Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Please don't shoot the messenger.....but I think Lyle may be injured :(

Comments

• Macronate said:
    Julian McDonald has been in great form though so deserves his chance.
    He’s actually been replaced by a bloke who plays for Bromley 
    That’ll happen for us in January when Taylor’s sold & Roland only allows Bowyer to buy someone from Bromley 
    Probably be that Mendez fella ;)
    Nah, think he’s Palace 
  • edited September 2019
    I'm hoping he and Charlton ageeed he could play one match for Montserrat and would then return to train with us this week.

I'm also hoping that the photos are not actually him.

I'm sincerely hoping that someone who watches us train will pipe up that all is OK.

Worried of Glesga.
  • Doing wonders for the Montserrat FA social media accounts today, more hits in one day than in their entire history!
  • He left before the end to beat the rush.
  • If this wasn’t about our main man this thread would be hilarious. 

I really wouldnt fear the worst until we hear it. Lyle’s  increasingly becoming an object of drama. 
  • If this wasn’t about our main man this thread would be hilarious. 

I really wouldnt fear the worst until we hear it. Lyle’s  increasingly becoming an object of drama. 
    Can’t disagree with any of that 
  • Sponsored links:

• If this was last season, I would panic

But Bowyer & Gallen have strengthened the front line so we have decent cover

This also means Lyle can recover properly and come back stronger

Don't worry

• I'm not sure if I should laugh at the content of this thread or cry!
  • We'll be alright. This won't stop our march towards promotion.
  • cafcwill said:

If this was last season, I would panic

But Bowyer & Gallen have strengthened the front line so we have decent cover

This also means Lyle can recover properly and come back stronger

Don't worry

Just in time for his Brentford debut in Jan
  • Is there a chance he’s going to throw a wobble about those pics being an invasion of his privacy? We should Expect a post somewhere shortly! 

• Lyle isn't on the bench either.
    NEWS FLASH......Beatles to split up!
    He is for Ebbsfleet International...
    Fuck me the trains must be running late that picture was taken in daylight.
    He is for Ebbsfleet International...
    Fuck me the trains must be running late that picture was taken in daylight.
    Well its SouthEastern so dont put it past them!!
  • Sponsored links:

• DanDavis said:
    Hearing stories that he was spotted this morning in a leg brace and on crutches. Obviously hope its complete BS.
    fair play Dan for this exclusive

• It wouldn't surprise me if this injury caused an injury...

• Looks to be a knee brace, not a protective boot so maybe a twinge in his knee and they've gone OTT on protection.
  • Christ I wont be able to sleep tonight ;)
  • Sage said:
    Off_it said:
    This thread is absolutely priceless.

Even at the stage now of an online diagnosis and prognosis based on a grainy picture. 

Unbelievable.
    Based on knowledge from my degree and experience and having contacts in the medical and sports science side within football, it’s not just any kind of wild guess. I might be well off on what I said, but the fact is he is weight bearing and the degree of the brace is promising, it also means that it’s not something like a rupture and based on knowledge, you can begin to tell Jowhere an injury is located.

I see nothing wrong with what I said, and believe it was more informative than digging at someone passing on knowledge.

I also accepted the quality of picture is not great and it could all be precautionary if he had picked up a knock. But it’s a fair assumption to say he won’t play Saturday when we are a handful of days away and he is using crutches. 
    Your diagnosis is possibly correct and noone is doubting your education.

But you based it on a photo that may or may not be Taylor and may or may not be today. 
  • Apparently it's an LCL injury, possibly out for 8-10 weeks (source is the always accurate Charlton Facebook group, so this means nothing. Hopefully) 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Off_it said:
    This thread is absolutely priceless.

Even at the stage now of an online diagnosis and prognosis based on a grainy picture. 

Unbelievable.
    Based on knowledge from my degree and experience and having contacts in the medical and sports science side within football, it’s not just any kind of wild guess. I might be well off on what I said, but the fact is he is weight bearing and the degree of the brace is promising, it also means that it’s not something like a rupture and based on knowledge, you can begin to tell Jowhere an injury is located.

I see nothing wrong with what I said, and believe it was more informative than digging at someone passing on knowledge.

I also accepted the quality of picture is not great and it could all be precautionary if he had picked up a knock. But it’s a fair assumption to say he won’t play Saturday when we are a handful of days away and he is using crutches. 
    Your diagnosis is possibly correct and noone is doubting your education.

But you based it on a photo that may or may not be Taylor and may or may not be today. 
    The photo is of Lyle, 100%, and with not being involved in the game tonight when he is captain, and being on a plane to the mainland the other day would suggest he came home early. He is usually very active on social media (Instagram) when he is out there and hasn’t done anything since being on a plane. It would suggest that these photos are new.