Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

An evening with Gavin Peacock (and Paul Elliot)

Anyone got a spare £100?

Comments

• I think this is the way forward for Bromley Addicks.

Good luck to them, hope they raise a lot of money.
  • Er, no thanks.
  • Blimey! But do they do vegan?
  • £100!

Chapter One is, or was, a Michelin star restaurant.

Peanuts Malloy and me used to eat there all the time.
  • £100!

...was.
  • £100!

Great restaurant, I go there regularly but not paying 100 quid for this.
  • Had to pay Gavin's airfare somehow............
  • I would need a takeaway before I get home because I suspect the portions will be on the small side.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018

I like Gavin Peacock - apart from some of the nutty religious stuff - but I am not sure he quite qualifies as a 'football legend' if you are being completely honest.

Not even in his own family. I suspect the legend Keith might be there, that’s probably about it.
  • Thought they'd show him in a Chelsea kit. He played for us twice before getting injured didn't he?
  • Strange combination GP & PE.....not exactly Saint & Greavsey is it!
  • Will they say grace before the meal I wonder?
  • Well, Paul Elliot is local so can only assume Gavin's family are too?

Or he loves the Vol-au-vents at Chapter One enough to fly from Canada.
  • McBobbin said:

Thought they'd show him in a Chelsea kit. He played for us twice before getting injured didn't he?

Or a Newcastle or QPR kit which were his other main clubs...
  • £100!

How long has Chapter 2 been closed (Blackheath)?
  • I’m thinking that this event has a very good chance of being cancelled.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would need a takeaway before I get home because I suspect the portions will be on the small side.

Yep. It's a big plate, not much food type of place. But usually nice swirls of jus, where the food should be :smile:
  • £100!

How long has Chapter 2 been closed (Blackheath)?
    Quite a few months, taken over by the Ivy
  • Im my opinion Peacock trying to raise a crowd on his Dads reputation. I suspect they think local Charlton supporters of a certain age will go along. I think they will be wrong. Glad the flyer has been produced in grey, because it looks to me like a dull and boring evening. Just to ensure it’s a real boring evening, a local boring estate agent is also involved. I suspect they will be able to hold this event at a corner table near the bar.
  • masicat said:

Im my opinion Peacock trying to raise a crowd on his Dads reputation. I suspect they think local Charlton supporters of a certain age will go along. I think they will be wrong. Glad the flyer has been produced in grey, because it looks to me like a dull and boring evening. Just to ensure it’s a real boring evening, a local boring estate agent is also involved. I suspect they will be able to hold this event at a corner table near the bar.

What a lovely, positive way to see a fundraising event.
    Think he has a point though Henry. For a start Gavin Peacock is NOT a football legend. Unlike his dad he’s not even a Charlton legend.

Can’t see this flying to be honest.

• I thought I was f@cking miserable.
    It's a fundraising event, does anyone now if a percentage of the £100 is going to the charity.
    Does it matter his not a legend, i suppose they could of put played for Newcastle QPR and Chelsea and was an average goalscorer.
  • masicat said:

Im my opinion Peacock trying to raise a crowd on his Dads reputation. I suspect they think local Charlton supporters of a certain age will go along. I think they will be wrong. Glad the flyer has been produced in grey, because it looks to me like a dull and boring evening. Just to ensure it’s a real boring evening, a local boring estate agent is also involved. I suspect they will be able to hold this event at a corner table near the bar.

What a lovely, positive way to see a fundraising event.
    Think he has a point though Henry. For a start Gavin Peacock is NOT a football legend. Unlike his dad he’s not even a Charlton legend.

Can’t see this flying to be honest.

Maybe not. I won't be tempted to go but all the nonsense about the colour of the leaflet and the sponsor FFS
  • I of course hope it raises oodles of money for the charity and whatever it raises I am sure will be welcome.