Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club cutback on wheelchair spaces at cup games

Saw this on Facebook, couldn’t see it on here.

Comments

• edited August 2018
    How much would it cost the alternative solution?
  • As mentioned above, CADSA are planning to pay for an alternate solution ... any support wold be much appreciated.
  • My daughter who is a wheelchair user would be affected by this but given the club's attitude here and towards cup matches I think she'll just not bother.
  • edited August 2018

My daughter who is a wheelchair user would be affected by this but given the club's attitude here and towards cup matches I think she'll just not bother.

Don't let the bastard win mate.
  • I'm sure decisions like this will help Roland claw back his £1m p/m deficit...
  • edited August 2018
    Correct me if I'm wrong, are the covered parts for the wheelchair users in the north east and north west quadrant? If the answer is yes, were they in use last season for the home cup games?

The covered end was closed for those games?
  • this is disgusting, is it actual allowed though is this not discrimination?
  • Sponsored links:

• Pure speculation here but it seems unlikely that Duchatelet was personally involved in this despicable cost-saving measure (although he is of course ultimately responsible) and more likely that he gave a general target to be achieved month on month to drive costs down?

If so then someone at the Club is actually enacting this directive with the training ground cuts to youth team provisions, the reduction in cleaning staff and now this. No doubt there is more which has yet to filter out.

So perhaps one person at least at the Club is still on track for a bonus and will do whatever it takes to attempt to hit the saving figure which RD has decided to pull out of the hat?
  • Pure speculation here but it seems unlikely that Duchatelet was personally involved in this despicable cost-saving measure (although he is of course ultimately responsible) and more likely that he gave a general target to be achieved month on month to drive costs down?

If so then someone at the Club is actually enacting this directive with the training ground cuts to youth team provisions, the reduction in cleaning staff and now this. No doubt there is more which has yet to filter out.

So perhaps one person at least at the Club is still on track for a bonus and will do whatever it takes to attempt to hit the saving figure which RD has decided to pull out of the hat?

Still amazed the Upper West has not been closed yet, if they are going down the route of saving money.
  • shirty5 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, are the covered parts for the wheelchair users in the north east and north west quadrant? If the answer is yes, were they in use last season for the home cup games?

The only wheelchair bays that the club are making available for any of our home Cup matches this season are at the front of the West Stand, which are un-covered.
  • stonemuse said:

shirty5 said:

The only wheelchair bays that the club are making available for any of our home Cup matches this season are at the front of the West Stand, which are un-covered.
    Yes I read that. I'm on about last season.
  • shirty5 said:

stonemuse said:

shirty5 said:

The club opened the North West wheelchair balcony for the home cup matches played in November last season.

• stonemuse said:

shirty5 said:

stonemuse said:

shirty5 said:

The club opened the North West wheelchair balcony for the home cup matches played in November last season.

Thank you
  • So the club close a disabled section and as a means of fundraising you hold the event in the clubs pub?
  • So the club close a disabled section and as a means of fundraising you hold the event in the clubs pub?

Getting a venue with limited funds is difficult. They have little choice.
  • Did this come up in the Fans Forum last week guys?
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

So the club close a disabled section and as a means of fundraising you hold the event in the clubs pub?

are the Club charging for the use of Bartrams?

• Fucking hell, stay classy Charlton

Our abysmal cup record at least dictates this will have minimal impact on those affected
  • stonemuse said:

So the club close a disabled section and as a means of fundraising you hold the event in the clubs pub?

I don’t have those details but it will certainly not be the cost of an external venue.
  • stonemuse said:

It's a fair point. When the club held the prostate cancer quiz evening at the Marriott, they got that free of charge.
  • Obviously the club anticipates that our home cup tie with Oxford/Huddersfield will not bring the crowds flooding in. They are already planning a lower west , lower north and Jimmy Seed only cup game. Looks like the sat nav will be being loaded with leauge 2 grounds for next year, the positive vibe emanating from the club is nil.
  • Did this come up in the Fans Forum last week guys?

No wasn't mentioned and no CADSA rep (nor question raised from what I know).
  • Get it out in the media.

Every despicable move RD makes cutting costs must be highlighted and used against him such as the great job the B20 have done in there leaflet job.
  • What is the alternate solution referred to out of interest?
  • What is the alternate solution referred to out of interest?

CADSA are planning to pay for a few covered wheelchair spaces provided they can raise sufficient funding.