Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Preston-live on SKY

Charlton’s home fixture against Preston North End has been moved to Sunday, November 3rd (12pm) as it has been selected to be televised by Sky Sports.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d8de9458c6c2/preston-home-fixture-moved-for-sky-sports

Comments

• Was wondering when a non midweek home game of ours would be televised
  • Mate of mine was thinking of coming up from Whitstable with another guy who is a Preston fan.

Not now, bus service part of the journey on Southeastern that day. 
  • personally quite happy with this due to a commitment i can now make on the Saturday. Although i do hate Sunday games. 
  • Was wondering when a non midweek home game of ours would be televised
    We'll have another one selected later in the season too
  • I would question why they chose not to select us for coverage against Millwall the following week but its pretty obvious going by the games they have chosen:

Saturday 9th November: Nottingham Forest v Derby
    Sunday 10th November: Cardiff v Bristol City
  • Blinding can watch it in the pub.
    Just leave the away games alone sky 
  • Another three points dropped thanks to Sky. 
  • Sponsored links:

• royal pain in the arse that one, I hate lunchtime KO's and I hate Sunday games
  • same day tweaking of KO times for TV or other reasons i kind of get (though i think is still wrong).

Changing the day of a game with just 5 weeks notice just shouldn't be allowed imo.

yep got to feel fro Preston fans that would of booked trains for the Saturday. 
    No trains from Preston arrive on time either, Sunday morning is an awful time for train travel
  • I see it's been made kid a quid to hopefully keep the crowd up somewhat
  • How difficult is it for the FA | SKY | Train Companies to sit down and organise Football travel tickets

Instead sorting out silly travel you should be able to buy a ticket from your location to the closest station where a game is being held - That ticket is then valid the day of the game being held and can be remain valid if moved for whatever reason; be it: SKY | International Call-Ups | Cup Commitments | Weather reasons

Enough now of the: "Oh well its the risk you take" attitude from these people!!
    How difficult is it for sky to announce 12 weeks before.
  • bollocks, already made alternative plans for 3 November
  • What about all the fans playing in or involved with grassroots football?
  • Bollocks. I’m off to Israel on same day. 
  • Any idea what the early Premiership game is?
  • Sponsored links:

• will watch this at home, think a lot will 
  • edited September 2019
    Any idea what the early Premiership game is?
    Edit: Wrong weekend

Crystal Palace v Leicester City | Everton v Tottenham
  • Thanks. If a big match on, hard to get my local to show Champ game.
  • Any idea what the early Premiership game is?
    Edit: Wrong weekend

Crystal Palace v Leicester City | Everton v Tottenham
    3 fairly average games on Sunday, with Norwich vs Watford on the Monday! 

One small consolation is that the Rugby WC final is on the Saturday at 9am, so now we can concentrate on that if England get through...
  • Thanks. If a big match on, hard to get my local to show Champ game.
    Charlton game should be finished anyway

We'll be done just before 2pm; Palace game will start @ 2pm
  • Oh FFS

F*** off
    Not up for a right royal piss up after the match and subsequent written off Monday?  For old times sake?
  • Pain in the backside as clashes with the boys Sunday football - later kick off might have been ok.

179 Preston

• Yep, kids football on Sundays. Midday is such a shit kick off time 
  • ME not to pleased either, Remembrance game for the forces, some can no longer attend due late change. 😢
  • Feels a bit of a "contractual obligation" game really.

"get Charlton and Preston out of the way"
    Not sûre. They will bill it using Bauer and his winning goal.