Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Anyone seen much of Pulev?

Pretty decent record
  • Anyone seen much of Pulev?

Pretty decent record
    I watched the fight against Chizora. 
    A pretty good fighter and will come to have a go.
  • Painful watching Scott Quigg tonight 
  • Briedis vs Dorticos - 21st March too
  • Just rewatched the Klitcko Vs Pulev fight, and to say that Pulev is hittable would be something of an understatement 0 got knocked down 5-6 times in five rounds, all by big left hooks.

Five years later at 37, I can hardly see him being any better.
  • Some big fights coming up in the next few months.

Inoue vs Casimero: April 25th
    Canelo vs Saunders: May 2nd
    Whyte vs Povetkin: May 2nd
    Lomachenko vs Lopez: May 30th
    Usyk vs Chisora: May 30th
    Joshua vs Pulev: June 20th
    Pacquiao vs Garcia: July 11th
    Fury vs Wilder 3: July 18th

I've got tickets for the Whyte/Povetkin fight - should be a real tear up with a lot of inside work and body punching being the order of the day.

Katie Taylor v Amanda Serrano on the undercard - I can't think of a bigger fight in the history of women's boxing and a tough one to call.
  • Briedis vs Dorticos - 21st March too
    I'm heading out to Riga for this. Can't wait!
  • Canelo v GGG III scheduled in for 12 September. I'm not as excited about this as perhaps I should be. Can't see past Canelo on points.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    Canelo v GGG III scheduled in for 12 September. I'm not as excited about this as perhaps I should be. Can't see past Canelo on points.
    What is the point in this fight?
  • Croydon said:
    Briedis vs Dorticos - 21st March too
    Dorticos by KO :) 
  • McBobbin said:
    Canelo v GGG III scheduled in for 12 September. I'm not as excited about this as perhaps I should be. Can't see past Canelo on points.

Wonder how that will effect BJS. The May date is likely to be postponed, can't see it being rescheduled too far ahead if this trilogy is to be believed.

If anything, I struggle to believe this trilogy. I think the public appetite for this fight has diminished.

• Cosmin said:
    Croydon said:
    Fight's been postponed until May, though that may be ambitious.
  • Croydon said:
    Cosmin said:
    Croydon said:
    Fight's been postponed until May, though that may be ambitious.
    Yes , i know... actually is a very good fight . 
    I fancy Dorticos by KO , but I don’t sleep on Briedis , he’s a very good fighter.
    i think he gave Usyk the hardest fight of his career.
  • I see BJS is in trouble for posting a video showing how to punch women during lockdown. 

I'm sure it was meant as a joke, but still really stupid. 

He's a fantastic boxer, but my god he's thick as shit!!
  • Next he'll be asking some bird to give him a blowey for some coke........oh hold on.
  • I see BJS is in trouble for posting a video showing how to punch women during lockdown. 

I'm sure it was meant as a joke, but still really stupid. 

He's a fantastic boxer, but my god he's thick as shit!!
    Seemed to go to a lot of trouble in that video if it was a joke.

Absolute moron.
  • He's been suspended.

Hasn't he just got in a load of shit for calling an airline to tell them his mates on the plane had the virus? What a helmet.
  • I’m reading a 900 page tome with the most descriptive boxing I’ve ever read.  It was a toss up whether I included this in “Books I’m Reading” or this boxing thread.  It’s not a book about boxing - it’s more about apartheid - but boxing is a strong thread running through the story.

From the lead up to the big fights to the weighin - the preliminaries to the fight itself and the aftermath it’s riveting reading.  By the time the fight starts you are on the edge of your seat waiting for the fight to start.

The book is “Tandia” by Bryce Courtenay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yea, world title heavyweight boxing coming to NZ!

There’s talk of #3 Tyson Fury v Wilder coming to Auckland in October or November given the covid situation in the usual venues.  45,000 could squeeze into Eden Park, an open air venue usually home to rugby and cricket.  Sydney and China are other possibilities.
  • I read it could be on Christmas Day? Bonkers if so. Can’t see it happening.

i am missing boxing though, watched ufc on the weekend but it’s just not the same for me. 
  • edited June 2020

Fury has just announced an agreement has been made for a 2-fight deal with him and AJ for next year, as long as he gets through Wilder again.

Wonder how Dillian Whyte feels about this? He's been screwed over again by the sounds of it.

• Oh yes cannot wait to see Tyson box that mugs head off. 

You and me both mate, especially given AJs recent comments which I really didn’t like at all, but I think I’ll save that for the House of Commoners thread if I dare post there. 
    This 

You and me both mate, especially given AJs recent comments which I really didn’t like at all, but I think I’ll save that for the House of Commoners thread if I dare post there. 
    I’ve never liked him, always said it on this thread. I just find him a massive hypocrite. Didn’t mind taking a pay check in Saudi Arabia, famous for its human rights record.

Anyway, think TF is a class above him.
  • This is Joshua cashing out. 

Fury is all wrong for him, in fact anyone who moves is all wrong for Joshua 
  • Carter said:
    This is Joshua cashing out. 

Fury is all wrong for him, in fact anyone who moves is all wrong for Joshua 

Both of them cashing out I would suggest - and nothing wrong with that.
    In my view, as of now, Whyte beats them both!
  • Interesting to see that Daniel Kinahan has had such a big role in bringing this together.

If it was suggested that Katrien Meire did some work on clearing references to her through Google, his requirements would be on a whole different scale.