Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Ziyech and Werner are signing for Chelsea, Pjanic and Arthur are swapping between Juventus and Barcelona respectively, Arsenal have announced they are signing Cedric and Mari on permanent deals, anything else happened so far? 

Comments

• Surely Taylors new club will be announced 1st July? 
  • I have not heard of any of them
  • Icardi at PSG, Emre Can at Dortmund and Morata at Atletico are all joining permanently after their loan spells. Chelsea are actually getting more for Morata than they've paid for Werner so it's great business for them.

Man City have signed a Brazilian full back (Yan Couto) who was a star at last years U17 World cup.

Helder Costa is joining Leeds from Wolves for 15m, which makes their promotion even more critical. 
  • I have not heard of any of them
    Ziyech is Ajax' best player for the past 2/3 seasons IMO, Werner is RB Leipzigs top scorer and one of the best strikers in Europe right now, Pjanic has been a mainstay in Serie A for the best part of a decade now, at Roma and then Juventus, rated in the top 50 players in the world last year and has 92 caps for Bosnia, and Arthur is a Brazilian central midfielder who's spent 2 years at Barca. Cedric is the Portuguese right back who played for Southampton and has a Euro 2016 winners medal. 

Surprised you've heard of none of them, only Mari is the relative unknown there
  • I though Arthur was a spiv who drank in the Winchester Club?
  • Icardi at PSG, Emre Can at Dortmund and Morata at Atletico are all joining permanently after their loan spells. Chelsea are actually getting more for Morata than they've paid for Werner so it's great business for them.

Man City have signed a Brazilian full back (Yan Couto) who was a star at last years U17 World cup.

Helder Costa is joining Leeds from Wolves for 15m, which makes their promotion even more critical. 
    It’s the way Leeds have done business for a while. They’ve got the same type of deal lined up for Augustin but that’s an option they may not actually take up due to his inability to stay fit and get used to Bielsa’s training methods.

Leeds probably need another 10 points from their last 7 to get promoted. They’ll then do their business as early as possible so have likely got a few lined up already. 
  • Ben White has been a key player for Leeds (on loan from Brighton), it'll be interesting what happens to him in the summer
  • Our old player Regan Charles- Cook has left the Gills to join Ross County.
  • dickplumb said:
    Our old player Regan Charles- Cook has left the Gills to join Ross County.
    Still only 23, could be playing against Aribo and Taylor next season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    dickplumb said:
    Our old player Regan Charles- Cook has left the Gills to join Ross County.
    If I’d had to spend any time in Gillingham I’d probably be tempted to move to the Scottish highlands too. 
    Must be the reason why it's good to have wheels on your house 😉.
  • Sané to Bayern Munich, very unsurprising, he's been rumoured to go there since last summer
  • Blimey, Milan aren't the club they used to be if Burnley squad players are their level now...
  • Hakimi (who has been on loan at Dortmund for the past 2 seasons) will join Inter Milan from Real Madrid next season.
    Inter also set to complete on Tonali from Brescia, a cracking defensive midfielder.
  • Hakimi (who has been on loan at Dortmund for the past 2 seasons) will join Inter Milan from Real Madrid next season.
    Inter also set to complete on Tonali from Brescia, a cracking defensive midfielder.
    2 good signings.

A step up when you consider that Ashley Young and Victor Moses both play for Inter Milan.
  • sam3110 said:
    Sané to Bayern Munich, very unsurprising, he's been rumoured to go there since last summer
    Only surprise is the price, £54m is being quoted.
  • sam3110 said:
    Sané to Bayern Munich, very unsurprising, he's been rumoured to go there since last summer
    He has the potential to become one of the best players in the world imo.
  • Stephy Mavididi has left Juventus and joined Montpellier for 5.5m
  • edited July 2020
    Mallik Wilks has joined Hull from Barnsley on a permanent deal 

Also means he is eligible to finish the season at Hull
  • Sponsored links:

• Mallik Wilks has joined Hull from Barnsley on a permanent deal 

that's a surprise, he's better than League One …..

That is highly disappointing. Can't they just give up? :(

Slightly surprised Barnsley didn't take him back rather than letting a relegation rival keep a player

Slightly surprised Barnsley didn't take him back rather than letting a relegation rival keep a player
    There was a buyout in his loan apparently 
  • Wilks was due for his court hearing in May, that seems to have been delayed again. It’s the reason Leeds got rid and his attitude at Barnsley couldn’t have been too good.

Thanks, that makes sense then. Surprised it was such a last minute deal and announcement that he was playing tonight

How he can play still for Hull surely the loan deal is finished as of the 30th then is transferred to Hull on a permanent basis on the 1st. 

I can understand if the loan deal was extended but not in a permanent transfer scenario. 

How he can play still for Hull surely the loan deal is finished as of the 30th then is transferred to Hull on a permanent basis on the 1st. 

I can understand if the loan deal was extended but not in a permanent transfer scenario. 
    Yeah I don't understand that myself all I can think is they have announced it is a permanent but thats mot gonna go through until the season ends and they have paid Barnsley extra to extend the loan but both clubs have agreed to keep that quiet, thats all I can think really, but if Wilks keeps Hull up at the expense of Barnsley it will look a terrible decision from them 
  • Be funny if he plays tonight and Hull win, their fans start celebrating a win and it turns out he was ineligible and they are now facing a points deduction lol

Agreed... Surely Werner should be allowed to play for Chelsea if this is the case - Unless of course Barnsley didnt put anything in writing over the refusal to continue the loan deal and that has now been extended the same way we've extended Cullen's loan for example