Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jamie Ward Signs Loan till Jan 2019

Comments

• shirty5 said:

If you shop in Lidl's always best to keep looking for the odd bargain

Snob.
  • Welcome J Ward.
  • Injured or out of favour though?

Don’t know. He started 2 games (and was subbed), come on as a sub in 10, was an unused sub in 9
  • Cracking signing.
  • edited August 2018

If the stats I’m seeing are right, he played just 218 minutes club football for the whole of last season.

Will fit right in!
  • Yes I win in your face
    @Callumcafc and @ForeverAddickted

Haha :wink::wink:

You won the battle but I will win the war.
  • Ffs.
    Welcome to Charlton mate and I hope that you enjoy your time here.
  • Very pleased. Don't care about old legs. If
    his heart is in the game he'll be a good addition to our team and will get game time for sure of fit. JJ might not have run down the wing much in the later years but his passion is why we love him. Welcome to the skylark Jamie lad.
  • Only a 5 month loan. I wonder if there's the possibility of signing him permanently in January? At 32, and with his recent history, it's not as if many Championship clubs will be after him now
  • Not sure what he brings to the table. Fails the height test. If Igor plays upfront we soon have Marshall, Fosu, Grant, Reeves and soon Clarke who are similar plus we have used wingbacks in half our matches. What we lack still is a lump upfront to counter L1 CB bullies.

Bowyer/Gallen have said he’s energetic. He has has plenty of Champ experience unlike lost of our squad. Suspect he’s more natural out wide than Reeves or Clarke, while Grant is proving he’s a striker rather than a winger. With Fosu and Marshall that’s not that many options for out wide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Forest fan at work reckons he'll do a job in league one
  • Scoham said:

Not sure what he brings to the table. Fails the height test. If Igor plays upfront we soon have Marshall, Fosu, Grant, Reeves and soon Clarke who are similar plus we have used wingbacks in half our matches. What we lack still is a lump upfront to counter L1 CB bullies.

Bowyer/Gallen have said he’s energetic. He has has plenty of Champ experience unlike lost of our squad. Suspect he’s more natural out wide than Reeves or Clarke, while Grant is proving he’s a striker rather than a winger. With Fosu and Marshall that’s not that many options for out wide.
    Marshall not exactly making himself an option either, with the way he's been playing.
  • Obligatory YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/BGrFHScc1-s
  • Good signing even if only until January.
    It might mean youngsters are not over exposed and burnt out.
  • Not sure what he brings to the table. Fails the height test. If Igor plays upfront we soon have Marshall, Fosu, Grant, Reeves and soon Clarke who are similar plus we have used wingbacks in half our matches. What we lack still is a lump upfront to counter L1 CB bullies.

we need someone to take corners, free kicks and can cross a ball on the run. At the moment our delivery is very poor.
  • Genuinely two footed. Very impressive video.

Looking forward to seeing him play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Not sure what he brings to the table. Fails the height test.

You know 'the height test' is a running gag, yes?
    I think you'll find I started it, though not in jest.
  • Scoham said:

Obligatory YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/BGrFHScc1-s

Watching that, it makes you think he could have the same impact as Yann Kermorgant did for Powell. Different type of player, granted, but similar to Yann in that he is far more skilful than league one level.
  • the two signings were better than i was expecting
  • One of the more authentic best bits videos.
  • the two signings were better than i was expecting

Will they drag you up from deepest Kent tho - hope so
  • seth plum said:

Good signing even if only until January.
    It might mean youngsters are not over exposed and burnt out.

Exactly this. Otherwise too much will be expected too soon from the likes of Lapslie and Morgan

Look at Aribo and Konsa, pretty much first team regulars from the start of last season

I’m also mindful that given the situation surrounding the fact that we aren’t a well run club makes it doubly hard for these youngsters. For the record when I say club, I exclude the team and management. I couldn’t be happier that these youngsters have the guiding hand of Bow and JJ

• edited August 2018

Only a 5 month loan. I wonder if there's the possibility of signing him permanently in January? At 32, and with his recent history, it's not as if many Championship clubs will be after him now

RD is no idiot, he realised the vast bulk of our 1st team have contracts expiring in 12 months time and to mitigate the risk is looking to space them out a little, hence 5 months...

Welcome Jamie, sounds decent, heart, commitment, personality, experience and a little skill... all excellent qualities... excited by this signing.
  • WE read that it's a loan only until January.

If the team are flying high in the table, does the panel think that if there was budget and the player performs well, there could be an option to extend the loan until end of season - or indeed sign the player permanently?