Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Jints said:

I had the good fortune of my missus agreeing to watch The Wire on NYE as there was shit all else on. She's completely hooked and now knows why I've been telling her for years it's the best thing on TV

You lucky, lucky man, still can't persuade my wife to give it a try. "You've seen it before, what's the point" surely the fact I've seen it at least 5 times should be a positive!!
    Part way through my third run through and just about to start season 4, which is my favourite.

Just as good this time round.

It almost gets better everytime, you notice new little things that go on each time.

Best TV show ever made.
  • Options

Jints said:

I had the good fortune of my missus agreeing to watch The Wire on NYE as there was shit all else on. She's completely hooked and now knows why I've been telling her for years it's the best thing on TV

You lucky, lucky man, still can't persuade my wife to give it a try. "You've seen it before, what's the point" surely the fact I've seen it at least 5 times should be a positive!!
    Part way through my third run through and just about to start season 4, which is my favourite.

It almost gets better everytime, you notice new little things that go on each time.

Best TV show ever made.
    They haven't made the best show yet, it's about when Roland finally leaves. #Rolandout.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Anyone watching YOU on Netflix?

Kind of a black comedy about an obsessed boyfriend / stalker. Not bad.

2 episodes to go, really enjoying it
    You is pretty good, a bit glossy and teenagery with some pretty big plot holes but entertaining nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Riviera said:

Thought Manhunt was excellent. Martin Clunes is a mighty fine actor. There was some artistic licence as characters and events were invented for dramatic effect, we were told this. However the biggest thing from this was that although dear old DCI Sutton was an old school detective who relied on methodical police work, taking the long and laborious route to collect evidence we all know that 99% of all serious crimes are solved through information received.
    A great TV drama nonetheless.

Yeah I thought Clunes was excellent in it. A good watch and got me reading up about Micheal Stone, who although isn’t a nice fella, isn’t guilty for the crimes he’s being punished for imo and it wouldn’t surprise me if Bellfield did those as wel.
  • Options

Jints said:

Best TV show ever made.
    They haven't made the best show yet, it's about when Roland finally leaves. #Rolandout.
    I've never been a fan of fantasy.
  • Options
    still struggle to not visualize him dancing around a flat with Neil Morrissey and a can of Stella though ;)
  • Options

Jints said:

Best TV show ever made.
    Snoop buying a nailgun in the hardware store, opening scene of season 4. Absolutely priceless.

• Options
    Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix.

My brother and his other half raved about her book for years, I get it now. Great watch and revoluionsary imo.
  • Options
    Its only new to me but...Just started watching This Country (bbc 3) absolutely brilliant comedy. The Bafta they won for it is wholeheartedly deserved
  • Options

Not a new series, but has anyone watched 11.22.63 starring James Franco?

Just started it, as I really enjoyed the Stephen King book. Only watched the first 2 episodes but enjoyed it and seems a decent representation of the book so far.

yes enjoyed it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

still struggle to not visualize him dancing around a flat with Neil Morrissey and a can of Stella though ;)

And saying....."kylieeeee"
  • Options
    New Sheridan Smith drama on ITV tonight anyone ?? I like her but plot a bit unbelievable. And what exactly is an "insider dealer " ?? There are market traders & dealers, then there is "insider deal -ING"
  • Options
    she's a good actress, very unbelievable plot line - whilst last night was a bit of a slow burner, it's got potential I reckon so I'll persevere
  • Options
    I didn’t watch it (but probably will).......did it crowbar sections in that supposedly tell the viewer what they are talking about re the trading?

That awful Nick Leeson film with McGregor in it did that and it drove me mad.....

Leeson to junior office worker - ‘what is today’s margin call?’

Junior - ‘what’s a margin call?’

Leeson - ‘well, a margin call is.......’

• Options
    Anyone else currently enjoying the new series of Silent Witness , with the lovely Emilia Fox ?
  • Options

Anyone else currently enjoying the new series of Silent Witness , with the lovely Emilia Fox ?

got that on Sky+ to watch, always liked that programme
  • Options

It was ok. I’m a fan of the show generally but I think it’s gettinng a bit tired.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

yeah, Manhunt is ok.

Not holding out much hope for the Sheridan Smith one - the highlights and the premise look crap to me.

As suspected - what a pile of toss.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Riviera said:

Thought Manhunt was excellent. Martin Clunes is a mighty fine actor. There was some artistic licence as characters and events were invented for dramatic effect, we were told this. However the biggest thing from this was that although dear old DCI Sutton was an old school detective who relied on methodical police work, taking the long and laborious route to collect evidence we all know that 99% of all serious crimes are solved through information received.
    A great TV drama nonetheless.

Yeah I thought Clunes was excellent in it. A good watch and got me reading up about Micheal Stone, who although isn’t a nice fella, isn’t guilty for the crimes he’s being punished for imo and it wouldn’t surprise me if Bellfield did those as wel.
    I met Bellfield when he was a teenage bodybuilder, a nasty piece of work even then. What the program didn't address was that he was borderline special needs and while hitting blondes from behind with a hammer was his MO, the Milly Dowler kidnapping (and subsequent murder) in broad daylight needed an accomplice and more intellect than he possessed. When I knew him, he had an older mate called Ricky who he hung round with and looked up to. Gutted the police never pinned him down, although I believe he was questioned.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

yeah, Manhunt is ok.

Not holding out much hope for the Sheridan Smith one - the highlights and the premise look crap to me.

Told my missus last week the I reckon Manhunt will be good and the Sheridan Smith one will be cack.
    Not seen the latter yet but thought Manhunt was really good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finished series 2 of Occupied last night. Really enjoyed it. For those who don't know it, its a Jo Nesbo concept which imagines a "soft invasion" of Norway by the Russians. In one sense it's a yarn, but underpinning it isa very real message from Norway about how it sees itself and its place on the world stage. Putin hates it apparently, which is an excellent reason to enjoy.
  • Options
    Started watching Luther as every fucker was talking about it. First series was great, second series not great, third series I'm bored. Shall I bother continuing to watch it?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

yeah, Manhunt is ok.

Told my missus last week the I reckon Manhunt will be good and the Sheridan Smith one will be cack.
    Not seen the latter yet but thought Manhunt was really good.
    Only another 5 weeks to get through.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

yeah, Manhunt is ok.

Weird to have such an unlikeable lead in that type of story too.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

yeah, Manhunt is ok.

Weird to have such an unlikeable lead in that type of story too.
    I like her in that tight low cut tee-shirt...
  • Options
    Urge people to watch Dealt on Netflix. Incredible story of Richard Turner, an amazing man.
  • Options
    did anyone watch the BBC4 Waco David Kuresh documentary? I'm halfway through the 2nd episode. fascinating stuff.
  • Options
    New series of True Detective has started, 1 episode in and it's already better than the second season, feels very much like the first one.
  • Options

New series of True Detective has started, 1 episode in and it's already better than the second season, feels very much like the first one.

Erase series 2 from your mind and tell yourself Sharp Objects was series 2 instead
  • Options

did anyone watch the BBC4 Waco David Kuresh documentary? I'm halfway through the 2nd episode. fascinating stuff.

It was astonishing that, even knowing what went on, they were still quite supportive. Was a really fascinating piece of tv and would recommend it.