Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Copa Libertadores final

Tomorrow night is the first leg of this year's final, with Boca Juniors v River Plate, Argentina's 'superclasico' in the final of South America's equivalent of the Champions League for the first time. Think it's eight pm UK time - anyone watching it? I'm going to try to catch it. Lots of interest about it in Spain, though don't know if there is much in the UK, and it's one of world football's most intense rivalries: could be very interesting and maybe worth catching a bit just to see the atmosphere at least. That's one game I would love to see live.

Comments

• Options
    What channel is it on? Might do, could be interesting
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Cool - trying to have a quiet Saturday night because of the early start for Mansfield so this is good news.

Agree, would love to see it live - Boca Juniors stadium is on my bucket list.

That being said, whenever I’ve tried to watch South American club football (Brazilian games/highlights seem to be on Sky every now and then) it’s generally terrible.
  • Options
    Carlos Tevez at Boca these days. Don't recognise any other players for either team but guess some might end up in Europe if they do well in the Argentine league.
  • Options
    South American football's penalties per game stats must be ridiculous
  • Options
    This is going to be good.

Thanks for the Freesports tip, Steve. Didn't realise they had the copa. Didn't realise I had Freesports.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Thanks for the Freesports tip, Steve. Didn't realise they had the copa. Didn't realise I had Freesports.

They do have some random stuff on freesports, i often watch the live pool they have done but just finished. They had like a champions cup then just done a premier league on there. Keep an eye out for it :)
  • Options
    Hard to work out what the bigger live game is this weekend. Boca v River.........or Haringey v Wimbledon tonight.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Vincenzo said:

They have the Portuguese league (usually 2 games a week) too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is Freesports available through Sky ?
  • Options

is Freesports available through Sky ?

Yes 422
  • Options
    on at 11pm? might catch it after watching boxing.
  • Options

on at 11pm? might catch it after watching boxing.

Think its an 8pm kickoff
  • Options
    BT have picked this up now too
  • Options
    @stackitsteve didnt pay attention saw it was 20.00 but assumed that was local time, ill be out for the bellew fight so doubt ill watch
  • Options
    edited November 2018

@stackitsteve didnt pay attention saw it was 20.00 but assumed that was local time, ill be out for the bellew fight so doubt ill watch

I’ll be watching the boxing too.
    This final is two legs for the final time, so can watch the 2nd leg in a fortnight
    Also on Freesports.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Some great pictures here:

Boca Juniors v River Plate: Argentina's Superclasico in pictures - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46131522

Looking forward to seeing this tonight and seeing a game between them live would be absolute football bucket list stuff.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Cool - trying to have a quiet Saturday night because of the early start for Mansfield so this is good news.

Agree, would love to see it live - Boca Juniors stadium is on my bucket list.

That being said, whenever I’ve tried to watch South American club football (Brazilian games/highlights seem to be on Sky every now and then) it’s generally terrible.

I was in Buenos Aires last December and went on a tour of Boca, a fantastic ground that must be jumping when full.

For years away fans have been banned for all BA derbies. I'm not sure why....
  • Options
    Last time the teams met in the Libertadores, in the last 16 in 2015, the second leg had to be abandoned after pepper spray was released in the tunnel at la Bombonera, causing severe problems for River and left several of their players hospitalised. River were subsequently awarded the game.

When they met in the Libertadores before that (2004), 7 players and staff were sent off across the 2 legs!

Tonight should be fun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Going to watch it in a Boca Juniors supporters club in Madrid later. Quite a lot of Argentinians here and should hopefully be the next best thing to being in La Bombonera tonight!
  • Options
    Going to watch it with my Argentinian neighbour (River Plate) and my Glaswegian neighbour (Boca). Should be lively.
  • Options
    Postponed due to rain
  • Options
    CHG said:

Postponed due to rain

Typical! Missus is out tonight so was all set up to watch this.

• Options
    That's a real a real shame - was all set for it tonight!
  • Options
    Rescheduled for tomorrow [Sunday] at 19.00,live on BT Sport.
  • Options
    Groundsman has got a fair old job on to even get that pitch ready for tomorrow night
  • Options
    Tonights game given the go ahead.