Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Pleased for Fury, used to hate him but he's earned so much respect over the last few years.
  • Yes!!! The gypsy king did it. Absolutely buzzing.
  • Great tow up to, will have to try and find it online now!
  • surely Fury AJ has to be at Wembley or Spurs, not in the US or Middle East 
    IF the fight happens they are likely to get double, even triple the money to fight in Saudi than they would in London according to Hearn so I can’t see it being anywhere else tbh. 
  • Just caught up with the fight. One way traffic. I reckon the ear I jury had a big part to play as well, but Fury was spot on
  • In boxing isn't there a rematch clause despite how one sided that was? Joshua fight not scheduled, could potentially never happen. Is Whyte still ultimate undisputed diamond number one WBC contender, or does he have another 3 fights to win for that title?
  • edited February 2020
    I don't think Wilder has anywhere to go other than to retire or have a re-match. I can understand why it may not be the best financial draw after this fight, but Wilder has the option.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    Great tow up to, will have to try and find it online now!
    https://youtu.be/-DEZZpQ6Sd8
  • Why wouldn’t Wilder want a rematch. It’s the only card he holds now. He has nothing to offer any Champion taking a risk getting in with a big hitter. Boxers are confident by nature and even now will think he has a chance. He does. A punchers chance. Unless the rematch clause isn’t watertight I’m sure it will happen. Fury has no need of it. 
    IF the fight happens they are likely to get double, even triple the money to fight in Saudi than they would in London according to Hearn so I can’t see it being anywhere else tbh. 
    Yeah I get that but I think financially they’d still survive!!
  • LenGlover said:
    What's Wilder's chin like?

Fury has won quite a few by knockout (I know we are not necessarily talking world class with those) but tends to box rather than punch. I suspect he might surprise us if he actually tries punching as I'm not convinced Wilder has a strong chin.
    Nice to get something right for once.

Doesn't happen often!
  • Well done Tyson Fury.
  • It just goes to show how wrong one can be at times.
    When Tyson Fury first came on the scene I more or less dismissed him as a bit of a five minute wonder. It certainly took me longer than most to sit up and take notice of him but he’s completely won me over as being far far and away a better boxer than I could possibly have realised.
    I’m still surprised every time I see him in the ring as he doesn’t really look the part, if you know what I mean..............and long may his career continue.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Pleased for Fury, used to hate him but he's earned so much respect over the last few years.
    That’s how I feel. Used to think he was just an idiot but his boxing is superb. So effective if not spectacular 
  • Had this score before his own corner stopped it. Fury does not even look tired. Not at all surprised, I thought it would be Fury by KO or TKO.
    Fury    10  9  10  10  9  10 10  68
    Wilder  9  10  8    9   8   9  9    62

Exactly how I had it and I imagine the judges as well probably.

One thing that did stand out for me was Bayless performance. Every clinch he was more aggressive with Fury and I felt he was giving Wilder breathers by letting him step back and talk to Fury, when Fury was taking it to him he gave Wilder a huge breather also docked Fury a point. Deffo was some bias in the ref there but fortunately boxing won and Fury completely outclassed him.

No interest in AJ Vs Fury in Vegas. It has to be at Wembley, the belts belong here, both fighters were made here and it should be settled here. Bollocks to America 
  • edited February 2020
    Hearn wants it in Saudi Arabia for the £££ 

Needs to be at Wembley but can't see it happening. Expect a Hearn lowball offer and then a claim that Fury doesn't want the fight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Had this score before his own corner stopped it. Fury does not even look tired. Not at all surprised, I thought it would be Fury by KO or TKO.

One thing that did stand out for me was Bayless performance. Every clinch he was more aggressive with Fury and I felt he was giving Wilder breathers by letting him step back and talk to Fury, when Fury was taking it to him he gave Wilder a huge breather also docked Fury a point. Deffo was some bias in the ref there but fortunately boxing won and Fury completely outclassed him.

No interest in AJ Vs Fury in Vegas. It has to be at Wembley, the belts belong here, both fighters were made here and it should be settled here. Bollocks to America 
    American referees and judges in bias shock.

When it happens it will follow the money. World title boxing is not an amateur sport.
  • Something seemed wrong with Wilder from the very start, he just didnt seem up for it. However, fair play to Fury, he showed Wilder up to be the poor boxer he is. If Wilder can't land the big bombs he has no plan B & Fury used his superior boxing skills to take him apart.  Fury is the best boxer in the division by a long way & if he keeps his mind right and retains the hunger, he'll be champion for a long time
  • Would a rematch have to come before a possible bout against Joshua?
  • To add insult to injury Wilder has to take his fancy dress outfit back to the costume shop.
  • What a Performance! 

Aj will have to defend against pulev first, might also be called to another mandatory defence?... Fury/wilder rematch in june... so possibly October/November fury aj? Assume it would need to be in cardiff/spurs (or saudi as hearn has said, although warren will have something to say now)... 
  • Hearn wants it in Saudi Arabia for the £££ 

Needs to be at Wembley but can't see it happening. Expect a Hearn lowball offer and then a claim that Fury doesn't want the fight. 
    Given that Fury has gone to Germany to fight Klitschko and the US twice to fight Wilder, absolutely nobody would believe Hearn if he tried to claim that Fury doesn't want a fight with Joshua.