Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Football manager might be the only game I buy on stadia. Any lag won’t be much of an issue, and can potentially run loads of leagues quickly.
  • with 2 less games. 
  • WTF is Stadia? I have a MacBook, should I be using this over Steam?
  • edited August 2019
    WTF is Stadia? I have a MacBook, should I be using this over Steam?
    Google's new streaming platform that all the high-level engineers on here were saying is going to be rubbish. I don't think we can access from our side of the world, yet. 
  • Chunes said:
    Google's new streaming platform that all the high-level engineers on here were saying is going to be rubbish. I don't think we can access from our side of the world, yet. 
    Steam it is then, just ween I can preorder it now for 20 quid, so I'll be doing that!
  • Chunes said:
    Steam it is then, just ween I can preorder it now for 20 quid, so I'll be doing that!
    What site is that on?
  • Chunes said:
    Think it comes out over here in November time
  • Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    What site is that on?
    No website, steam the program.

Steam has different prices all over the world, China is much cheaper than the UK.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    I love Football Manager and I play it all year every year but I hope it's a bit different this time. The last few years all the work's gone into building a better match engine, which I stop using after a while. I'm not really interested in watching stick men I can't control not doing what I ask them so much as I am in team building, player development and the general shenangians that come with running a football club. I want them to overhaul transfers, make scouting and training more interactive and enjoyable and update the tired player and press conference interactions. They've only really introduced dynamics as a new idea recently, and that turned out to be completely useless. Primarily what I'd really like if nothing else is to stop being quoted £168m when I bid for a 16 year old Croatian valued at £63k, while the AI bids 10 million under valuation for my best player, who then wants a new contract when I turn down the ridiculous offer. That would be super.
    I had a player who wanted out, so I said ok I'll look to transfer list you. Team comes in, bids 5 million below his value. I decline, he asks why, I tell him and when he asks what's acceptable I tell him 3m above his value.

Team comes in for him willing to match the price I set, but wants me to still pay 47k of his 60k a week wages, for 3 years! I tell them to do one, now he's decided I've gone back on my word at selling him for the right price. Stupid
    Yep, constantly this. Or when you say you'll sell them at the right price, they demand to know what the value is and then kick off when it's barely above valuation. The game needs to decide what it wants to do with transfers and apply it evenly. At this point I'm just bored of holding down the + button for bids because valuations are so far away from agreeable prices they serve no purpose. They then need to apply that to buying and selling or it just feels like the game is specifically trying to do you over, which is frustrating.
  • edited August 2019
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    What site is that on?

Steam has different prices all over the world, China is much cheaper than the UK.
    Now comes the question, can I VPN to China to purchase it and download? Or does it know better?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    What site is that on?

Now comes the question, can I VPN to China to purchase it and download? Or does it know better?
    Possibly, as I used to have to VPN out of China to buy FM as it was banned here, although one year Steam did remove it from my library, the bastards.

What might be hard for you is offering a Chinese payment method. Maybe I could gift it to you?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    What site is that on?

Possibly, as I used to have to VPN out of China to buy FM as it was banned here, although one year Steam did remove it from my library, the bastards.

What might be hard for you is offering a Chinese payment method. Maybe I could gift it to you?
    Potentially, will have a look on Reddit for advice.
  • Packaging? I thought it was only downloaded on steam lol 

disc drives are slowly becoming a thing of the past anyway... can’t see them selling that many discs 
  • 300,000 according to Miles, around 25-30% of their sales.
  • I know you can order it off Steam etc but I always liked buying the packaging even if it was just an empty case with a booklet and a download code. I guess almost equivalent to paperbacks vs getting a kindle but maybe weirder?

Regardless, good to see them making eco-friendly decisions. No reason why all businesses shouldn’t be doing this by now.
  • I preferred buying these as hard discs but now last years one I bought on Steam and had to download it and will do this year. It depends on what the differences are between last year and this year, I kept getting the sack last time. Start of well, team does ok despite lack of money and then new owners come in just as my team starts performing badly. I would love to be able to expand the stadium etc.   I always wondered why they didn't have the option of starting a club by scratch. (not by editing another club and adding players) You own the club, manage the club, build up the club and never get sacked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve always played football manager handheld in the past but this year i’ll be playing the proper edition on PC. I understand it’s a lot different, but I’m not sure what the differences actually are... Would someone be able to help?
  • I’ve always played football manager handheld in the past but this year i’ll be playing the proper edition on PC. I understand it’s a lot different, but I’m not sure what the differences actually are... Would someone be able to help?

a lot more detailed tactics, player interaction, 3d match engine, enhanced training, in-game editor and online capabilities just to name a few.

• Will need a new laptop for this I think, my current one will explode. Are people playing on desktops, or Laptops? Just not sure what to invest in at the moment. 

a lot more detailed tactics, player interaction, 3d match engine, enhanced training, in-game editor and online capabilities just to name a few.

cheers mate
  • Will need a new laptop for this I think, my current one will explode. Are people playing on desktops, or Laptops? Just not sure what to invest in at the moment. 
    I played last years on a MacBook, hoping to do the same again this year.
    Better for your eyes for a start surely?

Playing such a detailed game like FM for hours on end on a phone/ipad can't be good for your eyesight.

Laptop for me, i5 8th generation with 8gb of ram. I can run all the top leagues, English league down to conference south, Brazilian league and I still get 4.5 star PC Performance.

Sad, but I actually bought a laptop solely for FM last Christmas. £500 laptop, and it's all I use it for. Crazy really.

Laptop for me, i5 8th generation with 8gb of ram. I can run all the top leagues, English league down to conference south, Brazilian league and I still get 4.5 star PC Performance.

Sad, but I actually bought a laptop solely for FM last Christmas. £500 laptop, and it's all I use it for. Crazy really.

That is exactly what I'm looking at doing! I'll pretend my son can use it for homework, but even the Wife knows what its for.