Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Captain Tom Moore (ed. RIP)

edited February 2021 in Not Sports Related
I’m not sure how this works but if your kids would like to send a birthday card to Tom 

Comments

• Bbc should of thought about this
  • The post office is going to be busy! Maybe not such a good idea....

He's raised over £12m now though, incredible,
  • What an absolute legend.
  • clb74 said:
    Bbc should of thought about this
    Indeed.
    The original idea was for a virtual card to be shared on social media not posted to him.
  • edited April 2020
    What a lovely amazing man.

I've just watched him doing his final laps and then singing 'you'll never walk alone' with Michael Ball, brought tears to my eyes. 
  • Nice idea about the birthday card but what are the chances of him catching Coronavirus from a card?
  • A true legend. Just saw him complete his final laps of the garden. Very special moment to watch 
  • Can someone amend the thread title to give him his proper name of Captain?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he would prefer the money spent on a card and stamp be donated. We should be demanding he gets a knighthood instead. I'm sure there won't be much opposition to that.
  • I think he would prefer the money spent on a card and stamp be donated. We should be demanding he gets a knighthood instead. I'm sure there won't be much opposition to that.
    I really don't think there will be any need for people to demand that - it is an absolute given.

• edited April 2020
    I have just emailed the cabinet office to see if they can look into granting some kind of honour, my suggestion was a Knighthood.

I used this email 

honours@cabinetoffice.gov.uk
  • I too have been moved to tears.
    Like my late father he served in India and tellingly Burma in the second world war.
    Humbling.
  • red10 said:
    I have just emailed the cabinet office to see if they can look into granting some kind of honour, my suggestion was a Knighthood.
    Ditto.

Email address for anyone else who wants to flood their inbox:
    publiccorrespondence@cabinetoffice.gov.uk
  • Could we change the thread title to Sir Captain Tom Moore. An honoury CL knighthood is the least we can do.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Given all the sporting cancellations this year, surely he's got to be nailed on for winning SPOTY as well.
    He’s on the bench for your lot when the season starts, so yes why not? 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Could we change the thread title to Sir Captain Tom Moore. An honoury CL knighthood is the least we can do.
    It would be Captain Sir Tom Moore.
    It would be Captain Sir Tom Moore.
    I stand corrected
  • Many people would pleased if Captain Tom was formally honoured and it is hard to think of a more obvious or deserving candidate.
  • Greenie said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Given all the sporting cancellations this year, surely he's got to be nailed on for winning SPOTY as well.
    He’s on the bench for your lot when the season starts, so yes why not? 😀
    Why should he settle for a place on the bench when he could get a full 90 mins week in week out for us? 
  • Going to the pharmacy. You basically have to stand several meters away and shout your symptoms at them. Bit embarrassing when buying a nit comb, though I've got to say that lead to everyone social distancing from me more than they did when they could assume I had a deadly virus! 

Took ages, as they first spent 10 minutes looking for a prescription for "Nick Holme"
  • £13.5m now. Incredible. 
  • A knighthood is a ludicrous suggestion.

I doubt Tom his kissed Establishment arse in his life!
  • Apparently he lived in Gravesend for a while and got married at Gravesend Registry Office.
  • Living Legend!