Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SUNDERLAND AWAY 2018/19

Just booked a hotel for the opening weekend in soony soonderlund ..

If we absolutely stink out the Stadium of Light, then I'll be travelling no further than Scunthorpe for future away games until we drastically improve. But let's start on a positive tone.
Despite everything, I am confident(ish) that we can put out the Black Cats lights on day one. Sunderland is a great club in even more disarray than us at present.

The last game I went to when we were away on the opening day in the great north east was at Middlesbrough in the year of Lords Mendonca and Llewellyn, 1997/98. We were unlucky to lose 2-1 to a last minute Ravenelli goal. And who did we beat in the Wembley play off that year ? .. positive omen time .. I got my mojo working

I'm looking forward to seeing some old mates and some not so old ones in early August .. Come on youse Addicks ((:>)

Comments

• Last time I was there we went 2-0 up, including a goal from Steve Brown, only for us to be pegged back to 2-2 at the death.
  • have booked a basic hotel near newcastle station £37 for the night, am looking at getting the 7.30am out of kings cross and 11.29am back on the sunday, have looked for groupsave but cannot get it any cheaper than £111.00 currently.
  • Just booked a hotel for the opening weekend in soony soonderlund ..

If we absolutely stink out the Stadium of Light, then I'll be travelling no further than Scunthorpe for future away games until we drastically improve. But let's start on a positive tone.
    Despite everything, I am confident(ish) that we can put out the Black Cats lights on day one. Sunderland is a great club in even more disarray than us at present.

The last game I went to when we were away on the opening day in the great north east was at Middlesbrough in the year of Lords Mendonca and Llewellyn, 1997/98. We were unlucky to lose 2-1 to a last minute Ravenelli goal. And who did we beat in the Wembley play off that year ? .. positive omen time .. I got my mojo working

I'm looking forward to seeing some old mates and some not so old ones in early August .. Come on youse Addicks ((:>)

really?

• If there is no completion of the takeover soon we will be stuck with the sick, lame, lazy and kids turning out at Sunderland. Could be an embarrassment of epic proportions in front of the Sky cameras. Luckily only 13 people and a dog will bother to watch it on tv.

really?

I would disagree entirely also, just had their debts cleared, new owners, promising new manager, having a clear out. Firm favourites to go up
  • Davo55 said:

If there is no completion of the takeover soon we will be stuck with the sick, lame, lazy and kids turning out at Sunderland. Could be an embarrassment of epic proportions in front of the Sky cameras. Luckily only 13 people and a dog will bother to watch it on tv.

Don't think so. We'll take decent numbers, unless we've sold more decent players and not got in any better replacements, which is of course possible/probable.
  • Davo55 said:

If there is no completion of the takeover soon we will be stuck with the sick, lame, lazy and kids turning out at Sunderland. Could be an embarrassment of epic proportions in front of the Sky cameras. Luckily only 13 people and a dog will bother to watch it on tv.

Don't think so. We'll take decent numbers, unless we've sold more decent players and not got in any better replacements, which is of course possible/probable.
    disagree. seems a lot are on holiday in Zante, Majorca, Devon and the early kick off time will put a lot off. Even if we make some decent signings I can't see more than about 800. Hope I'm proved wrong though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    this will be a handful of away games ill be doing purely for the piss up we are not gonna get anyone decent through the door imo so just enjoy of it what you can.

looking at the fixture list ill likely do

sunderland
    luton
    pompey
    wycombe
    oxford
    afc wimbledon - providing its on the saturday
  • edited June 2018

Davo55 said:

disagree. seems a lot are on holiday in Zante, Majorca, Devon and the early kick off time will put a lot off. Even if we make some decent signings I can't see more than about 800. Hope I'm proved wrong though.
    Decent for us :wink:

I think you're forgetting the thousands that were boycotting the homes and doing the aways instead :wink:
  • Sunderland's new owners have sorted themselves out a peachy start to the season. Basket case visitors on the first day, followed by newly promoted as their first away game. 6 points in the bag by 5pm 11 August. We'll be doing well to have that many by 11 October.
  • ross1 said:
    not me unfortunately .. Bent is available after his Derby release ((:>) .. let's hope that the Sunny defence is as slow and ponderous as on that day
  • yep was there that day
  • First ground I ever encountered that was no smoking. I was oblivious to the rule and happily puffing away when I was grabbed and frog marched out of the ground as if I'd launched a hand grenade in to the mackems!! A very understanding copper outside got me back in.

Looking forward to this, an overnight stop in Jesmond and a night in the big market :)

Nice to see you back on mate.

Will you be at Accrington?
  • Davo55 said:

The coach leaves Larkfield at 4am
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

The coach leaves Larkfield at 4am
    Seems a bit late ? :smile:

Nice to see you back on mate.

Will you be at Accrington?
    depends .. there are a few 'doables' in the first few weeks .. Fleetwood aka Bartonwood, Stan the Manley and the home games v Posh and the Shrews .. get Sunderland out the way first and see how we start
  • ross1 said:
    I was at that Charlton 3 Grimsby 1 at Upton Park! Alex Dyer got the 3rd and wheeled away arms out right in front of me! One of my favourite moments watching CAFC that!
  • I'm up for going, no sure at the moment how to get there or where to stay. It would be great to catch up with fellow lifers. Fond memories of my last visit to Sunderland when we were gifted 3 own goals.
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Very often relegated teams initially struggle with their demoted status(blackburn took a few games to settle)so this is as good a time as any to get what would probably be our hardest fixture out of the way.
  • have booked a basic hotel near newcastle station £37 for the night, am looking at getting the 7.30am out of kings cross and 11.29am back on the sunday, have looked for groupsave but cannot get it any cheaper than £111.00 currently.

Quoted £67 for the return train fare going up around midday Friday, returning Saturday. It’s a 12:30 kickoff isn’t it?

Sunderland have already sold 20,000 season tickets.

They let Jimmy Seed go after WW1 because he’d been gassed. Came back to bite them in the ar$e.
  • A weekend in Newcastle awaits. Never been there, so looking forward to it.

It's a shame for the media that Sunderland's first game in L1 is home against another fallen "big" club, as the headline writers were waiting for the Sunderland players to make their L1 debut at Accrington or AFC Wimbledon
  • I don’t know if this helps but I met some Sunderland supporters at the Sussex v Durham cricket match today. They told me that with Grand Central Rail you can get a day return direct that gets you there in time for the game for £70.
  • I don’t know if this helps but I met some Sunderland supporters at the Sussex v Durham cricket match today. They told me that with Grand Central Rail you can get a day return direct that gets you there in time for the game for £70.

Supporting Sunderland and Durham must be pretty grim, considering the disastrous last couple of years for both clubs.