Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Holding the ropes a bit too much for me whilst in the clinch, but other than that I'm really impressed with Joyce
  • Options
    John Rawling f'ing loves Joyce doesnt he??
  • Options
    Joyce's style still makes my teeth itch but its very effective. Joyce passed the chin test, Dubois I've got 1 round ahead but you could give a share of all but 2 rounds to either fighter for me. Joyce won round 1 Dubois round 6 and 7 for me 
  • Options
    Another round you could give either way 
  • Options
    Not easy to score this fight. I fancy Dunois is just ahead but still all to play for.
  • Options
    This is close. I have it 5-4 Joyce, one mate 4-4, another 4-5 Dubois (after round 8). Great fight thus far.
  • Options
    Round 9 Joyce's by a bees dick 
  • Options
    One of them is going to have to throw the dice. Want go see what Joyce has got
  • Options
    Dubois is going to have to throw the kitchen sink at Joyce here. 
  • Options
    Dubois' eye really doesn't look great
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dubois down 

And out 
  • Options
    From a jab to the swollen left eye 
  • Options
    Great call Bob 
  • Options
    Wow. Didn't expect that
  • Options
    Wow, didn't see that coming but well done Joyce.
  • Options
    That was a ridiculous finish. 
  • Options
    Did dubois bottle it? His eye must have been stuffed
  • Options
    Wowwww didn't see that coming 
  • Options
    Well that’s annoying as I had Joyce in round 11! 
  • Options
    Joe Joyce was excellent.
    His left jab was superb. Daniel Dubois lost heart and he was worried about his sight.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two pretty poor heavyweights on show there. Not really the level of fight the hype would have had you expecting.

The jab to that eye looked absolutely minging. Hope there's no lasting damage.
  • Options
    Very weird stoppage but to put it into context he could not see out of his left eye before the shot landed. He is 23 and hasn't been in a gut test like that before and 23 is a baby as a heavyweight  

Good for Joe Joyce he deserved that  took some good punches from Dubois but stuck to the very effective game he knows and did the business 

Carl Frampton and David Haye bravely giving Dubois some shit for taking a knee off a jab 
  • Options
    They are calling it right though, that was a quit. Dubois is young enough and hard enough that he'll be back in the frame in no time.

Joyce is a machine. He's the relentless robot knight form Knightmare
  • Options
    Dubois can come back from that but his promoter will be raging about that. I'm loathe to say someone in a heavyweight bout quit but.....

I'm really happy for Joe Joyce, I like him, I absolutely detest his style it looks so odd and unnatural but is and always has been incredibly effective. Good for him and anyone who backed him 
  • Options
    Joyce has the charisma of a potato
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    They are calling it right though, that was a quit. Dubois is young enough and hard enough that he'll be back in the frame in no time.

Joyce is a machine. He's the relentless robot knight form Knightmare
    Nothing wrong with quitting when eye injuries can end careers (e.g. Ogogo). He's young and will fight another day - this is a setback, sure, but hopefully he comes back stronger.
  • Options
    Someone on twitter reminded me of one of the first fights I was excited about... Mason v Lewis. That ended with an eye injury
  • Options
    The eye was bad from the 3rd 4th round he showed guts he hadn't really had to show before that. Being whacked by Lartey isn't the same as being pounded by accurate jabs by a monster like Joyce 

• Options
    Speaking of fights 25 years ago...Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr this evening. It's a no from me. On PPV? Absolute joke