Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread: Charlton v Fleetwood | Sat 25 August 2018

Team news will be in soon .....

Comments

• Unchanged, I think.

Pearce & Igor on the bench
  • Marshall back in
  • Wrong, Marshall starts.

Can't seem to copy the lineup.

• Can anyone copy the lineup from https://twitter.com/cafcofficial

• Cheers, Callum!
  • Strongest bench so far this season.

Steer, Dijksteel, Pearce, Lapslie, Morgan, Ajose, Vetokele
  • Strongest bench so far this season.

Steer, Dijksteel, Pearce, Lapslie, Morgan, Ajose, Vetokele

Indeed, there's 7 of them. And not even a double barrelled name needed to make it look like a full bench.

• Sponsored links:

• Yep, with Marshall - means not needing to use Solly as a wingback
  • Seems quite a versatile lineup. Solly can play RWB, or drop back to part of a 3 man defence with Marshall at RWB and Bielik as CDM. Or even as a back 4 with Page dropping back to LB.

Surprised Ajose not featuring from the start after the rave reviews he got as sub against P'boro
  • Might be a diamond, perhaps?

• edited August 2018
    Yeah Aribo could be playing on the left and Marshall on the right as part of a flat 4-4-2 with Pratley and Bielik in the middle.

If it’s a diamond, Bielik holding and Aribo in the no.10 role...
  • If that is the case, I'd have rather played Lapslie in midfield and Bielik at the back . I think it might be 3-4-3

DP

PB, KB, NS

CS, DP, JA, LP

MM, LT, KAG
  • edited August 2018

Yeah Aribo could be playing on the left and Marshall on the right as part of a 4-4-2 with Pratley and Bielik in the middle.

Diamond midfield could be Bielik sitting, Marshall and Pratley narrow, Aribo at the tip - where he could do some damage?
    Still wing space for our overlapping fullbacks (and theirs! lol)

Just a thought.
  • A lot happier with that bench, and not a double barrelled name among them
  • edited August 2018
    I’d be surprised if Marshall is played that far forward... Bowyer doesn’t seem interested in giving him any sort of attacking role in the team.
  • Oggy Red said:

Yeah Aribo could be playing on the left and Marshall on the right as part of a 4-4-2 with Pratley and Bielik in the middle.

Diamond midfield could be Bielik sitting, Marshall and Pratley narrow, Aribo at the tip - where he could do some damage?
    Still wing space for our overlapping fullbacks (and theirs! lol)

Just a thought.
    Could be the way it goes but the thought of Solly handling that all by himself doesn’t fill me with confidence like it used to!
  • I’d be surprised if Marshall is played that far forward... Bowyer doesn’t seem interested in giving him any sort of attacking role in the team.

Given a little space to move into and momentum, Msarshall is still effective taking his man on and driving forward.
    It's only his crossing which has been suspect.

Plus he works very hard for the team effort.
    And protects Solly.

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Might be a diamond, perhaps?

Lord Bowyer is a diamond geezer.
  • Can see it being

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Sarr
    Marshall Pratley Bielik Page
    Aribo
    Taylor Grant
  • Sage said:

Can see it being

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Sarr
    Marshall Pratley Bielik Page
    Aribo
    Taylor Grant
    I like that.

Cover for Solly, Bielik can drop back into defence if needed, Page is probably the best crosser of the ball in the side (get him on corner duties!), and Joe can work wonders behind the front two.

Prediction: Charlton to dish out a 1-0 thrashing.

Lord Bowyer's Red & White Army!
  • It’s also nice to see the bench looking stronger as well. Give it a week or two and we will have a decent looking team. As always though, it is the depth that is problem.
  • Dillon Phillips keeps his place in goal and it is likely Bowyer will stick with a 3-5-2 formation. Chris Solly, Patrick Bauer and Naby Sarr are expected to start in defence with Mark Marshall and Lewis Page as wing backs. Krystian Bielik could potentially step into midfield and will likely play alongside Darren Pratley and Joe Aribo. The front two of Karlan Grant and Lyle Taylor have two goals each this season and will be looking to add to that tally today.

With the versatility of the players, it is possible that Bowyer could look to play 4-4-2 or a diamond formation.
  • @Henry Irving breaking up supporter squabbles outside.

First game for me and my boy since the opening game last season.

Empty.

Charlton till I die

I fear the club may die before I do.....
  • edited August 2018
    Trying to post a video of the protest but it won’t load. This will have to do.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!