually know? Not being argumentative but there can't be many people in the loop
  • Options
    five loan players gone five more to be sold four new players to come in and we will be top six ????????????
  • Options

Well catching up on thia thread after a holiday has been fucking depressing.

Not improved by a delayed flight.

Following it every day is fucking depressing as well Canters :frowning:

When will this shite end?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The 1000 page thread is on.

Believe
  • Options

Believe

That's probably true but very very sad
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Let’s hope Airman is digging

Bowyer’s comments to Rich Cawley are being flatly contradicted by other sources. Guess we’ll see.
    If Bowyer is talking to Crawley, who is contradicting it, that would actually know? Not being argumentative but there can't be many people in the loop
    Scenario perhaps?

Cawley reads on Charltoin Life, etc that the natives are really restless.
    Thinks, ha ...... best get on the blower to Bowyer, now he's back from holiday - and see if anything's going on from his point of view.

Bow eventually returns his call and tells Cawley the bits he wants Cawley to spread around. Only those bits.
    Cawley thinks I can get six different articles out of that 2 minute phone call with Bow. Perfect.

Result: plenty of hits on the SLP website. And a plethora of new posts on CL.

• Options
    Mods should pull a hard copy and issue it as a book.
  • Options

Believe

The first thousand that is.
  • Options
    I get that's what's happened with Cawley, but who is in the position to brief/leek contradicting information?
  • Options

cant see "consensual" is even in the picture ---RD will sell 5 players---those players will be who he can get the most dosh for not who Bowyer says its OK to sell.
    Bowyer has been fed a line and either he has fallen for it or he has taken the hit because at the end of the day he will have a job for a few months and an excuse when it goes tits up.

At the moment we are in a sorry mess

What I don't understand is that LB had always said that he wasn't that bothered about management & Kewell almost had to drag him away from his fishing lakes the other season. Now he's a yes man, swallowing alk the bollox that RD feeds him & is grabbing the shittiest job in football with both hands. I thought LB would have more sense & walk......unless he has spoken to the Aussies very recently & they have assured him that eventually they will take over & he is their man.
  • Options
    Serious question.

What is being said on SE7 Valiants?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!