Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Betting Thread 19/20

Comments

• This weeks lottery numbers are :

£5-£172 - Banker

Leeds

Bournemouth

Watford

West Brom

Cardiff

Fleetwood

£1-£179- Aways

Man City, Southampton, Bristol City, Huddersfield, Burton + Peterborough

£1-£331.50 - scores/treble

Charlton Stoke 1-1

Fulham Blackburn 2-1

Spurs Villa 2-0

£2-£309- Value

Everton, Charlton, Reading, Doncaster, Wrexham

£1-£174 - BTTS and win

Liverpool, Stoke, Coventry & Sunderland

• Bet 365 offering me £25 in-play bet offer for Man U Chelsea on Sunday. Dunno if that's across the board or if they're offering less to successful gamblers and more to the serial losers like me
  • gone for over 2.5 goals in all premier league games this weekend 

378/1

also on the skybet boost of 10/1

fulham 
    bournemouth
    watford  
    to win

• this time of season throws up some strange results, as teams are just getting to know there players etc. the only ones that are decent bets are the teams that finished playoffs and havent made many changes. 
  • Really fancy Everton this weekend, 29/20 at the moment.

The South London Treble pays about 13/1 this weekend, us to beat Stoke being the biggest question mark.
  • yeah in my last man standing comp have gone everton - especially with the recent upset of zaha i cant see him being too popular down there. 
  • yeah in my last man standing comp have gone everton - especially with the recent upset of zaha i cant see him being too popular down there. 
    Do you play on last man out? It's a great format really enjoy the game. I have hopefully gone safe with Liverpool for first week.
  • edited August 2019
    Some bookies refusing to take bets on penalties awarded in this weekend’s Premier League games. Guess they’re running scared after what happened in the World Cup...

More penalties should lead to more goals on average so a good alternative option if you want to take advantage would be looking at the overs lines instead. Hopefully some books haven’t cut those prices by much to compensate.
  • Anytime scorer bets on penalty takers is another good option... lots of ways to play it.
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone watch the programme on BBC last night?  how to beat the bookies?
    Yeah I watched it.  Thought it was really interesting
  • Weather forecast isn't looking great for the second ashes test. 9/2 the draw.
  • See if I can do better than last week - £10 Acc on Bournemouth, Watford, Fulham, QPR, West Brom - around 34-1
  • MrLargo said:
    Bet 365 offering me £25 in-play bet offer for Man U Chelsea on Sunday. Dunno if that's across the board or if they're offering less to successful gamblers and more to the serial losers like me
    The usual fiver for me.
  • Coventry to beat Bolton by more than one goal 

13/10

Might lump on this
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    It's a trivial sum of money, so I can't be arsed, but I think it's really poor. I kept saying to the livechat person, 'Do you know anything about football? Are you seriously telling me Blackburn didn't score?' They just kept coming back, 'The bet was settled correctly'. In the end I got a bit sweary then called it a night. 
    They have paid up and given me a £5 free bet. I'll be heading down to the Ferrari garage with my £2 winnings tomorrow morning. 
    Glad to hear it. They shouldn’t get away with nonsense like that.
  • Well this weeks bookie busters

West Brom, Portsmouth, Plymouth   £40 treble

Cardiff, Derby, Fulham, Mboro, Rotheram £6 trebles £5 all five.

Charlton, Rochdale £15 double. 
  • Already undone by Leeds 🙁
    I’m in one run by a millwall fan through work the pot is about 2k and you get 3 life’s 

each team once only 
    if a home side - must win 
    if an away side - draw or win and don’t lose a life 
  • Sponsored links:

• on the skybet boost yesterday maguire to make 2+ tackles and rashford 2+ shots on target. sky didnt pay out on maguire making 2 tackles 

they were getting quite a hammering on social media for it. 

• on the skybet boost yesterday maguire to make 2+ tackles and rashford 2+ shots on target. sky didnt pay out on maguire making 2 tackles 

Thats the issue with including tackles in a bet.
    I believe most bookies use Opta......Opta have quite a strict ruling on what they class as a tackle and more often than not they go down as interceptions or blocks.

Thats the issue with including tackles in a bet.
    I believe most bookies use Opta......Opta have quite a strict ruling on what they class as a tackle and more often than not they go down as interceptions or blocks.
    I don't understand these kind of bets.  How can you take a view on how many times a player will makes tackles?  Stick a finger in the air?
  • Uboat said:
    Weather forecast isn't looking great for the second ashes test. 9/2 the draw.
    Draw now 4/5. I wish I'd put more on it. 
  • I think Exeter are good value tonight at 3/1

They've won 2 out of 2, Coventry scraped a win against Southend (only 2 shots on target) and couldn't beat Bolton's kids.  they also play at St Andrews, won't be a big crowd so won't necessarily have home advantage
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Weather forecast isn't looking great for the second ashes test. 9/2 the draw.
    Draw now 4/5. I wish I'd put more on it. 
    Nice bet that. I wouldn't be backing it at 4/5 though the speed at which test matches can develop these days. You obviously know what you're doing but I'd be laying some of the 9/2 off for a nice green then seeing how it things look this time tomorrow.

I had a tenner on that and thought it was home and hosed
  • Both pro non league south sides again tonight?
  • edited August 2019
    Everton and Lincoln in a double

• Got the £25 in-plat offer on Man City Spurs. 

On a separate note, is there some doubt over Aubameyang as the Arsenal scorer against Burnley? Had him as anytime scorer, Arsenal to win, btts at combined odds of 11/4. Still waiting for them to pay out and of the 3 requirements, "Arsenal to win" is the only one with a tick next to it.