Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deliveroo / Just Eat / Uber Eats

edited December 2019 in Not Sports Related
what’s peoples general experience with these delivery companies? 

Only used Just Eat once and Deliveroo 3 times. Must say been disappointed overall.

currently typing at 19.06 awaiting a Deliveroo that was meant to arrive at 18.20. Order placed at 17.35. Phoned restaurant 10 mins ago and told would be another 15 mins, which tells me they hadn’t even started processing it yet. Poor. 

Can i reclaim anything through Deliveroo in such circumstances?

Comments

• Complain in the in app chat, and Deliveroo tend to give you something back, Uber Eat on the other hand just shrug their collective shoulders and ignore it
  • It's weird - I use these companies fairly often (well, mostly Just Eat) but almost never have a massively delayed nightmare delivery. That said, I am tempting fate here as there's one being prepared right now
  • I got an email from UBER eat offering me a home delivery free of paying the fare.
    Typed in the code I was given and it wouldn't accept it.
    Fuck em 
  • Jury's out on just eat. Used them twice. Once was good second was shocking.

Not used deliveroo. Think they just got a big fine for that annoying advert where the woman walks through the house dishing out different takeaways that all arrived together.
  • Uber are generally ok but when late, it gets ridiculous. Took them 75 mins for a recent order and got told to piss off and payment was not taken. 

The other two have not been a problem on the rare occasions I use them. 

Our more frequent orders go direct to Dominos and they deliver quite quickly. 
  • Used just eat quite a few times but after we found our favourite restaurants ended up ordering direct from their websites where it's a bit cheaper.
    Uber eats twice when in hospital, service was fine.
  • Used uber for the 1st time this morning, it was good. 

Use just eat all the time and never had a problem.  Never used deliveroo. 

Glad I could contribute to this. 

Your welcome. 
  • I use UberEats quite a bit of late

Delivery times can tend to be all over the place in terms of promptness... Sometimes you'll get it within the allocation other times its taken over an additional 40mins with the food turning up cold

Never used Deliveroo but JustEat I've found pretty reliable
  • Used just eat once. 
    Signed up, had a look and it Said 30 mins as booking and changed to 90 mins when order went through. 

Phoned straight up just eat to cancel saying we had kids and couldn’t wait that long. Said would be 50% for a cancelled order as they started processing the order. We said if they have started processing and it is going to  them 90 minutes then they can’t be very good.

in the end told them we would refuse the order if delivered and would do a charge back on the payment and would also spam their social media if they did not cancel straight away at no charge. 

Now just price up the order and phone the restaurant direct to see if match the price (they always do) 

• Sponsored links:

• what’s peoples general experience with these delivery companies? 

currently typing at 19.06 awaiting a Deliveroo that was meant to arrive at 18.20. Order placed at 17.35. Phoned restaurant 10 mins ago and told would be another 15 mins, which tells me they hadn’t even started processing it yet. Poor. 

Can i reclaim anything through Deliveroo in such circumstances?
    So the 18.50 phone call turned into another phone call at 17.30, then another phone call from Deliveroo. Eventually arrived 19.54, stone cold. 2hrs 20 mins for a bit of chicken n chips.

Suspect the answer to my last question is going to be no. 
  • Fair play to Deliveroo, they’ve already credited my account with the £14.98. Considering we only ordered as we had a £7 discount so only paid out £8 in first place, I think is more than reasonable.

safe to say won’t be recommending BBQ Express in Welling to too many people
  • Use just eat all the time, one occasion I had to complain when my kebab was on the cooler side of warm. They delivered a replacement within five minutes of my complaint, sadly for me I’d already eaten one after warming it through in the microwave. 🤮
  • Shocking that these companies has be so awful, we have a few delivery Companies here, 美团 being the biggest and they're almost never late. 

In fact for the rare occasion the delivery is late the app has a built in refund.
  • I've used deliveroo and uber eats. Both are terrible. Always late by at least 15mins. When ordering KFC or McDonald's in particular the food is always cold, drinks often spilt and 50% of the time I don't get everything I've ordered.
  • I've used deliveroo and uber eats. Both are terrible. Always late by at least 15mins. When ordering KFC or McDonald's in particular the food is always cold, drinks often spilt and 50% of the time I don't get everything I've ordered.
    It’s because the drivers who pick up the good have to queue like everyone else. There is no collection counter in these places. 

If queue is big, some drivers won’t wait because it wastes their time and costs them money. So a new driver has to be found. 

Even if the driver does wait, he has to wait in a queue, hence cold food. 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    I've used deliveroo and uber eats. Both are terrible. Always late by at least 15mins. When ordering KFC or McDonald's in particular the food is always cold, drinks often spilt and 50% of the time I don't get everything I've ordered.
    It’s because the drivers who pick up the good have to queue like everyone else. There is no collection counter in these places. 

If queue is big, some drivers won’t wait because it wastes their time and costs them money. So a new driver has to be found. 

Why would queuing to order food make it cold?
  • Used deliveroo dozens of times in Islington, over 500 restaurants and delivery time has always been quicker than advertised. On the two occasions something has gone wrong I’ve been refunded so no complaints here. 
  • for people too lazy to cook a proper meal
  • I made an extremely good mushroom soup the previous night! I like to choose when to be lazy :p
  • Uber Eats McDs is great for the hangover from hell like I have RIGHT NOW
  • stonemuse said:
    I've used deliveroo and uber eats. Both are terrible. Always late by at least 15mins. When ordering KFC or McDonald's in particular the food is always cold, drinks often spilt and 50% of the time I don't get everything I've ordered.

Why would queuing to order food make it cold?
    It’s prepared when ordered so is just sitting at the counter until collected 
  • Maybe this relates to the getting older thread but why would anyone get McD’s delivered I don’t get it.
  • Nug said:
    Maybe this relates to the getting older thread but why would anyone get McD’s delivered I don’t get it.
    Probably the novelty. I don’t eat McDs but I’d imagine it doesn’t transport well and you don’t order it a second time! Although it helps if you’re pretty close by. 

Some places are well prepped for Deliveroo, like Home Burger, whose boxes are designed to keep stuff warm, and Five Guys tell you how to reheat their fries if they go cold. 
  • It really depends on the location of the restaurants.

For me, ordering anything from Just East or Deliveroo from Orpington High Street and it turns up hot and on time.

Order from any of the restaurants in Petts Wood (bar Uskudar) then guaranteed the restaurant will be waiting for a delivery driver and the order eventually gets cancelled.

In all honesty, its easier to order and pick up yourself.  Just take an insulated picnic bag with you.