Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    The whole thing seems so stupid. Elliott has no funds, will not lift the embargo and cannot run the club. Nimer has no funds, will not lift the embargo and cannot run the club. 
    And legally it matters not. 
  • Options
    TBH don't care who owns the club get this out of the way and then TS negotiates with whomever....Tahoon/Southall or Elliot/Farnell makes out ? who cares as long as we have TS 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Chaisty says contract to sell is signed and not in dispute. Drag along provisions re Southall activated in May.
    Can anyone explain this in simple English for me please
    If the majority share holder agrees to sell, other share holders have to follow.
  • Options
    The whole thing seems so stupid. Elliott has no funds, will not lift the embargo and cannot run the club. Nimer has no funds, will not lift the embargo and cannot run the club. 
    Unfortunately this is all entirely irrelevant. 

Only thing that matters is whether the club was sold to Elliott or not. And the fact that our club website still says that is this case, makes me think Elliott will win... 
  • Options
    He is a boring fucker 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Chaisty says contract to sell is signed and not in dispute. Drag along provisions re Southall activated in May.
    Lawyer saying that contracts were signed in May and as the terms of ESI, if Panaroma Magic (Nimer) agrees to sell his shares, Southall must do the same for the same price of the value of his 35%.
  • Options
    Again, irrelevant.
  • Options
    Confirms that Elliott has submitted an appeal in relation to his disqualification by the EFL. Chaisty says Farnell’s role should be disregarded for the moment.
    Why?? Can’t see a judge agreeing with that.
    In fairness it's irelevant to whether Elliott has a legally binding contract with Nimer & Co. 
  • Options
    Chaisty: On the 13th of July ESI filled out an application to restrict Matt Southall's role #cafc #SaveCAFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Only thing that matters is whether the club was sold to Elliott or not. And the fact that our club website still says that is this case, makes me think Elliott will win... 
    no it doesn’t.
  • Options

I think that came down this morning...
  • Options

It's been changed.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    aliwibble said:
    Lawyer saying that contracts were signed in May and as the terms of ESI, if Panaroma Magic (Nimer) agrees to sell his shares, Southall must do the same for the same price of the value of his 35%.
    But if the contracts were signed in May, why have we not been sold by September?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Sage said:
    aliwibble said:
    But if the contracts were signed in May, why have we not been sold by September?
    EFL approval ?

• Options
    Chaisty saying the issue is where Panorama is subject to a contractual obligation to transfer over to his client.
  • Options
    Looks like he just got to the meat of his argument. That ESI still have a contractual obligation to transfer the title of CAFC to Elliott. And that Panorama are relying on an interim declaration from the EFL (OADT) to deny that contract. 
  • Options
    Chaisty making a long technical point, but concludes that the issue is whether Panorama has a contractual obligation to sell ESI to Lex Dominus.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    aliwibble said:
    Sage said:
    aliwibble said:
    EFL approval ?

Unfortunately that doesn’t matter. EFL have no say who the owner is. 
  • Options

It's been changed.
    because by this evening TS will be our new owner. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chaisty saying the issue is where Panorama is subject to a contractual obligation to transfer over to his client.
    Would've thought a contract can be broken at any point, as long as the person breaking it is happy to defend their decision in court and / or pay compensation
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    ct_addick said:
    aliwibble said:
    Sage said:
    aliwibble said:
    EFL approval ?

No but Farnell and Elliott have always said any deal was pending EFL approval.  
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Sage said:
    aliwibble said:
    Because the whole thing is a mess. We also found out that they did not own the club in the court hearing back in July. That’s not changed now.

They got rejected by EFL and now we are here. All one huge mess.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    ct_addick said:
    aliwibble said:
    Sage said:
    aliwibble said:
    EFL approval ?

They do if the deal if dependant on EFL approval. 
  • Options
    Chill for now people, this is what lawyers do right?  Use a few slick words and narrative, judges hear this nonsense all the time.
  • Options
    Chaisty says Mihail claims agreement was subject to conditions and the defendent is able to say those have not been met so the agreement has come to an end.

Chaisty says Mihail asserts on behalf of the defendant that the agreement was the subject of conditions that have not been met. Argues that the clause about EFL completion is not expressed in conditional terms. Tension between different clauses.
  • Options
    We need LK to have some of that we’ll known phrase....”Bouncebackability”...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!