Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Nothing is real until it’s officially announced.

I wish I'd said that

You’re clearly not wise enough Henry but don’t be afraid to aspire to such wisdom. Even the most challenged should be encouraged to reach for the stars !
  • Options

So you’re all clinging onto Fanny?

Nothing ever really changes does it?

:wink:

I wish !

:wink:
  • Options
    Sensei said:

I wish I'd said that

You’re clearly not wise enough Henry but don’t be afraid to aspire to such wisdom. Even the most challenged should be encouraged to reach for the stars !

I maybe in the gutter but I can still look to the stars
  • Options

I keep seeing photos of Richard Branson on this page, should I read anything into that?

Yes, we are in a right pickle ;)
  • Options
    My prediction of the 28th February might still come true. A year late...
  • Options
  • Options

Good point. Do we all get another go a year later?
  • Options

Good point. Do we all get another go a year later?
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction#latest
  • Options
    I've gone for 2020 January window if that helps
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My guess...

The price was agreed between RD and the Aussies when Meire was still around. Say £40M.

RD could not believe he had found mugs willing to pay that much.

Aussies thought they had an amazing deal.

Sale contract lodged with FA by Aussies with RD not bothering to read the detail as he trusts Meire.

RD then sees contract and asks Meire ‘why am I paying the Aussies £40M for them to take the club from me?

Meire says that is the best she could agree in her 15 mins of work that day. RD sacks Meire. She goes off to find a bigger loon boss than her last, fortunately for her there are plenty in football.

Aussies keep emailing club to chase up on deal but no one there to respond, they think that is a good sign and turn up for Shrewsbury games thinking it is a done deal.

Keohone meets them, tells them it is them paying RD the £40m, not the other way round. Aussies go home laughing and doing interviews to say they were never involved.

RD goes to the local Nisa supermarket to buy duct tape and starts chatting to the check out man. RD likes him so hires him to run the sale process. LDT appears on scene. RD goes back to taping up his shoes.

Spot on!
  • Options
    What a load of bollocks. Had a great nite in Newcastle watching the match with some really passionate Geordie guys (a bit missed mind :smiley: ). Just sell the club and fuck off!!.
  • Options

What a load of bollocks. Had a great nite in Newcastle watching the match with some really passionate Geordie guys (a bit missed mind :smiley: ). Just sell the club and fuck off!!.

Let’s swap owners! One night Meire to the next.
    I’m scared these Aussies have no money and will be shit owners with the best intentions.
    I’d rather have someone rich who doesn’t give a fu*k who can keep us out of administration until a reasonably minted group or person come along with good plans and are able to stabilise our shit situation
  • Options
    Given up on this thread.

No one know anything. Fact.

Brexit will happen begorecwr get taken over. Proper Brexit. Done deal Brexit. Not just leaving the EU Brexit but proper trade deal, closer union & transition time Brexit.

Dec 2020.
  • Options

Given up on this thread.

No one know anything. Fact.

Brexit will happen begorecwr get taken over. Proper Brexit. Done deal Brexit. Not just leaving the EU Brexit but proper trade deal, closer union & transition time Brexit.

Dec 2020.

Is this the new covfefe ?
  • Options
    It’s happening!

RolandOut!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Solidgone said:

It’s happening!

RolandOut!

For those unaware of the works of Aesop...
    http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/BoyCri.shtml :neutral:
  • Options
    I can't believe there are still people who think we are being "played". The info, as multiple people have said isn't just coming from RD as his lacky. If it is a wind up, it's a bloody good one. The EFL, Jim White, the broker, the aussies, the legal firm. Christ he has gone to a lot of expense and effort to piss a few thousand people off.
  • Options

My guess...

The price was agreed between RD and the Aussies when Meire was still around. Say £40M.

Sale contract lodged with FA by Aussies with RD not bothering to read the detail as he trusts Meire.

RD then sees contract and asks Meire ‘why am I paying the Aussies £40M for them to take the club from me?

Meire says that is the best she could agree in her 15 mins of work that day. RD sacks Meire. She goes off to find a bigger loon boss than her last, fortunately for her there are plenty in football.

Aussies keep emailing club to chase up on deal but no one there to respond, they think that is a good sign and turn up for Shrewsbury games thinking it is a done deal.

Keohone meets them, tells them it is them paying RD the £40m, not the other way round. Aussies go home laughing and doing interviews to say they were never involved.

RD goes to the local Nisa supermarket to buy duct tape and starts chatting to the check out man. RD likes him so hires him to run the sale process. LDT appears on scene. RD goes back to taping up his shoes.

Not that far from the truth as he will have to write off a substantial part of the Straprix debt.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

My guess...

Not that far from the truth as he will have to write off a substantial part of the Straprix debt.
    Yes but not if the £70m rumour that has been circulating is based on getting to the Premier League. He might structure as £25m up front, additional payment if/when we make the Championship and contingent on sell-ons/bonuses for appearances etc. for Lookman (AC Milan are interested), Pope, Konsa, Gomez (worth £30m+), then a final balloon payment when we reach the Premier League (all totalling £70m). Wouldn't surprise me if the deal went something like that. He appears to be desperate to get his investment back (face saving) regardless of how badly he has mis-managed it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I can't believe there are still people who think we are being "played". The info, as multiple people have said isn't just coming from RD as his lacky. If it is a wind up, it's a bloody good one. The EFL, Jim White, the broker, the aussies, the legal firm. Christ he has gone to a lot of expense and effort to piss a few thousand people off.

LDT..."The reporting of Jim White made the British party aware that they might miss out on the deal and that “put them into sixth gear”....

"Played" has as much validity as "done deal" has...How many times has "done deal" passed us by..?

• Options
    “put them into sixth gear” unfortunately without the engine on.
  • Options

CafcSCP said:

Varney said a good few years back that Flamini had agreed terms with Charlton and while we were having the contract put together, he went over to Arsenal and signed for them. Told me that face to face the night before we signed Francis Jeffers and Danny Murphy.

I wish I'd said that

You will pal, you will.
  • Options
    iainment said:

CafcSCP said:

Varney said a good few years back that Flamini had agreed terms with Charlton and while we were having the contract put together, he went over to Arsenal and signed for them. Told me that face to face the night before we signed Francis Jeffers and Danny Murphy.

I wish I'd said that

You will pal, you will.
    Someone, finally, got the reference.
  • Options

iainment said:

CafcSCP said:

I wish I'd said that

You will pal, you will.
    Someone, finally, got the reference.
    Nah, we all got it Henners
  • Options
    "Done Deal" "Done by February", "Next 2 weeks", and the latest being Jim White's "The next 48 hours", yet RD is still here, in "no rush to sell the Club" because he's rich & stubborn enough to sit it out until someone pays for his mistakes...
  • Options
    joeaddick said:

"Done Deal" "Done by February", "Next 2 weeks", and the latest being Jim White's "The next 48 hours", yet RD is still here, in "no rush to sell the Club" because he's rich & stubborn enough to sit it out until someone pays for his mistakes...

Do you think then that Murray, Robinson and Bowyer were all lying about what they’d been told about it happening? Or is Duchatelet lying to them?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!