Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    AJ will always be PPV. He’s one of the biggest stars in the sport. He could fight Butterbean and it’d still be £25. 
    Any heavyweight world champion will be PPV, always will be. Just a shame the division has so much dodging that the fans are left to pay to watch guff fights like this one.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    AJ will always be PPV. He’s one of the biggest stars in the sport. He could fight Butterbean and it’d still be £25. 
    Any heavyweight world champion will be PPV, always will be. Just a shame the division has so much dodging that the fans are left to pay to watch guff fights like this one.
    Best thing with doing that for a boxing fan is you can choose not to pay it, Hearn and Sky know that Joshua is popular with people who don't care for boxing or only have a passing interest and will but it so they will keep on doing it 

• Options
    Cheers all.

I actually thought it was tonight hence my confusion when looking through the listings!
  • Options
    Who is this wanker of a lead DAZN commentator who can't stop bigging up Benn? After about 15 seconds of Formella employing a high guard he's saying it's not working when it patently was (sort of, anyway - it brought an improvement).

Benn's speed is unbelievable though. Great stuff so far.
  • Options
    Watching on sky. Benn looking very good
  • Options
    Apparently the Sky comms are even worse. Benn has definitely looked good though.
  • Options
    Great rumble that, Benn an easy winner but even so. Absolute granite chin on Formella.
  • Options
    All the talk of Josh Kelly next for Conor Benn.

Kelly has one hell of a fighter in his way first.
    Unless they dodge Avanesyan again.
  • Options
    Avanesyan is a hard fight and as good as Josh Kelly's highlight reel is I think they would be better off swerving it. Connor Benn looked good tonight but also really easy to hit. I like him though he is never going to come out of his dads shadow and he is game as they come, can't pretend at that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fancy Joyce late TKO, I like dubois a lot but think Joyce is all wrong for him, but if Joyce starts slow and doesn't dictate the pace it will be a different story 
  • Options
    Dubois will dominate and stop him inside 8 rounds.
  • Options
    I can't call it. Joyce often starts slow but has an incredible engine, so could win it in the later rounds. I'm thinking Dubois might just be too strong for him though
  • Options
    is it a 10 or 10:30 start?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    is it a 10 or 10:30 start?
    10:30i think 
  • Options
    Dubois KO by round 6 is my bet, I think it may go longer but that bet was about the most worthwhile one 

Joyce is good and his record is not to be sniffed at, I can't stand his style at all but it is effective. I just think Dubois is better, hes faster and more accurate. If he times Joyce's constant attacks he could end it really early 
  • Options
    Dubois to win a dodgy points decision.
  • Options
    Dubois in 8 I fancy 16-1 with sky bet
  • Options
    Joyce by stoppage.
  • Options
    Late stoppage win by Dunois for me 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Joyce by stoppage.
    I know you are a bookie Bob and that's the value but what do you know that I don't (loads I suspect) 

Hope you are well mate think Joyce has it all to lose and as much as I like him I think Dubois will be too much for him especially once he starts countering him
  • Options
    I get the impression of Joyce loses, at 35 it's over. Dubois is 23... If he loses he's a few KOs away from being back in contention. I think a Joyce win might be a bit more exciting in that respect. But I like both of them, so just hoping for a quality match up
  • Options
    Next time I finally go back to the office, I want to walk past photos of all the greatest British patent attorneys throughout history. And a picture of Herbie Hyde.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    bobmunro said:
    Joyce by stoppage.
    I know you are a bookie Bob and that's the value but what do you know that I don't (loads I suspect) 

Hope you are well mate think Joyce has it all to lose and as much as I like him I think Dubois will be too much for him especially once he starts countering him
    I’m good thanks, Dan. You too I hope.
    i’ve just got a doubt about Dubois’ chin - no such doubt about Joyce’s. It won’t go the distance so on that basis Joyce is the value.
  • Options
    Joe Joyce didn't turn Pro till he was 32!
    Dubois is a powerhouse young fighter.

Really looking forward to this.

I will go for DD but Joyce is super fit and could frustrate him.
  • Options
    I'm really finding these commentators painful today. 
  • Options
    I'm really finding these commentators painful today. 
    I think that the main commentator is talking shit! 
  • Options
    Good scrap, this
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Carter said:
    bobmunro said:
    Joyce by stoppage.

I’m good thanks, Dan. You too I hope.
    i’ve just got a doubt about Dubois’ chin - no such doubt about Joyce’s. It won’t go the distance so on that basis Joyce is the value.

Joyce's chin is definitely not contradicting you thus far! 
  • Options
    Impressed with Joyce here... Sticking to gameplan perfectly