Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Thanks Mike
  • Bet is still on thankfully lol

Can’t believe Ball won that though, maybe I need to watch it on mute without Matt Macklin’s biased commentary... I honestly thought Shannon won a lot of them rounds, albeit close ones. 
  • edited August 2020
    Good performance from Conlan against Takoucht, lovely work to spot the opening and prevent Takoucht getting the clinch.

Can't say it was the most exciting fight I've seen recently, but hard to say whether I'm comparing everything to the Cheeseman fight subconsciously.
  • Good performance from Conlan against Takoucht, lovely work to spot the opening and prevent Takoucht getting the clinch.

Can't say it was the most exciting fight I've seen recently, but hard to say whether I'm comparing everything to the Cheeseman fight subconsciously.
    I thought Conlon was very lucky not to be disqualified for the low blows. He got away with a lot too

Dennis McCann just stopped Brett Fido with an unpleasant looking body shot 
  • Carter said:
    Good performance from Conlan against Takoucht, lovely work to spot the opening and prevent Takoucht getting the clinch.

I thought Conlon was very lucky not to be disqualified for the low blows. He got away with a lot too

Dennis McCann just stopped Brett Fido with an unpleasant looking body shot 
    Agreed on the low blows, felt the ref let was way too lenient with them- left it after quite a few to take a point. 

Dennis McCann is definitely going to be one to watch, fantastic power on that body shot
  • Looking forward to fight Camp tonight. Zelfa Barrett who I follow very closely, makes his matchroom debut against an undefeated opponent. Can also see Shannon Courtenay getting beat, Ball definitely has the style to beat her.

And the Frank Warren show tomorrow sees my mate Archie Sharp back on TV. Taking on Jeff Ofori who has dropped down to super feather, after being stopped by Ohara Davies at light welter. Should be an easy nights work for Archie, but never say never.

Going to have a treble on this weekend:

Ball win - EVENS

Archie Sharp points - 6/4

Troy Williamson points - 10/11

£50 treble returns £477 on Betfair.

Great bet mate well done
  • edited August 2020

The big one this weekend, Fight Camp comes to a close with two big fights.

The main event is a tough one to call, how do you see it?

Personally, I'm going with either a Whyte late stoppage or Whyte points. Think Povetkin didn't look that great against Hunter and is clearly getting on, Whyte looks like he's had a good camp albeit with a change of trainer. Also he's just announced Coldwell in his corner who will be experienced in these big fights.

My treble for this week will be:

Babic KO/TKO - 8/13

Taylor PTS - 4/7

Whyte PTS - 7/5

£50 returns £304.62 on Betfair.

Whyte KO is also the same price, 7/5 on Betfair.

• I think Whyte can stop Povetkin, he looked poor last time and at his age I can't see that he is going to get faster reflexes 
  • Carter said:
    I think Whyte can stop Povetkin, he looked poor last time and at his age I can't see that he is going to get faster reflexes 
    I would agree, but not early. Whyte rounds 7-9. 
  • Really like Whyte, probably my favourite heavyweight for entertainment purposes. Povetkin is dull as dishwater and well I see this being a total dud, but a points win for Whyte non the less.

That in mind I am really considering not buying this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anybody know of any links for the boxing?
  • Thanks Doctor.  That’s brilliant.
  • edited August 2020
    Persoon is an absolute warrior, fair play to her. She’s probably winning the fight. Katie is slipping well but needs to throw more of her own. Getting completely out worked.
  • Persoon is relentless. She's pulled ahead on points for me, can't see her losing this
  • Maybe because we are seeing the cream of the crop, but the last few women's fights I've seen have stolen the show. That was a war
  • 5 rounds up wtf 
  • Never. That was a hearn homer
  • Fair play to Persoon in the post fight interview, giving full credit to Taylor and she appears to think she didn’t do enough to win. 
  • I'm hoping Whyte destroys Povetkin. I saw his fight against Hughie Fury at the O2 and it was offensive it was so boring
  • Sponsored links:

• Whyte looking phenomenal so far. This is probably over in the next 2 rounds. 
  • Whyte looking superb
  • What an uppercut... Whyte out cold 
  • Very big fourth round for Whyte, he's looking fantastic
  • I wasn't expecting that!
  • Where the fuck did that come from?!?!
  • Well, our posts didn't age well there! That was an uppercut from hell from Povetkin, wow
  • What a shame for Dillian Whyte. 1000 days as no1 contender and one fight away from his mandatory shot. Gutted for him.