Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Bellew really can't do objectivity- no clue how he was so insistent Chisora was winning that. 

Really not sure about the 115-113 cards, but certainly less egregious than some of the other scores recently. At least the right fighter won this time!
  • Delboy sounding a bit punch drunk in the post fight interview
  • Man, that was beautiful from Usyk. But immense respect to Chisora for that. Not sure anyone really expected him to provide such a test.
  • Usyk was fast and agile but I thought he lacked power and going up against the top 3 in this division he will struggle. 5 rounds was generous.
  • Usyk would stand no chance against AJ, Fury or Wilder. 
    He is just not big enough or powerful enough to be a force at heavyweight.
    I thought all the talk of his wonderful boxing skills to be a bit of a joke. He was up against an over the hill never has been.
  • cafc999 said:
    Usyk was fast and agile but I thought he lacked power and going up against the top 3 in this division he will struggle. 5 rounds was generous.
    Had one round a draw, 4 chisora and the rest Usyk... I think he comfortably beats Wilder, would tie him in knots. I think AJ and Fury would probably just be too big for him, would be giving away 5 stone to Fury
  • Usyk an amazing cruiserweight... He won't trouble Fury
  • CAFCsayer said:
    cafc999 said:
    Usyk was fast and agile but I thought he lacked power and going up against the top 3 in this division he will struggle. 5 rounds was generous.
    Had one round a draw, 4 chisora and the rest Usyk... I think he comfortably beats Wilder, would tie him in knots. I think AJ and Fury would probably just be too big for him, would be giving away 5 stone to Fury
    The difference between Chisora and Wilder is that over 12 rounds Wilder would land some big shots. I doubt if Usyk would survive those shots. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    cafc999 said:
    The difference between Chisora and Wilder is that over 12 rounds Wilder would land some big shots. I doubt if Usyk would survive those shots. 
    I don't think Wilder lands a single punch in that fight
  • The Selby score cards though? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Usyk could outbox Wilder, and avoid his haymakers. I wouldn't give him a hope against AJ or Fury
  • Bellew is doing my head in.
    Having him cover a fight featuring one of his mates is even worse than Sky having Carragher co-commentate on Liverpool games. Incredible bias.

I had Usyk by probably 4-5 rounds, the 117-112 scorecard seemed spot on.
  • See wilder has come out with a load of rubbish overnight 
  • edited November 2020
    See wilder has come out with a load of rubbish overnight 
    Basically confirming that he ducked AJ to fight Fury. That didn’t work out too well for him. 
  • Dillian Whyte's rematch with Alexander Povetkin has been postponed after the Russian tested positive for coronavirus
  • Dillian Whyte's rematch with Alexander Povetkin has been postponed after the Russian tested positive for coronavirus
    In hospital apparently. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

My youngest is speculating that Fury could take the fight against Whyte as he is due to fight the same day - but I'm not sure he would risk it.
  • So I'll get in early.
    Guessing Joyce v Dubois is PPV?

Anyone got a link?
  • That is early. The fight isn't until next Saturday.
  • Also pretty sure it's on BT Sport and not PPV.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is just normal BT Sport that one 

I think Dubois but as rancid as Joyce's style is it is effective 
  • Yeah normal BT for that one... the PPV is Tyson vs Roy Jones JR later that evening, which I’ll probably watch but not excited about it at all. They’re too old to be taking punches imo. 

Conor Benn on this evening and a good matchup for him... But mostly looking forward to Babic vs Little on that card. Little looks in great shape, would love for him to cause an upset. 
  • Also pretty sure it's on BT Sport and not PPV.
     That's good. Surprises me
  • Yep it's on BT Sport.  Remember Warren saying last week it wouldn't be right to put it on PPV in the current climate.

A few days later Hearn made Joshua vs Pulev PPV AT £25!!!

Says a lot about Hearn 

• Yep it's on BT Sport.  Remember Warren saying last week it wouldn't be right to put it on PPV in the current climate.

Says a lot about Hearn 

Joshua is always going to be PPV, I don't think that's a reflection on Eddie
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Yep it's on BT Sport.  Remember Warren saying last week it wouldn't be right to put it on PPV in the current climate.

Says a lot about Hearn 

Joshua is always going to be PPV, I don't think that's a reflection on Eddie
    Usyk v Chisora on PPV, on the other hand...

Says a lot about Hearn 

With no gate money they need to make the fight worth it for the actual fighters though.

Says a lot about Hearn 

With no gate money they need to make the fight worth it for the actual fighters though.
    Disagree, 25 quid for Joshua v Pulev is just a sign of what is to come. No fans, no atmosphere no gate. The promoter holds the cards. If Joshua wants to fight especially after the cowards way he nicked the Ruiz rematch then he shouldn't be commanding 25 pay per views. No way am I paying that. 

Dubios v Joyce shouldn't really have been PPV initially, glad Warren has seen sense 
  • Carter said:
    Yep it's on BT Sport.  Remember Warren saying last week it wouldn't be right to put it on PPV in the current climate.

Says a lot about Hearn 

Disagree, 25 quid for Joshua v Pulev is just a sign of what is to come. No fans, no atmosphere no gate. The promoter holds the cards. If Joshua wants to fight especially after the cowards way he nicked the Ruiz rematch then he shouldn't be commanding 25 pay per views. No way am I paying that. 

Dubios v Joyce shouldn't really have been PPV initially, glad Warren has seen sense 
    I'm not saying 25 quid is worth it and i can see it putting a lot of people off, i'm just saying i can see why it's priced that much.

Agree it's probably a sign of things to come though.
  • AJ will always be PPV. He’s one of the biggest stars in the sport. He could fight Butterbean and it’d still be £25.