Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    So with Mayweather v Logan Paul confirmed for February.

Who will be watching and who do you think will win 🤣🤣🤣

What a joke of a fight
    I comment on this only to urge no-one else to give this an ounce of attention. It simply does not deserve it. It will be a stage-managed "fight" for Paul's YouTube followers to spunk money on to see their hero/idol/whatever do some "fighting".
  • Options
    Seems like a very Mayweather thing for him to do though. Doesn't have any integrity, just after the money. Don't think there's many boxers I'd have happily seen lose as much as Floyd.
  • Options
    I hope you can have a look on Twitter @RodneyCharltonTrotta even if you’re not on it yourself.
    some brilliant photos and memories/tributes to your wife’s grandad have been posted over the past week
  • Options
    Oh that's very sad RCT - my condolences to you, your wife, and family. RIP.
  • Options
    I hope you can have a look on Twitter @RodneyCharltonTrotta even if you’re not on it yourself.
    some brilliant photos and memories/tributes to your wife’s grandad have been posted over the past week

Thanks mate, yeah did see some stuff last week but found it all very surreal and upsetting so avoided it a bit.

I knew he was well known and loved in the game by many but was choked at the number of people paying tribute to him but that is testament to what a remarkable man he was. A bit of a cliché but he was very much an old school character and of a generation and era that we are slowly losing sadly as time passes.

Will have a look more at it all on twitter etc when it's sunk in a bit more.

My wife took a lot of comfort from the tributes which was nice.

Took him to The Valley a number of times even though he supported another club and gutted I'll not get the chance to do so again. 

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Oh that's very sad RCT - my condolences to you, your wife, and family. RIP.
    Thanks Paddy mate.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss @RodneyCharltonTrotta
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Condolences @RodneyCharltonTrotta , nice to see he got a good tribute 
  • Options
    AJ Pulev this weekend, absolutely terrible card to go with it though... Okolie and Hughie Fury are the supporting fights... think I might be asleep before the main fight starts.

All this talk about Fury turning up to the fight just to try and hype the event up a bit. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not there. 

AJ to blast Pulev out inside 6 is my prediction. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, I reckon an easy night for AJ
  • Options

Thanks mate, yeah did see some stuff last week but found it all very surreal and upsetting so avoided it a bit.

I knew he was well known and loved in the game by many but was choked at the number of people paying tribute to him but that is testament to what a remarkable man he was. A bit of a cliché but he was very much an old school character and of a generation and era that we are slowly losing sadly as time passes.

Will have a look more at it all on twitter etc when it's sunk in a bit more.

My wife took a lot of comfort from the tributes which was nice.

Took him to The Valley a number of times even though he supported another club and gutted I'll not get the chance to do so again. 

Very touching tribute given to your grandad in law over the weekend. Very sorry for your loss mate 
  • Options
    Big fight thoughts?
  • Options
    Big fight thoughts?
     Joshua somewhere between 5&7
  • Options
    Big fight thoughts?
    Joshua in round 8/9. 
  • Options
    Just as an FYI if anyone wants to watch proper fighting UFC will be on after the boxing tonight. 
  • Options
    Big fight thoughts?
    Joshua inside 4 rounds.
  • Options
    Joshua to steamroll pulev. May get rocked first being sucked into pulev circling his hand. 
  • Options
    AJ all the way. 

There’s been some questionable walk out songs tonight, my god. 

I would have Metallica cover VFR as mine.
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    AJ all the way. 

There’s been some questionable walk out songs tonight, my god. 

I would have Metallica cover VFR as mine.
    TS will not be impressed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Okolie just whipped that polish bloke. He looked decent.

The hughie Fury fight was like a dust up at a wedding
  • Options
    Hughie Fury manages to make me want to sleep regardless of who he's fighting, just cannot enjoy his fights
  • Options
    Hughie Fury manages to make me want to sleep regardless of who he's fighting, just cannot enjoy his fights
    Aye, his fights against Parker and povetkin were tedious at best
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Pulev ran away 
  • Options
    Pulev really lucky to get out of that third round
  • Options
    Joshua's use of framing has been great so far, doing a good job of using it to keep Pulev at range and turn him away
  • Options
    Ref has 0 control of this fight, some of this clinching and rabbit punching is getting ridiculous from both
  • Options
    Ref has 0 control of this fight, some of this clinching and rabbit punching is getting ridiculous from both
    Not to mention punching after the bell either 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    That fight was appallingly refereed. So irresponsible. It could well have been stopped when he turned his back, and should EASILY have been stopped after that ridiculous farce of a standing eight before the ten. Jesus.

Edited to add - and, of course, the punches after the bell, clinching, rabbit punching - all of that was bollocks.

World Champion beats up old man. What was the PPV cost? Glad to have been streaming it.
  • Options
    Don't really watch boxing but this didn't really seem fair to me, very very one sided