Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• bobmunro said:
    Carter said:
    This is Joshua cashing out. 

Fury is all wrong for him, in fact anyone who moves is all wrong for Joshua 

Both of them cashing out I would suggest - and nothing wrong with that.
    In my view, as of now, Whyte beats them both!
    Controversial... But they would be immense. Whyte deserves a chance
  • bobmunro said:
    Carter said:
    This is Joshua cashing out. 

Fury is all wrong for him, in fact anyone who moves is all wrong for Joshua 

Both of them cashing out I would suggest - and nothing wrong with that.
    In my view, as of now, Whyte beats them both!
    Also the top 2 fighting each other have we forgotten?! worlds gone mad 
  • Agree whyte wins though. I’d rather whyte goes to the ufc and wins the title. As hard as it will be against the grappler. I reckon whyte has a great base. Much better story and legacy going forward in time 
  • Queensbury state nothing agreed as of yet 

• edited June 2020

https://www.frankwarren.com/frank-warren-brings-boxing-back-with-three-british-title-fights/

Uncle Frank bringing back some UK boxing.

First show on July 10th at BT Studios which will see Brad Foster defend his British Title. I really enjoyed his rematch with Lucien Reid so will be good to see him out again.

Two other shows announced but no confirmed dates on those.

Cacace vs Woodstock is another good fight which will be on one of those shows . I'm really invested in super-feather division because of my mate Archie Sharp, interested to see how that one pans out. Can see Sharp vs Cacace in the future.

• edited June 2020

And just as Frank does that, of course Eddie has to make his announcement and trump him like he usually does.

Matchroom fight Camp starting August 1st. 4 weeks in a row of fight nights, and there is some corkers in there.

Week 1: Eggington vs Cheeseman - should be a cracking fight that. Both a bit past it but both not afraid to have it.

Week 2: Terri Harper defends her super-feather titles

Week 3: Zelfa Barrett matchroom debut + Felix Cash, Kieron Conway and some others.

Week 4: Whyte vs Povetkyn and Katie Taylor defending her undisputed

We've waited a long time, but boxing is finally coming back.

Another note, Dubois vs Joyce scheduled for October.

• And just as Frank does that, of course Eddie has to make his announcement and trump him like he usually does.

Matchroom fight Camp starting August 1st. 4 weeks in a row of fight nights, and there is some corkers in there.

Week 1: Eggington vs Cheeseman - should be a cracking fight that. Both a bit past it but both not afraid to have it.

Week 3: Zelfa Barrett matchroom debut + Felix Cash, Kieron Conway and some others.

Eggington and Cheeseman past it? They're barely out of short trousers! ;-)
  • Eggington is a funny one. Got a lot of talent, but you sometimes wonder where his head is at
  • McBobbin said:
    Eggington is a funny one. Got a lot of talent, but you sometimes wonder where his head is at
    Eggingtons head is normally in range getting tagged. 

The kid takes far too much punishment for my liking. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Eggington is a funny one. Got a lot of talent, but you sometimes wonder where his head is at
    Eggingtons head is normally in range getting tagged. 

The kid takes far too much punishment for my liking. 
    Could say the same for Cheeseman.
  • Sponsored links:

• And just as Frank does that, of course Eddie has to make his announcement and trump him like he usually does.

Eggington and Cheeseman past it? They're barely out of short trousers! ;-)

Past it may be the wrong choice of words.

Not living up to past-hype would've been a better description. Especially in Cheeseman's case, got massively exposed in that European title fight.

• Egg vs Cheese this Saturday.

Cheeseman as tight as 1/4 on betfair, really don't think he's that favoured at all imo. I see it as a genuine 50/50 fight, Eggington at 11/4 looks good value.

• Egg vs Cheese this Saturday.

Cheeseman as tight as 1/4 on betfair, really don't think he's that favoured at all imo. I see it as a genuine 50/50 fight, Eggington at 11/4 looks good value.

I am on Eggington at 3-1, seems good value 
  • Ryan Garcia vs Luke Campbell is going to be a great scrap... Surprised Garcia has taken that tbh, will be a great test to see if he is the real deal. Campbell went 12 rounds with Loma! 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Ryan Garcia vs Luke Campbell is going to be a great scrap... Surprised Garcia has taken that tbh, will be a great test to see if he is the real deal. Campbell went 12 rounds with Loma! 

Eddie Hearn confirmed on IFL yesterday that nothing has been agreed yet, despite what the WBC have put out. He did say discussions are on-going to try and make the fight. Sounds like it'll be properly announced soon, hope it does, as it would make a cracking fight.

I'd love to see Garcia vs Tank, that would be my dream match up at 135.

• Surely it is all about Mike Tyson / Jones Jr getting it on in September !!!!
  • Not at all, that will be a horrible watch

Mike Tyson looks the business smacking pads and the other clips that get put out but the pair of them will be absolutely blowing out of their arses after a round too exhausted to throw any combinations or do anything other than try not to get hurt 
  • They've also said if anybody looks hurt at all, they'll be stopping the fight.

It's just an exhibition, basically a hard sparring session.... if that.

• Good card of boxing on so far. Strange atmosphere though
  • Cheeseman on top
  • Sponsored links:

• Great fight. Eggington really coming back. Could end up 6 rounds a piece if things continue the way they are at the moment. 
  • Cheeseman done enough to edge it for me. 
  • Had cheeseman by one, but that was a cracker
  • Didn't have him three up though
  • Looking forward to fight Camp tonight. Zelfa Barrett who I follow very closely, makes his matchroom debut against an undefeated opponent. Can also see Shannon Courtenay getting beat, Ball definitely has the style to beat her.

And the Frank Warren show tomorrow sees my mate Archie Sharp back on TV. Taking on Jeff Ofori who has dropped down to super feather, after being stopped by Ohara Davies at light welter. Should be an easy nights work for Archie, but never say never.

Going to have a treble on this weekend:

Ball win - EVENS

Archie Sharp points - 6/4

Troy Williamson points - 10/11

£50 treble returns £477 on Betfair.

• Ball puts Courtenay down in the first. Wide open on the attack, takes a left on the chin.
  • Courtenay has impressed after being knocked down though, judges have probably given her the last three rounds 
  • Looks like I’m on my way to losing £50 on the first fight
  • Courtenay has impressed after being knocked down though, judges have probably given her the last three rounds 
    What was the result please?
  • Ball by 2