Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phrases you hate

Comments

• Options
    Hello “Boss”

How you doing “Boss”

Hi “Boss”

Employ a lot of people but no one calls me “Boss” - other than this one bloke who says it all of the time to me. Good guy as well. 

Proper pisses me off.

On hindsight and all that said, after 9 years with me, probably should have broached the subject with him.....duh - shit Boss 🙄

• Options
    People that use the word "Literally" in every other sentence when it has no purpose. "I was literally shitting myself" Sometimes interspersed with"Like" which is equally as useless. "Like I thought like I was having a really shit day" or "You know what I mean like, I was like, literally having a mare like, I mean like, I was, god's honest truth, literally."

These people do exist.
    But hopefully not for much longer. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    "Hopefully" is almost always misused. It means "in a hopeful manner", not "I hope".
    I hope you've got that.
    Literally makes my blood boil. Hopefully people will get the message, but the proof is in the pudding.
  • Options
    Buddy. Chap. Used to me, not about me.

"Alright chap?"

You unmitigated tosser.
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    "I'm entitled to my opinion" Said by people when denying a blatant fact

"Banter" Said by Lad Bible divs, used to excuse racism, homophobia and sexism

'Chav' is another one, it's 2020 ffs
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    UEAAddick said:

Chavs are still (sadly) alive and kicking.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    UEAAddick said:
    UEAAddick said:

Chavs are still (sadly) alive and kicking.
    It's a classist term used to demonise anyone who is working class
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "That's so Brexit"
  • Options
    Hat
    "The proof is in the pudding."

You know who you are.

JiMMy 85 said:
    People that use lastminute.com within a sentence about how they've not organised something they should have organised earlier. 

eg> 'i'm so lastminute.com' 

You're just $hit and a $hitter human being for saying that line. 
    Any use of an advertising slogan in conversation can fuck off. Simples, should have gone to specsavers etc. 

• Options
    Like what it says on the tin.
  • Options
    Often to be heard coming from the mouths of both football pundits and the idiot Jake Humphrey.  Just a word but to start every sentence with either Look or Listen just grates.  Doesn't it Rio?  Look, we need to assume they all went to the same speaking coach.  Listen, it doesn't improve the importance or accuracy of what you are saying:  it merely makes you sound like a fool.  I needed to draw this to your attention so you can all suffer as I do.

Now, on to different to.  No one would say similar from, so why do they say different to?  Even Americans manage to grasp this, although they frequently use than rather than from.

Finally, data;  the word is the plural of datum.  So, all BBC journos and whoever writes the BBC website news, it is not alright to say the data is indicating....  Not one BBC journo would say the World Cup stadia is nearly finished.  They know that the word stadia is the plural form of stadium.  How can they not know about data?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Oriental.  It often causes offence when the term Oriental is used to describe a person of East Asian race.
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:

Banter = racism,homophobia and sexism? 
    Fuck me we may as well all stop talking each other
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    UEAAddick said:

Banter = racism,homophobia and sexism? 
    Fuck me we may as well all stop talking each other
    You might want to re-read that and see what was actually said.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I have re read it? Seems to me he said banter is a word used by divs to excuse racism , homophobia and sexism.
    Banter is banter
  • Options
    'I believe'

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He/she’s not in a good place
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    He/she’s not in a good place
    I said that to someone at Millwall once - I’m not in a good place. 

Also, been heard as a fish pun at fish & chip shops
  • Options
    "I feel" when talking about factual situations, for example, "I feel global warming is going to lead to chaos".  I don't care what your emotions tell you, I want to know what you're thinking.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oriental.  It often causes offence when the term Oriental is used to describe a person of East Asian race.
    Can you explain why it does, @Dazzler21?

As far as I'm aware, oriental simply means 'from the east', but I appreciate there must be cultural sensitivities associated with this word.

• Options
    Journey seems to be used quite a lot.

People talking about their lives or careers, 'it's been quite a journey'.
  • Options
    Are you in yet?
  • Options
    Wowsers!

Just grow up
  • Options
    We move on.
  • Options
    There’s still three days of the window left, the prices will surely go down, let’s wait and see. Chip anyone?