Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: Where will we finish this season?

edited August 2018 in General Charlton
Right the season is nearly upon us, the takeover is nearly, well the takeover is the takeover. It’s time to put aside Brexit, Trump, Bonded Resin Driveways and cast your predictions on where we’ll finish this season. Not a great summer in terms of acquisitions given the takeover situation, with only Taylor and Pratley confirmed so far. We do however have Bowyer and Jacko at the helm who I am fully behind and want them both to do very well.

Where do you think we will finish this season? Over to you

PS @oohaahmortimer get those percentages out

POLL: Where will we finish this season? 406 votes

Champions
2%
letthegoodtimesrollsmudge7946masicatbertpalmerCafcspudRed7OakAddickFC81paulie8290JamesSeed 9 votes
Runners up
4%
SouthendaddicksuzisausagehenrythecatHenry IrvingSolidgoneHarryAMuse1989cafcRedroboIndianaaddickSagealan_doreenCAFCDAZFiveGoalSummersGammonCafcdogJnrthickandthin63MalMoo 18 votes
Play off winners
3%
jac52Covered EndstonemusevalleyaddickkimboPhantom_UserGlassHalfFullSid James Fan ClubLincsaddickSCT1980tonybAddickEssexcharltonman2016RobertsComingHome 14 votes
Play offs
10%
AFKABartramElthamaddickCharltonparklaneAppyAddickEssex_Al3blokesroseandcrowneddieaddickShrewtheeenorthRichard Jkings hill addickImnot Athleticc4fcdenmarkStarinnaddicktom_kSE7_georgehappyvalleyEastStandNumbers 43 votes
7th - 12th
33%
kigelia1905LargeAddickcfgsTAddicktedCafcWestaddick1965The Prince-e-PauloohaahmortimerChris_from_Sidcupshirty5TELsoapy_jonesholyjoNugCHGleftbehindVinnie V.ShootersHillGuru 136 votes
13th - 20th
39%
LoOkOuTOakster_MrDickmascot88JWADDICKlancashire ladCurb_ItellisaddickVincenzocharltonkestonLouisMendPaddy PowellgolfaddickWeegie AddickAlex WrightJVLStu_of_KunmingHarryLimeMr. HappyBangkokaddick 160 votes
Relegation
6%
GoonerhaterCarterLeroy AmbroseStigExiled_AddickCardinal SinIdleHansgilbertfilbertLurkerpaulsturgessChizzTom_HoviAddickjohnBrighton Addickaitchyaddickcafcrocky87clb74StigThundercockChippycafcred10 26 votes

Comments

• Play off winners
    I'll wait until the loan window has closed before deciding.
  • 7th - 12th
    Lols
  • 13th - 20th
    Can’t see us achieving anything with the squad we have. Assuming we’re about to sign the 7 or 8 players we’d need to compete over a 46 match season is delusional.
  • 13th - 20th
    Long hard season of struggle.
  • 13th - 20th
    No depth to the squad. Injury prone players. A rookie manager. Absentee owner. As it is I think we will just about survive relegation. But not by much.
  • Play off winners
    Well I was about to put 14th then changed my mind and voted playoff winners.

No justification, no rationale, nothing to support it ... just a feeling.

If I’m wrong, no surprise.

If I’m right, bloody brilliant.
  • edited July 2018
    7th - 12th
    Close knit squad and a siege mentality will see us win as many as we lose. With a couple more signings and injuries clearing up, a halfway finish should be achievable. Takeover before the January transfer window and the world is our lobster :wink: COYRs
  • Play off winners
    stonemuse said:

Well I was about to put 14th then changed my mind and voted playoff winners.

No justification, no rationale, nothing to support it ... just a feeling.

If I’m wrong, no surprise.

If I’m right, bloody brilliant.

I did exactly the same
  • Sponsored links:

• 7th - 12th
    7th - 12th for me. I’m a consolidationist
  • 7th - 12th
    11th
  • 13th - 20th
    With the players (or lack of) at our disposal we are a million miles from promotion standard. It’s as simple as that.

Hopefully one or two of the youngsters step up and turn into first team regulars.... ahead of being sold next summer
  • Play off winners

Vote among When Saturday Comes magazine League 1 club fans (one per club) have us finishing 2nd behind Sunderland.

Interesting that Shrewsbury fans think they were a one season wonder. Have they lost a bunch of players or something this summer or are they all still crying after the play off final?
  • Champions
    jac52 said:

Vote among When Saturday Comes magazine League 1 club fans (one per club) have us finishing 2nd behind Sunderland.

Interesting that Shrewsbury fans think they were a one season wonder. Have they lost a bunch of players or something this summer or are they all still crying after the play off final?
    It was 1 fan per club, so its other fans who think shrewsbury were 1 season wonders
  • Mid table
  • 7th - 12th
    Cant see anything better than 7th-12th im afraid,would so love to be wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Play off winners

jac52 said:

It was 1 fan per club, so its other fans who think shrewsbury were 1 season wonders
    OK cheers.that makes a bit more sense then.
  • Play off winners
    jac52 said:

Yes, they've lost many of their players.
  • 7th - 12th
    7th to 12th, we are weaker than last season. Think it's going to be a dull season no real chance of either promotion or relegation
  • Relegation
    Dogshit owner = dogshit season
  • Runners up
    I think it’s very easy to predict failure and possibly fair enough in terms of strength of depth
    However from what I’ve seen we have a team,11-15 players , who are very very capable of being in the mix in this shit league
    If we can add 2-3 players I have every faith in bowyer to deliver the goods, sorry if that’s a bit positive but that’s the way I see it
    Roland is an arsehole but whatever happens get behind the manager and team, we are massive in this shit league and I’m not sure I can survive another year of going to Southend
  • 13th - 20th
    Not quite relegation but not far from it .
  • 7th - 12th
    Thin squad, will be worse than last year. Mid table and complete obscurity beckons. We are the Rochdale /Oldham of the South.
  • edited July 2018
    13th - 20th
    Won't be in any danger of being relegated while Bauer, Pearce, Solly, JFC, Aribo and Taylor are the core of our side. League One always throws up one or two absolutely god awful sides that you'd have to be proper pants to finish below.

At the same time, we don't have enough strength in the squad to challenge for the play offs.

I have us in the 10th to 15th range but since that's not an option, 13th to 20th will do.
  • edited July 2018
    7th - 12th
    I went for 7th to 12th. To be fair though I expect it to be 11th or 12th, not 7th. Paper thin squad, but LB and JJ are good motivators, so expect us to be better than bottom half, but only just with what we have.

Hope the youngsters step up, though Roland will just sell them in January assuming the scrote is still screwing us over.