Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• clb74 said:
    So we dont need all these phases.
    Even if we sell another 500 today it will be only half the allocation sold in a day and a half
    Said before that there's far too many.

The first 4 phases (550 and above) should all be phase 1.

460/500/VG should be phase 2.

230/350 should be phase 3.

100 Points as phase 4.

Then general sale.

• The phase where it’s 500 or VG is the one that annoys me. 

Someone can just buy 3 months worth of VG and fall into that category! Then not bother with a ST 
  • Can you have points assigned to you after the purchase/game has already happened?

My Dad is on 490 points but during this season I’ve bought 2 tickets for certain away games but not assigned the 10 points to him at the point of purchase (I was waiting to see if he was going to come, or whether I should give the spare to a mate). 

• Whereas with 535 points including ST and VG, I’m in the same group. 
  • cafctom said:
    Can you have points assigned to you after the purchase/game has already happened?

My Dad is on 490 points but during this season I’ve bought 2 tickets for certain away games but not assigned the 10 points to him at the point of purchase (I was waiting to see if he was going to come, or whether I should give the spare to a mate). 

Why wouldn’t you just assign it to your dad anyway?
  • Belv said:
    cafctom said:
    Can you have points assigned to you after the purchase/game has already happened?

Because if he wasn’t going then I’d have assigned it to whoever did make the trip. Didn’t really understand the whole points system at first to be honest, as we had been season ticket holders for the best part of 25 years and getting away tickets wasn’t ever too much of an issue.
  • cafctom said:
    Belv said:
    cafctom said:

Because if he wasn’t going then I’d have assigned it to whoever did make the trip. Didn’t really understand the whole points system at first to be honest, as we had been season ticket holders for the best part of 25 years and getting away tickets wasn’t ever too much of an issue.

Fair enough, just sounded like you bought the ticket for your dad but would give it to someone else if he couldn’t go.

I suspect there will be around a 1000 or just over still available by the time phase 5 begins. Be surprised if another 500 or so are sold between now and then given the slow start to phase 3.
  • clb74 said:
    Even if we sell another 500 today it will be only half the allocation sold in a day and a half

100 Points as phase 4.

Then general sale.

What negative outcome is there for having "too many" phases. At best it gives the most loyal supporters more time to ensure they get a ticket. And at worst it means other supporters have to wait just a few more days.

Your suggested system is far worse. There is a big difference between those with 230 points (just a single season ticket) and 350 points (a single season ticket + plus 12 games from either last season or away games from this season).

If we assume that the number of points and number of members is roughly a pyramid shape, I agree that the bunched up phases 1-4 that range from 550 to 500 points are a bit pointless, and more bunched up phases would be better as loyalty points decrease and members increase. But as I mentioned before, a phase that includes both 230 points and 350 points, is a lot more unfair and frustrating than the current system. Which imo, isn't unfair at all.
  • Oh for the days when you just bowled up to the ground and paid on the gate. That was the fair way of getting to watch the match. If full the gates would close...first come first served and no points required. How things have changed eh. 
  • clb74 said:

100 Points as phase 4.

Then general sale.

What negative outcome is there for having "too many" phases. At best it gives the most loyal supporters more time to ensure they get a ticket. And at worst it means other supporters have to wait just a few more days.

Your suggested system is far worse. There is a big difference between those with 230 points (just a single season ticket) and 350 points (a single season ticket + plus 12 games from either last season or away games from this season).

If we assume that the number of points and number of members is roughly a pyramid shape, I agree that the bunched up phases 1-4 that range from 550 to 500 points are a bit pointless, and more bunched up phases would be better as loyalty points decrease and members increase. But as I mentioned before, a phase that includes both 230 points and 350 points, is a lot more unfair and frustrating than the current system. Which imo, isn't unfair at all.
    Fair enough, then have 350 and 230 as separate phases. But what is clear from Fulham and millwall is that 550 and above should just be 1 phase.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Oh for the days when you just bowled up to the ground and paid on the gate. That was the fair way of getting to watch the match. If full the gates would close...first come first served and no points required. How things have changed eh. 
    Hardly fair... If you've put loads of money into the club already why shouldn't you get to go to the games you wNt? 
  • edited October 2019
    Ultimatum said:
    The phase where it’s 500 or VG is the one that annoys me. 

Someone can just buy 3 months worth of VG and fall into that category! Then not bother with a ST 
    I reluctantly agree with you as I’m a VG member but not got a ST. For selfish reasons I’m so glad it works that way as I’m able to get 2 tickets after 2pm tomorrow but a lot of those with ST’s won’t be able to.

Strange way the club has done it this way.
  • Managed to get all 20 for my Platoon.
  • 1,586 left.
    Less than 250 sold today so far.
  • 1,586 left.
    @Covered End what do you reckon, think that it will make Friday morning without trouble?
  •  I wonder if any Charlton will turn up without a ticket cause more atmosphere outside the ground lol.
  • edited October 2019
    Sage said:
    1,586 left.
    @Covered End what do you reckon, think that it will make Friday morning without trouble?
    Impossible to tell, but it looks like the same pattern emerging for Millwall as usual.
    The low sales so far, suggesting to me that the take up by some of our more "mature" supporters, plus those deciding not to take their kids and or not to go at all, will leave more tickets for those with less points.
  • Sage said:
    1,586 left.
    Impossible to tell, but it looks like the same pattern emerging for Millwall as usual.
    The low sales so far, suggesting to me that the take up by some of our more "mature" supporters, plus those deciding not to take their kids and or not to go at all, will leave more tickets for those with less points.
    Fair point to be honest.

Sure I’ll get mine either way, just don’t know whether to sit it out and wait, which should be fine, but we shall see.

Just hope there’s not too much trouble this year. 
  • Can’t be that many who have had had the ability to buy yet.

For example, I’ve got two year season ticket, 8 aways, a friendly, and Valley gold.

And I haven’t qualified to buy yet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Oh for the days when you just bowled up to the ground and paid on the gate. That was the fair way of getting to watch the match. If full the gates would close...first come first served and no points required. How things have changed eh. 
    Oh for the days of straight on general sale instead of a ridiculous way of selling match tickets.

Absolute bonkers.
  • Cor dear, and it’s OUR cup final yeah?  :wink:

For example, I’ve got two year season ticket, 8 aways, a friendly, and Valley gold.

This post pretty much sums up my feelings to the selling of these tickets.
  • Sage said:
    1,586 left.
    Yes, it's the opposite of most convenient away games in that respect. I've ducked out of a few Millwall games over the years as I can't be bothered with the hassle, but decided it was time to go back so bought mine this morning.

Tomorrow afternoon will see a VG leap, thanks to the bizarre 500 point equivalence its been given, plus a lot of people should have 500 points as well - 2 years worth of ST plus 4 other games is a pretty low bar
  • edited October 2019
    Cor dear, and it’s OUR cup final yeah?  :wink:
    And you'll still beat us again Mr Spanner.

I quit whilst I was ahead, I have not seen you lot play since Sir Stern John stuck it in the bag to go to Wembley.
  • Cor dear, and it’s OUR cup final yeah?  :wink:

I quit whilst I was ahead, I have not seen you lot play since Sir Stern John stuck in the bag to go to Wembley.
    No they won’t. 
  • stonemuse said:

I quit whilst I was ahead, I have not seen you lot play since Sir Stern John stuck in the bag to go to Wembley.
    No they won’t. 
    I hope you're right.
  • stonemuse said:

No they won’t. 
    I hope you're right.
    I am :-)

You should have with wembley and play off home game
  • Just bought ours 1577 left. 
    I'm not surprised the sales are so slow with the wanky system never working properly.
    I've got about 10 family & friends listed, but only 2 of them came up on the drop down (instead of the 10) & it wouldn't let me assign to them in any case.
    So I re added everyone and they then appeared on the drop down, but it still wouldn't let me assign to friends not entitled to buy themselves (as of today).
    So after 2 hours pissing around I bought 2 in my name & 2 in a friends name who also qualifies as of today.
    Bag of shite.