Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Championship games

Comments

• Options

If Barnsley don't win tomorrow, they're relegated anyway.

• Options
    Even the pundits are wondering if Leeds will go easy on us...

• Options
    Even the pundits are wondering if Leeds will go easy on us...

Surely it should be the other way round: will Charlton go easy on Leeds?!

In the last ten meetings between the clubs the Addicks have triumphed six times and lost only once.

Our last defeat at Elland Road was 20 years ago, in October 2000. Since then we've had three wins and five draws.
  • Options
    My shit theory to add in to the mix 
    League are gonna bend Wednesday over and shaft with 20pt deduction or something big big .
    Now with Wigan 3rd bottom on 46 , wednesdays fixture with Boro  is a dead rubber so they can now announce it because they didn’t want to announce it earlier and Wednesday could have not been competitive in their remaining fixtures so the EFL acted in the best interest of their competition.
    sounds feasible , so no fucking chance 
  • Options
    League are gonna bend Wednesday over and shaft with 20pt deduction or something big big .
    Now with Wigan 3rd bottom on 46 , wednesdays fixture with Boro  is a dead rubber so they can now announce it because they didn’t want to announce it earlier and Wednesday could have not been competitive in their remaining fixtures so the EFL acted in the best interest of their competition.
    Is this your theory or have you heard similar to what i heard? Didnt want to post anything as we are all on edge as it is
  • Options
    Is this your theory or have you heard similar to what i heard? Didnt want to post anything as we are all on edge as it is
    This is my theory on trying to work out why they would not announce Wednesdays punishment earlier when they were happy to announce Wigan’s 
  • Options
    Come on Orpington don’t nutdown , what have you heard and where from please 
  • Options
    I've heard they are going to halve the Wigan deduction, but that was from a scum fan at the cricket club, so probably bollox.
  • Options
    This is my theory on trying to work out why they would not announce Wednesdays punishment earlier when they were happy to announce Wigan’s 
    There's a big difference: administration is a definite event, it's either happened or it hasn't, there's no grey area.

The punishment for going into administration is well-known: 12 points.

It's also set out in the rules and regs when that penalty will be applied: with immediate effect if it occurs before some date towards the end of March (the old transfer deadline day, last Thursday in March?) otherwise it is deferred to the end of the season and held over to the following year if the club has already been relegated.

Wednesday's case is different in that there's a case to answer. The punishment for when they're found guilty is also on a sliding scale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your theory actually sounds plausible not shit. What i heard is Weds have been given a pts deduction, like you say, more than Wigan who went in to admin so they are appealing on those grounds as unfair in addition to the previous appeal. Other League clubs are aware and want a decision made before final fixtures or some clubs may refuse to play.
    This came from someone at another London club not us and was over 24hrs ago 
    Still has an effect if they announce before the final game though. Luton may put their feet up at Fulham for example if they know they are not going down.
  • Options
    Your theory actually sounds plausible not shit. What i heard is Weds have been given a pts deduction, like you say, more than Wigan who went in to admin so they are appealing on those grounds as unfair in addition to the previous appeal. Other League clubs are aware and want a decision made before final fixtures or some clubs may refuse to play.
    This came from someone at another London club not us and was over 24hrs ago 
    Still has an effect if they announce before the final game though. Luton may put their feet up at Fulham for example if they know they are not going down.
    Luton have got Blackburn who have nothing to play for and Luton can be caught by Wigan who have Fulham at home and are currently 3rd bottom 
  • Options
    I've heard they are going to halve the Wigan deduction, but that was from a scum fan at the cricket club, so probably bollox.
    The comments from the Wigan manager after the game yesterday pretty much suggest they know their appeal will be rejected.

@LouisMend also posted on twitter saying he spoke to a Wigan official who confirmed they weren't at all hopeful.

Regardless of how/why they've gone into administration, the fact is they have, so there's not really much ground for an appeal there.
  • Options
    That's actually the most plausible theory I've heard. Would make a lot of sense. 
  • Options
    Leeds have made several changes for their game at Derby today. Hopefully it will be the same Wednesday
  • Options
    Love the amount of Derby fans getting wound up by this when they've spent the last year taking the piss over Leeds for the Play-Offs
  • Options
    Leeds have made several changes for their game at Derby today. Hopefully it will be the same Wednesday
    Suggests to me that they'll go back to their regular line up against us, unfortunately. 
  • Options
    I reckon the opposite.....they have to play us & our game means something. Today's means nothing as Derby can't now get into the play-offs. Leess can rest players & play the fringe players. If only WBA or Brentford  hadn't had lost over the weekend.

Its just our fucking luck....not even the top teams do us any favours.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Suggests to me that they'll go back to their regular line up against us, unfortunately. 
    Or they'll just continue to rotate to give fringe players an opportunity

Its a shame as bet we'd have seen Lewis Page on Wednesday had our future been secured
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds' reserves look decent anyway. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Talal said:
    Leeds' reserves look decent anyway. 
    Meh... Let me know when one of the players or Bielsa is seen staggering around drinking from a champagne bottle

Hopefully it'll be one of the defenders accidentally taking Casilla out whilst they try to clear the ball with the bottle 
  • Options
    No Samba in goal for forest

Woodrow dropped for Barnsley 
  • Options
    They don't seem to be suffering much of a hangover based on the first half an hour 
  • Options
    No Samba in goal for forest

Woodrow dropped for Barnsley 
    Surprised Barnsley have done that
  • Options
    I reckon the opposite.....they have to play us & our game means something. Today's means nothing as Derby can't now get into the play-offs. Leess can rest players & play the fringe players. If only WBA or Brentford  hadn't had lost over the weekend.

Its just our fucking luck....not even the top teams do us any favours.
    If they had won then Fulham would have nothing riding on Wigan game
  • Options
    Early pressure from Barnsley

No faith in the officials though after a Barnsley player clearly ran the ball out of play yet no throw in got given
  • Options
    Early pressure from Barnsley

No faith in the officials though after a Barnsley player clearly ran the ball out of play yet no throw in got given
    Is it on TV?