Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Betting Thread 19/20

Comments

• Had a good day,  Goals Galore, 3 groups of 4 games as fourfolds, 8 folds and all 12 (which was 688/1). Bloody QPR only one wrong. Plus these.
  • Had a 10 fold BTTS... £2 stake £567 returns.
    Tranmere was the only one to let me down...
    Thought that game (Bolton/Tranmere) was a banker.
    Never mind though, hopefully next week will be the one.
    Congrats to all you CharltonLifers who won 👍
  • Uboat said:
    For a small time gambler like me it's mind boggling how much some people bet/win. If I lost a tenner I'd probably walk into a lake. 
    I’d take losing (only) a tenner as a positive the way my luck has been.
  • Blimey
    11/2 against stoke 
  • Charlton to beat Stoke btts 10/1!?!
  • Have to laugh at today's Racing Post and their recommendations for tonight's Bristol City v Birmingham match - both in the same article:

Best bet - Birmingham or draw double chance
    Second opinion - Bristol City

No doubt tomorrow they will be highlighting the Birmingham win in big bold letters and the 8/11 they managed to secure in the process!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Charlton to beat Stoke btts 10/1!?!
    Just take the 6/1 to win
  • Charlton 6/4 double chance win or draw. 

With best win at 6/1 and draw at 16/5 . So if you fancy us to get a result what’s best.

£20 double chance profit £30 at 6/4
    £8 win at 6/1. Profit £26 at 6/1
    £12 Draw at 16/5 Profit £30.40p

so the double chance is the best option if you have a divided opinion. No money to be made by splitting your money. 

With best win at 6/1 and draw at 16/5 . So if you fancy us to get a result what’s best.

so the double chance is the best option if you have a divided opinion. No money to be made by splitting your money. 

The £8 on the win returns £56 so the profit is actually £36. You could guarantee a profit of £32.50 by splitting your stakes between the two selections:

£7.50 @ 6/1 returns £52.50 
    £12,50 @ 16/5 returns £52.50

• Sponsored links:

The £8 on the win returns £56 so the profit is actually £36. You could guarantee a profit of £32.50 by splitting your stakes between the two selections:

£7.50 @ 6/1 returns £52.50 
    £12,50 @ 16/5 returns £52.50

Yes... for some reason I changed the stake from £20 to £30 you are correct
  • Played us small stakes to win, Taylor to score and 2/1 or 3/1

Coventry, Exeter, Doncaster treble
    Pboro, Wycombe Crewe treble. And all 6.

bigger price fancies.  Southend 9/2 Plymouth 2/1 and Barnsley 7/4

• edited February 2020
    Knew I should not have included us in the accy but odds seemed too attractive.
  • Knew I should not have included us in the accy but odds seemed too attractive.
    Yep. Very poor day for me. 
  • One goal again let me down on my Over 1.5 goals bet. Luton/Cardiff. £365 😔
  • Played us small stakes to win, Taylor to score and 2/1 or 3/1

Coventry, Exeter, Doncaster treble
    Pboro, Wycombe Crewe treble. And all 6.

bigger price fancies.  Southend 9/2 Plymouth 2/1 and Barnsley 7/4

Made a profit... But Doncaster cost me the big payout. 
  • So we were 6/1 to win at Stoke. We turn or actually we don’t turn up, do feck all and look shit in one of worse performances of the season. So following that the bookies make us a shorter price 5/1 to win at high flying Notts Forest.  WHY ?

so leaving us out tonight.

colchester and Bradford double main bet,

Exeter an Colchester double and an all 4. 
  • So we were 6/1 to win at Stoke. We turn or actually we don’t turn up, do feck all and look shit in one of worse performances of the season. So following that the bookies make us a shorter price 5/1 to win at high flying Notts Forest.  WHY ?

so leaving us out tonight.

Back Forest it's buying money
  • I try not to bet on Charltone, unless the bookies have marked us way off eg. Barnsley IMO , I am happy to bet against us creating the win/win scenario (tonight forest), others don't think you should but I always thing bet against and worse case I win a bet... always prefer Charlton to win no matter how much that is for.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    Well, with almost the entire squad available and a sold out home support, are we seeing a return to our early season form. The win against Forest was a positive and shows that if you lose 4or5 first team members it can really hurt. We have had that and more for months, so as they are getting back to match fitness, I think the 21/10 for home win is value. I shall be investing £100.

Today’s investments.

Coventry, Grimsby, Swindon treble
    Preston, Portsmouth, Notts County treble. An all 6

bigger prices... Plymouth an Port Vale Double

An worth using BET365 as they pay out if you go two up. Would have saved the squeaky bum time against Barnsley. 
  • There's value in us for the time being as we are back to having a top six quality side though the bookies haven't cottoned on yet.
  • IdleHans said:
    There's value in us for the time being as we are back to having a top six quality side though the bookies haven't cottoned on yet.
    That's what I thought, to my cost. 
  • 12.5/1 double with  Betfred on Hull and Wet Spam to both get relegated, what you reckon CharltonLifers?
  • Uboat said:
    IdleHans said:
    There's value in us for the time being as we are back to having a top six quality side though the bookies haven't cottoned on yet.
    That's what I thought, to my cost. 
    To my cost also. Oh well. Will never learn...

• Only just discovered Beat The Drop on betfair.

I'm on question 3 with my £1000 still intact. Anybody else had any luck with this?

• edited February 2020
    stackitsteve said:

Excellent for my preseason bet.
    Vardy and Mitrovic top scorer double, they’ve both scored hat tricks in the last 3 days
    Both still top of the scoring charts but Vardy hasn't bagged a goal since before Christmas and its beginning to piss me off  :D
  • edited March 2020
    Looking lower down for value this weekend, and a couple of things stand out to me:
    Harrogate to beat Bromley @ 1.9
    Solihull Moors to win at Fylde @ 2.9
    2 points on the first, one on the second, and 3 on the double. Also a treble with Halifax to beat Woking @ 2.55 and throw in Wealdstone to beat dulwich at a further 1.5. 20/1 for the four.

• Derby 33/1 for a top 6 finish... they’re only 8 points away... Rooney era just begun and they will recruit further. I’ve had £50 on it 
    No cash out on this unfortunately... but looking good. 
  • Derby 33/1 for a top 6 finish... they’re only 8 points away... Rooney era just begun and they will recruit further. I’ve had £50 on it 
    No cash out on this unfortunately... but looking good. 
    You seen there next 5 games all teams in the top 6

Forest H
    West Brom A
    Brentford H
    Cardiff A
    Leeds H