Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Hear that Farnell took a bit of pasting towards the end, anyone got any quotes on what was said?
    Got called a see you next Tuesday and bet he his wife is going to get a beatin tonight after a line of Charlie. He was apparently still on but on mute. I left so might be more
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Hear that Farnell took a bit of pasting towards the end, anyone got any quotes on what was said?
    Got called a see you next Tuesday and bet he his wife is going to get a beatin tonight after a line of Charlie. He was apparently still on but on mute. I left so might be more
    Yeah I left at that point, I know folk are pissed off but..
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    So there will still be a trial? 
    Yes but hopefully nothing to do with cafc at that point. 

I'm no expert but assume it will be hard to claim anything against Nimer and getting him to court
  • Options
    MattF said:
    I had a little pray earlier for the first time in my rabid atheist life, might have to do this more often
    Nooooo, don't go over to the dark side. Remember, correlation does not imply causation.
    Dont remember Yoda saying that....?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    If I was 30 years younger, I’d be round LK’s dad’s house to ask for her hand in marriage ... what a gal 
    Do it anyway
  • Options
    In the words of the wonderful Idles:

"Let's seize the day
    All hold hands, chase the pricks away
    Let's seize the day
    All hold hands, chase the pricks away
    You can do it
    You can do it
    Yes you can
    Woo"

Well done to all those that played a big part in breaking down the first big barrier to a brave new world.  We are stronger collectively than these individual pricks. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    If I was 30 years younger, I’d be round LK’s dad’s house to ask for her hand in marriage ... what a gal 
    Do it anyway
    To late my proposal has been accepted. He will have to put an injunction out on me - he better have a good barrister...I have. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Sounds like a magnificent job by Lauren Kreamer. Was she picked for the job because she was a Charlton fan or is that coincidental?
    She's a barrister with relevant experience in commercial law and contractual disputes. 

Obviously that's she's a fan makes her doubly good, but I'm sure they wouldn't have chosen her if she wasn't right for the case
    Pro bono case? So free as well...
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    So there will still be a trial? 
    Yes but hopefully nothing to do with cafc at that point. 

I'm no expert but assume it will be hard to claim anything against Nimer and getting him to court
    What about Southall though?
  • Options
    “Given the time and given the potential need to protect the position of any party who seeks to consider appealing my judgement, I will adjourn any application for permission to appeal to the consequential hearing [tomorrow] so that issue doesn’t have to be separately dealt with this evening.”
  • Options
    Excellent, Lauren you are a star.
    Will this lovely club ever stop trying to get me an ulcer.
  • Options
    It would be nice if we could get a great quote from the trial and have it put up at the top of the covered end with her name on it.
  • Options
    Wouldn't they need grounds for appeal? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant result, well done Lauren. Just a word of caution though, at the consequential hearing tomorrow the judge will consider any application (if there is one) by Elliot for permission to appeal his decision. Costs of appealing would be very high so can’t see Elliot wanting to (or able to) go down that route. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    “Given the time and given the potential need to protect the position of any party who seeks to consider appealing my judgement, I will adjourn any application for permission to appeal to the consequential hearing [tomorrow] so that issue doesn’t have to be separately dealt with this evening.”

I very much doubt he will be given leave to appeal - and even if he is, more bad money after bad.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Definitely delaying tactics being used here ... I believe the judge will see through this and not allow it ... still expect a decision in favour of ESI1 today 
    You should listen to me and stop panicking  :)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Can we do something for her to show our thanks?
    #ThanksLauren

8pm. Twitter

For those that didn't see this ^^
  • Options
    Congratulations Lauren Kreamer, stuck one past those cheating bar stewards tonight eh?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    bobmunro said:
    ross1 said:

I very much doubt he will be given leave to appeal - and even if he is, more bad money after bad.
    Even if he does I assume it doesn't stop Panorama selling in the meantime. Then he would have to fight it out with them which would be no concern of ours anymore.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Judge said he was absolutely satisfied that Chris Farnell had engaged in a conflict of interests.

Surely the SRA have got to take notice of that. 

Let's get the bastard struck off. 
    Absolutely. I wonder if the judges direct quotes about Farnell from today can be sent to the SRA. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!