Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Betting Thread 19/20

Comments

• Yep that's a winner. I'd get onto them if they haven't resettled it yet.
  • Yep that's a winner. I'd get onto them if they haven't resettled it yet.
    Just for info, they aren't paying because a Blackburn player didn't score in the second half. Total scam IMO. 
  • Uboat said:
    Yep that's a winner. I'd get onto them if they haven't resettled it yet.
    Just for info, they aren't paying because a Blackburn player didn't score in the second half. Total scam IMO. 
    Wow I was about to say that as a joke having read the other page , utter filth that .

i know that a mate would always back no goal scorer rather than 0-0 because if there was an og in a 1-0 win it would mean no goal scorer would pay out unlike 0-0 and they were always same price (something along those lines I’m sure ) 
  • Uboat said:
    Seriously poor form
  • Which crookmaker was it with ?
  • Ladbrokes. I used some very unparliamentary language on the livechat, which I now regret. Fortunately, it was for a trivial amount of money. 
  • One of the reasons I closed my Ladbrokes account. Scam artist wankers
  • edited August 2019
    Sorry I know this is long, I may have missed something on this but this is their own rules. I have bolded the btts bit about 3 quarters of the way down.

#GetAPrice Terms & Conditions

05-Mar-2019•Ladbrokes FAQ

#GetAPrice allows you to request a price on any markets by tweeting @Ladbrokes with #GetAPrice and if a #GetAPrice market doesn’t already exist, we will try and create one for you. We will try to price up as many as possible, but there is no guarantee everyone will be priced. Prices subject to fluctuation. #GetAPrice bets cannot be combined with any other bets. The Max Payout that can be won on a #GetAPrice bet is £25,000.

Ladbrokes standard betting rules apply except for

Football Statistical Betting

WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE MY PLAYERS DOES NOT PARTICIPATE?
    In the event that one or more of the players in any bet does not participate, the bet will be voided and your stake will be returned.

WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE OF MY PLAYERS DOES NOT START THE GAME?
    In the event that one or more of the players in any bet does not start, the bet will be voided.

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE GAME IS CANCELLED OR IS POSTPONED AND DOES NOT RESUME ON THE SAME DAY?
    The bet will be voided and your stake returned.

IS EXTRA TIME INCLUDED?  
    Extra time does not count. Unless otherwise stated, bets are settled on the outcome at the end of normal time (90 minutes plus injury time) extra time and penalties do not count. 

FOR OVER/UNDER BETS, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PLAYER’S FINAL SCORE EQUALS THEIR SET LINE?
    The bet is marked as “push” and wager will be refunded to user.

WHERE DOES THE DATA COME FROM?
    All of our Football statistics come from  Opta Sports.

WHAT DECIDES SETTLEMENT RULES?
    Opta Sports will be used as the primary source of data for settlement of #GetAPrice markets. In the event of Opta Sports not being available for result we will endavor to source the results from any other other official data source.

WHEN WILL BETS BE RESULTED?
    We will aim to settle bets within 30 minutes from the conclusion of each match.

WHAT HAPPENS IF A BET LEG WITHIN A #GetAPrice ACCUMULATOR IS VOIDED?
    If any one of the bet legs within a pre-packaged accumulator is voided then the entire bet is voided irrespective of whether the other legs won or lost.

#GetAPrice Market Definitions

Definitions of individual stats are as below,

Goal/Own Goal: Different governing bodies have different rules, and where possible Opta works with the relevant people to reflect their official decisions on goal scorers.

Regarding deflections, normally a goal is awarded if the original attempt is on target. An own goal is usually awarded if the attempt is off target and deflected into the goal by an opponent.

Shot on target: A shot on target is defined as any goal attempt that:

• Goes into the net regardless of intent.

• Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Shots directly hitting the frame of the goal are not counted as shots on target, unless the ball goes in and is awarded as a goal.

Shots blocked by another player, who is not the last-man, are not counted as shots on target

Shot off target: A shot off target is defined as any clear attempt to score that:

• Goes over or wide of the goal without making contact with another player.

• Would have gone over or wide of the goal but for being stopped by a goalkeeper's save or by an outfield player.

• Directly hits the frame of the goal and a goal is not scored.

Blocked shots are not counted as shots off target.

Blocked Shot: A blocked shot is defined as any clear attempt to score that:

• Is going on target and is blocked by an outfield player, where there are other defenders or a goalkeeper behind the blocker.

Includes shots blocked unintentionally by the shooter’s own team mate.

Clearances off the line by an opposition player (last line blocks) are counted as shots on target and do not get counted as a blocked shot.

Location for Goals/Shots: The position of the ball, when the shot is taken (shot origin).

• Inside or outside the 6-yard box

• Inside or outside the 18-yard box

Any event happening on a line, will be considered inside that area. For example, a shot on the 18-yard line will count as being inside the box.

Goal Assist: The final touch (pass, pass-cum-shot or any other touch) leading to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal. If the final touch (as defined in bold) is deflected by an opposition player, the initiator is only given a goal assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection having taken place. Own goals, directly taken free kicks, direct corner goals and penalties do not get an assist awarded.

Pass: Any intentional played ball from one player to another. Passes include open play passes, goal kicks, corners and free kicks played as pass – but exclude keeper throws and throw-ins. Crosses are considered passes when calculating the total passes.

Cross: Any intentional played ball from a wide position intending to reach a team mate in a specific area in front of the goal.

Hit Woodwork: Hit woodwork is given in situations where the ball hits the frame of the goal, except goals that hit the frame before going into the net. Any shot that hits the frame multiple times (e.g. bar and left post) only count as hitting the woodwork once.

Hit woodwork is always collected for the attacking team (and the player, who performed the last action), even when the ball hits the frame coming from a defensive back pass.

Tackle: A tackle is defined as where a player connects with the ball in a ground challenge where he successfully takes the ball away from the player in possession.

The tackled player must clearly be in possession of the ball before the tackle is made.

It is not a tackle, when a player cuts out a pass by any means.

Offside: Awarded to the player deemed to be in an offside position where a free kick is awarded. If two or more players are in an offside position when the pass is played, the player considered to be most active and trying to play the ball is given offside.

Corner (won, lost and taken): When the ball has left the field of play resulting in a corner. A corner won is collected for the team being awarded a corner, and corner lost for the team conceded a corner for the opposition team. A corner taken is added when the player taking the corner has carried out the action, usually a cross or a pass.

Goal Kick: This is awarded to the team/player taking a goal kick.

Throw-In: This is awarded to the team/player taking a throw-in.

Cards: Cards are collected as yellow, 2nd yellow or red card.

Bookings: Bets are settled based on the following:

• Yellow card = 1 booking
    • Red card = 2 bookings
    • Maximum bookings per player = 3 (e.g. 2 yellow cards resulting in a red card)

Bookings Points: Bets are settled by adding the points per card issued within 90 minutes:

• Yellow card = 10 points
    • Red card = 25 points
    • Maximum points per player = 35 points

Both teams to score: A prediction on both teams to score a goal in the match. Own goals do count for this market.

Other Football

All bets are for 90 minutes unless otherwise stated. Extra time and penalties will not count - except when phrases 'To Qualify' & 'Lift The Trophy' are quoted.

Own goals do not count towards any player’s goal tallies (unless otherwise stated).

Any bets involving players to be carded; only cards awarded once the player is active in the match will count. Any cards shown after the final whistle do not count. Cards shown in 90 minutes play only count.

All our usual football rules apply unless stated otherwise on the market.

Other Sports

WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE OF MY PLAYERS DOES NOT PARTICIPATE?
    In the event that one or more of the players in any bet does not participate, the bet will be voided and your stake will be returned.

In the event that one or more of the players in any bet does not start, the bet will be voided.

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE GAME IS CANCELLED OR IS POSTPONED AND DOES NOT RESUME ON THE SAME DAY?

If any one of the bet legs within a pre-packaged accumulator is voided then the entire bet is voided irrespective of whether the other legs won or lost.

All our usual sport rules apply unless stated otherwise on the market.

• Uboat said:
    Wow. Proper scummy that.  Bang out of order 
  • Uboat said:
    Wow. Proper scummy that.  Bang out of order 
    That's absolutely ridiculous I have never heard of that. If I was you I would speak to someone on the chat and have a moan up and see what happens. That's so wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Get it on twitter with the above rules screenshotted from their website, tag Ladbrokes and take up the case with https://www.ibas-uk.com/

They can’t be allowed to take the piss like that - no wonder the bookies always come out on top. What are your thoughts @bobmunro ?
  • Get it on twitter with the above rules screenshotted on their website, tag Ladbrokes and take up the case with https://www.ibas-uk.com/

They can’t be allowed to take the piss like that - no wonder the bookies always come out on top. What are your thoughts @bobmunro ?
    I have never heard if own goals not counting for btts. I call bollocks on that. If you have a btts acca own goals count. 
  • Uboat said:
    Plaster it all over Twitter with them @ ‘d and get known tip pages etc to retweet they won’t like that and it might even force their hand. 
  • Get it on twitter with the above rules screenshotted from their website, tag Ladbrokes and take up the case with https://www.ibas-uk.com/

No question it is a winning bet.
  • It's a trivial sum of money, so I can't be arsed, but I think it's really poor. I kept saying to the livechat person, 'Do you know anything about football? Are you seriously telling me Blackburn didn't score?' They just kept coming back, 'The bet was settled correctly'. In the end I got a bit sweary then called it a night. 
  • Does it still say Boom! if you've won 38p?
  • Nicholas said:
    Sorry I know this is long, I may have missed something on this but this is their own rules. I have bolded the btts bit about 3 quarters of the way down.

#GetAPrice allows you to request a price on any markets by tweeting @Ladbrokes with #GetAPrice and if a #GetAPrice market doesn’t already exist, we will try and create one for you. We will try to price up as many as possible, but there is no guarantee everyone will be priced. Prices subject to fluctuation. #GetAPrice bets cannot be combined with any other bets. The Max Payout that can be won on a #GetAPrice bet is £25,000.

IS EXTRA TIME INCLUDED?  
    Extra time does not count. Unless otherwise stated, bets are settled on the outcome at the end of normal time (90 minutes plus injury time) extra time and penalties do not count. 

FOR OVER/UNDER BETS, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PLAYER’S FINAL SCORE EQUALS THEIR SET LINE?

Opta Sports will be used as the primary source of data for settlement of #GetAPrice markets. In the event of Opta Sports not being available for result we will endavor to source the results from any other other official data source.

Goal/Own Goal: Different governing bodies have different rules, and where possible Opta works with the relevant people to reflect their official decisions on goal scorers.

Regarding deflections, normally a goal is awarded if the original attempt is on target. An own goal is usually awarded if the attempt is off target and deflected into the goal by an opponent.

• Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Shots directly hitting the frame of the goal are not counted as shots on target, unless the ball goes in and is awarded as a goal.

Shots blocked by another player, who is not the last-man, are not counted as shots on target

Shot off target: A shot off target is defined as any clear attempt to score that:

• Would have gone over or wide of the goal but for being stopped by a goalkeeper's save or by an outfield player.

• Is going on target and is blocked by an outfield player, where there are other defenders or a goalkeeper behind the blocker.

Clearances off the line by an opposition player (last line blocks) are counted as shots on target and do not get counted as a blocked shot.

Location for Goals/Shots: The position of the ball, when the shot is taken (shot origin).

Any event happening on a line, will be considered inside that area. For example, a shot on the 18-yard line will count as being inside the box.

Goal Assist: The final touch (pass, pass-cum-shot or any other touch) leading to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal. If the final touch (as defined in bold) is deflected by an opposition player, the initiator is only given a goal assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection having taken place. Own goals, directly taken free kicks, direct corner goals and penalties do not get an assist awarded.

Pass: Any intentional played ball from one player to another. Passes include open play passes, goal kicks, corners and free kicks played as pass – but exclude keeper throws and throw-ins. Crosses are considered passes when calculating the total passes.

Cross: Any intentional played ball from a wide position intending to reach a team mate in a specific area in front of the goal.

Hit Woodwork: Hit woodwork is given in situations where the ball hits the frame of the goal, except goals that hit the frame before going into the net. Any shot that hits the frame multiple times (e.g. bar and left post) only count as hitting the woodwork once.

Hit woodwork is always collected for the attacking team (and the player, who performed the last action), even when the ball hits the frame coming from a defensive back pass.

Tackle: A tackle is defined as where a player connects with the ball in a ground challenge where he successfully takes the ball away from the player in possession.

The tackled player must clearly be in possession of the ball before the tackle is made.

Offside: Awarded to the player deemed to be in an offside position where a free kick is awarded. If two or more players are in an offside position when the pass is played, the player considered to be most active and trying to play the ball is given offside.

Corner (won, lost and taken): When the ball has left the field of play resulting in a corner. A corner won is collected for the team being awarded a corner, and corner lost for the team conceded a corner for the opposition team. A corner taken is added when the player taking the corner has carried out the action, usually a cross or a pass.

• Red card = 2 bookings

Bookings Points: Bets are settled by adding the points per card issued within 90 minutes:

• Red card = 25 points

Both teams to score: A prediction on both teams to score a goal in the match. Own goals do count for this market.

Other Football

All bets are for 90 minutes unless otherwise stated. Extra time and penalties will not count - except when phrases 'To Qualify' & 'Lift The Trophy' are quoted.

Own goals do not count towards any player’s goal tallies (unless otherwise stated).

Any bets involving players to be carded; only cards awarded once the player is active in the match will count. Any cards shown after the final whistle do not count. Cards shown in 90 minutes play only count.

Other Sports

The bet has been settled incorrectly. Both TEAMS did score and the "Own goals do count for this market"
    reinforces your claim.

Speak to customer services and tell them that you are making a formal complaint and would like a written response to enable you to refer this to IBAS.

• Uboat said:
    It's a trivial sum of money, so I can't be arsed, but I think it's really poor. I kept saying to the livechat person, 'Do you know anything about football? Are you seriously telling me Blackburn didn't score?' They just kept coming back, 'The bet was settled correctly'. In the end I got a bit sweary then called it a night. 
    I wouldn't let it go regardless of how trivial the sum is. That's not the point.
    Bookies have you over a barrel anyway, they can't start not paying winning bets too.
  • Thats a complete pisstake. Even if its for 10p bet, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    It's a trivial sum of money, so I can't be arsed, but I think it's really poor. I kept saying to the livechat person, 'Do you know anything about football? Are you seriously telling me Blackburn didn't score?' They just kept coming back, 'The bet was settled correctly'. In the end I got a bit sweary then called it a night. 
    I wouldn't let it go regardless of how trivial the sum is. That's not the point.
    Bookies have you over a barrel anyway, they can't start not paying winning bets too.

Agreed, just read this. Wow as if betting isn't tough enough without them scamming here for what might be small money but still shouldn't matter imo.

As predicted this weekends results were all over the place, well done if anyone had any winners. Week 1 Bookies

Freebet , put double on horses for £17.50 come in, so trying to spin that up a bit for weekend bets ideally. Couple of midweek accas, which are a no in general for me probably even worse for start of the season :D

I had 3fold £7.50 on over & under 2.5 goals last night was 2/3

5 on 5fold: Dimano Zagreb, FK Sutjeska, AFC Fylde, Bromley, Chelsea under 21 - Returns £81.33

5 on 4fold: Porto, Galatasary, Celtic, Basel - Returns £67.92

• Nicholas said:

IS EXTRA TIME INCLUDED?  

• Red card = 2 bookings

• Red card = 25 points

Other Football

Other Sports

The bet has been settled incorrectly. Both TEAMS did score and the "Own goals do count for this market"
    reinforces your claim.

Speak to customer services and tell them that you are making a formal complaint and would like a written response to enable you to refer this to IBAS.

I'll give them a ring when I get home from holiday and report back. 
  • Uboat said:
    Nicholas said:

IS EXTRA TIME INCLUDED?  

• Red card = 2 bookings

• Red card = 25 points

Other Football

Other Sports

reinforces your claim.

I'll give them a ring when I get home from holiday and report back. 

If you have no luck when you ring them, send them a torpedo and Roland could do with one up his arse while your at it
  • Be interesting to see how the full time teams fare in the conference south tonight.
    Will the full time teams be fitter following all teams played Saturday?
    Billaricay and Dulwich should you be unaware.
    Around 6/1 the double
  • Be interesting to see how the full time teams fare in the conference south tonight.
    Will the full time teams be fitter following all teams played Saturday?
    Billaricay and Dulwich should you be unaware.
    Around 6/1 the double
    Fair play. You called it. 
  • Threw it in with welling and solihull
    happy days
  • Threw it in with welling and solihull
    happy days

Well done I half looked, but forgot Dulwich so didn't bother lol :)
  • anyone watch the programme on BBC last night?  how to beat the bookies?
    I bet someone did   :D

No, I think I heard about something being on or was it a repeat? Is it one with a comedian investigating betting a bit more in depth. I will need to try and catch up somewhere sounds good