Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Betting Thread 19/20

Comments

• Sage said:
    Lost out on £214 because of Chelsea, enhanced odds so no early pay out on my accy.

Better to live and learn, just very disappointing.
    But what did you learn?
  • Uboat said:
    Sage said:
    Lost out on £214 because of Chelsea, enhanced odds so no early pay out on my accy.

But what did you learn?
    Don’t take the enhanced odds so you can cash out?
  • Uboat said:
    Sage said:

But what did you learn?
    Don’t take the enhanced odds so you can cash out?
    Exactly, also means I would’ve had the early payout because Chelsea went 2-0 up.

Rather than going for the extra money, it’s best to play it safer when the odds are still nice if it wins.
  • Chelsea  done me on one and Millwall the other, total of£50
  • Anyone have any issues with Cash Out on Bet365 today? I couldn't get on to "My Bets" for long periods this afternoon, on the App or the mobile site, and therefore couldn't see the live cash out offers. 

Mostly didn't matter, except for £25 I put on Barcelona to win shortly after they went a goal down early on. Barca turned it around, and at 2-1 up after 75 minutes, I was quite keen to cash out (subject to the offer being reasonable) as they weren't that convincing. Couldn't get on My Bets to see what the Cash Out was, kept trying, different devices, mobile site and app, on WiFi and 4G, everything else on B365 working fine, and Barca let in an equaliser on 81 mins and finish up 2-2.

Return would have been £55 if they'd won, and I reckon cash out would have been £40ish if I'd been able to do that after 75 mins. Any point in complaining? Fear I already know the answer to that.
  • MrLargo said:
    Anyone have any issues with Cash Out on Bet365 today? I couldn't get on to "My Bets" for long periods this afternoon, on the App or the mobile site, and therefore couldn't see the live cash out offers. 

Mostly didn't matter, except for £25 I put on Barcelona to win shortly after they went a goal down early on. Barca turned it around, and at 2-1 up after 75 minutes, I was quite keen to cash out (subject to the offer being reasonable) as they weren't that convincing. Couldn't get on My Bets to see what the Cash Out was, kept trying, different devices, mobile site and app, on WiFi and 4G, everything else on B365 working fine, and Barca let in an equaliser on 81 mins and finish up 2-2.

Return would have been £55 if they'd won, and I reckon cash out would have been £40ish if I'd been able to do that after 75 mins. Any point in complaining? Fear I already know the answer to that.
    They tweeted earlier that they had a known problem with their “My Bets” section on the app and the website.

All the responses were saying about refunds and it’s not good enough etc. Which as customers, we have every right to complain, it’s their fault and their service went down meaning options that should’ve been available were not.

No idea about complaining but it’s not on and a lot of unhappy people to do with this.

Maybe others on here can give a more informed view of what to do, if anything, but I hope that the problem doesn’t happen again and that they actually do a decent thing and refund or give out a free bet to everyone after the international break.
  • Am i the only one who backed us yesterday at 3/1
  • MrLargo said:
    Anyone have any issues with Cash Out on Bet365 today? I couldn't get on to "My Bets" for long periods this afternoon, on the App or the mobile site, and therefore couldn't see the live cash out offers. 

Saw a ton of people complaining on twitter that it wasn't working during the boxing last night.
  • edited September 2019
    I had the problem with BET365 sitting on a treble worth over £250 an could not get a cash out option. An what happened 90+5 Tranmere equalized. 

• I had the problem with BET365 sitting on a treble worth over £250 an could not get a cash out option. An what happened 90+5 Tranmere equalized. 

Just emailed them - said I thought they should pay me the cash out value as at 75 minutes or, as an absolute minimum, void the bet and return my stake. Will post on here when the come back to me.

Expecting them to reject it. If they do then I'll close my account and switch to someone else. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I I have also just emailed them with a similar request. 

• Needed Fleetwood to score for a 45/1 six match BTTS accy.

Had exactly the same issue, though the bet I was trying to cash out won in the end anyway
  • clb74 said:
    Am i the only one who backed us yesterday at 3/1

Possibly,  I only got 11/4
  • We are still 66/1, 1/4 1-2-3 with BetVictor. We all know that we can't keep this up but still gotta to be worth a cheeky fiver each way at that price.

Got a generic reply back which effectively ignored my request for them to pay either the cash out value at 75 mins or return my £25 stake.

Pushed them on it and got another generic response which basically rejected my request. I've now told them to close my account. I'm sure that all bookies would adopt the same policy, but I think it's really taking the piss when an error with their website leaves me out of pocket.

With that in mind, grateful for any recommendations on which bookie should get to take my money off me. Not interested in the new account bonus offers as I've already rinsed most of them - best odds, most user-friendly app, best bonuses/special offers are probably the key criteria. 
  • I'd say that Bet365 were much more annoyed that their cash out function went down than anyone else was
  • MrLargo said:
    I I have also just emailed them with a similar request. 

Got a generic reply back which effectively ignored my request for them to pay either the cash out value at 75 mins or return my £25 stake.

Pushed them on it and got another generic response which basically rejected my request. I've now told them to close my account. I'm sure that all bookies would adopt the same policy, but I think it's really taking the piss when an error with their website leaves me out of pocket.

With that in mind, grateful for any recommendations on which bookie should get to take my money off me. Not interested in the new account bonus offers as I've already rinsed most of them - best odds, most user-friendly app, best bonuses/special offers are probably the key criteria. 
    I find BetVictor is best odds for football accumulators and they often do special offers.
  • Re: Cashout, I doubt legally they have any responsibility to do anything. This is an added bonus, they don't have to offer this feature but most bookies do.

The problem is, in the past even when just I had a problem I got a refund before (long story) stake only and should have been £100 as I cashed out but it didn't go through or say it cancelled. I actually moved from said betting firm because of this, more as I knew I was donating mostly and the one time I use cash out and had some proof (screenshot sent to mate).

It would be very hard for them to trust everyone is being honest, anyone with a winning bet could effectively do it and most people are chancers so you cant really blame them. Unless they take each one on their own merit and at a guess they might refund the stake for that bet as a goodwill gesture.

• Re: Cashout, I doubt legally they have any responsibility to do anything. This is an added bonus, they don't have to offer this feature but most bookies do.

The problem is, in the past even when just I had a problem I got a refund before (long story) stake only and should have been £100 as I cashed out but it didn't go through or say it cancelled. I actually moved from said betting firm because of this, more as I knew I was donating mostly and the one time I use cash out and had some proof (screenshot sent to mate).

It would be very hard for them to trust everyone is being honest, anyone with a winning bet could effectively do it and most people are chancers so you cant really blame them. Unless they take each one on their own merit and at a guess they might refund the stake for that bet as a goodwill gesture.

Legally they'll undoubtedly be covered. They still have the option to waive their legal right to not pay and do the right thing instead, and keep the customer happy.

I lost money because of their fault - I've given them a chance to put it right, which they have failed to do, so I'm not going to give them any more business. Apply the same policy to all businesses, which means that I've virtually run out of utilities suppliers.

• Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    MrLargo said:

Re: Cashout, I doubt legally they have any responsibility to do anything. This is an added bonus, they don't have to offer this feature but most bookies do.

Legally they'll undoubtedly be covered. They still have the option to waive their legal right to not pay and do the right thing instead, and keep the customer happy.

I lost money because of their fault - I've given them a chance to put it right, which they have failed to do, so I'm not going to give them any more business. Apply the same policy to all businesses, which means that I've virtually run out of utilities suppliers.

I am not saying I don't agree with you, just from experience I know its very unlikely you will get more than your free stake back. Unfortunately as they say its always in the bookies favour things like these. Previously I took my custom elsewhere from a very similar scenario and I was losing and never had cashed out previously (its not in my nature), the one time I did I got screwed over. Took to twitter and customer service but ultimately they gave me my stake back as a good will gesture...

The problem is in your instance, this could have affected millions of customers, if they assume any winners have the right to cash out this would cost them a fortune which they wont do. I don't think there is any legal right to have an option to cash out, unless I am mistaken? I have never looked into it that deep but some sites offer it some don't, sometimes they suspend or don't offer as its not a match they have eyes on.

Also to add to this, if you put on a bet I don't think you can say its their fault if it doesn't win because of you couldn't cash it out. When you place a bet you are betting a team to win, cashout is a tool that can work for both the customers and the bookie. You are saying its the bookies fault, however it is not as when you place the bet you want teams to win, if they then go on to lose that bet its them that lost your bet not the bookies.

• If they offer a service and then do not provide it surely that is a breach of advertising rules?  It is certainly mis leading.  If you put money on in good faith they should at a min offer the stake back.
  • Problem with cash out is the proof. I guess they should believe you if you have a history of cashing out bets that are winning. 

But if your bet becomes a losing one in the last 5 minutes, where is your proof that you would have cashed that out?
  • I'm backing Tranmere and Colchester in a double today
  • BET365 replied to my complaint, but offered no compensation or stake return. Which is what I expected really.

looks difficult today, I'm going with.

Colchester, Plymouth Double
    Torquay, Cheltenham Double
    Coventry, Stockport, Halifax Treble.  Then together as fours, fives an all 7

• IdleHans said:

Had exactly the same issue, though the bet I was trying to cash out won in the end anyway
    Idle Hans should pay the bookies back the difference of what his cash out to final pay out was 

or give it to Ralph and Largo 
  • IdleHans said:

Idle Hans should pay the bookies back the difference of what his cash out to final pay out was 

or give it to Ralph and Largo 
    My tips on here are worth FAR more
  • Right. There appears to be something to exploit in the FGS market on 365 for France-Andorra tonight. 

It appears market expectancy is about 5 goals - thus making 4/5/6-0 all value Correct Score bets.

However, 365 are 1/3 odds, UNLIMITED places on first goalscorer bets. This means any player who scores at FGS odds of 3/1 or greater will see a return.

(NB this is assuming they start: Bets are void if player does not start)

It looks as if any of Giroud, Fekir, Coman, Lemar - and those obviously at bigger odds - score any time then you're making money (obviously you lose some value if they score more than once).

So, I reckon Kingsley Coman FGS, each way @ 11/2 therefore looks like great value. Everyone else looks decent enough value too. Hope this reads how I think it does but if I'm mistaken, let me know.
  • MrLargo said:

Re: Cashout, I doubt legally they have any responsibility to do anything. This is an added bonus, they don't have to offer this feature but most bookies do.

Bet365 are the absolute worst when it comes to complaints and refunding. Most bookmakers will refund stakes on horse singles if the horse refuses to race etc, but never ever bet365. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Right. There appears to be something to exploit in the FGS market on 365 for France-Andorra tonight. 

It appears market expectancy is about 5 goals - thus making 4/5/6-0 all value Correct Score bets.

However, 365 are 1/3 odds, UNLIMITED places on first goalscorer bets. This means any player who scores at FGS odds of 3/1 or greater will see a return.

(NB this is assuming they start: Bets are void if player does not start)

It looks as if any of Giroud, Fekir, Coman, Lemar - and those obviously at bigger odds - score any time then you're making money (obviously you lose some value if they score more than once).

So, I reckon Kingsley Coman FGS, each way @ 11/2 therefore looks like great value. Everyone else looks decent enough value too. Hope this reads how I think it does but if I'm mistaken, let me know.

Im kind off confused :P it doesn't take much, its been a long day!