Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fox Sh*t

Help me out brother and sisters

our garden has always attracted a fair bit of fox activity but I only ever had to pick up mess once every few weeks.

over the last couple of months this has gone silly, I’m having to scoop up 3,4,5 lots every single morning off our lawn, drive and front step. The hard stuff ain’t so bad but the soft pats literally make me wanna heave and don’t even hose out the grass easily . 

Even though I clear and chuck it in the bushes every day, garden now attracting flies and it’s also not a great thing to have with kids wanting to play.

other than me pissing all over the place, any sprays or suggestions to stop my garden being a safe shit territory?

Comments

• Borrow @TCE's dogs for a couple of days to scare them off?
  • Cook a large roast chicken and leave it out in the garden.  That'll scare em off!! 
  • edited September 2020
    Got a couple of friends that say these work wonders 
    https://www.electricfence-online.co.uk/bright-eyes-solar-powered-fox-deterrent-93810670.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhb36BRCfARIsAKcXh6EqtY_QcldZ-7MfTCSDWbTUY0uKKjYPaNfh6Dvr7tv4S0_r2tcH9qgaAnSFEALw_wcB 
    I went the other way and built a bloody big fence and then raised planters/decking so they can't get under and are mostly put off the big jump 
  • I'm not sure if it's fox or cats in ours but it was getting out of control@ one stage.

Tried everything from gels to piss.
    The winner was orange peel. Put it everywhere and it nigh on stopped.

Whatever it is hates citrus.
  • I'm not sure if it's fox or cats in ours but it was getting out of control@ one stage.

Was that a Scottish fox, scared off by the sight of fruit?
  • Definitely belongs to Foxes? - You've not pissed anyone off of late?
  • Its nature. Leave them be.
  • Lion shit, if you can get it.

• Sponsored links:

• Help me out brother and sisters

our garden has always attracted a fair bit of fox activity but I only ever had to pick up mess once every few weeks.

over the last couple of months this has gone silly, I’m having to scoop up 3,4,5 lots every single morning off our lawn, drive and front step. The hard stuff ain’t so bad but the soft pats literally make me wanna heave and don’t even hose out the grass easily . 

Even though I clear and chuck it in the bushes every day, garden now attracting flies and it’s also not a great thing to have with kids wanting to play.

other than me pissing all over the place, any sprays or suggestions to stop my garden being a safe shit territory?
    Having exact same problem. Try cleaning the area with Jays Fluid a few times over the next few weeks. the smell puts them off. 
  • air rifle.........*joke

since we got our dog they've all disappeared, but even before that we got one of those things that emit a high pitched sound (£20 on amazon) seemed to do the trick pretty well
  • Lion shit, if you can get it.

Yeah, but they will beat us in their cup final.
  • edited September 2020
    We've had the same problem mate, the poxy things shit everywhere. One of them even managed to crimp one off on top of our garden wall.

I've been spreading piss where they like going most, which seems to have stopped them. I do it in a bottle first and don't just walk about pissing in the garden.
    male urine does seem to work - best not on the lawn if possible though

Similarly, we've tried citronella spray with some success. 
  • I've got five living in the garden over the back, being fed by my neighbours.  I just shovel up the five turds a day and throw it into her garden.  

And wee where they come in.  

And throw apples at them.  Which I think they think is just just a game.

I do have a special black ops team that back me up sometimes.  The crows and the magpies make co-ordinated attacks on the foxes.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2020
    Carter said:
    Yeah one of my neighbours feeds the foxes amazingly well. She is an old dear with a pretty sad story in life but full of life herself 

She signed up for justeat and deliveroo purelt to get nandos for the foxes as she is convinced periperi chicken is their favourite so orders in for the foxes. Which keeps them out of my garden along with my piss divide 

Sounds like those lucky foxes eat better than some humans do!

• Never seen a fox anywhere my garden. I did see a cat once sitting on the roof of the kennels then it seemed to have a change of heart and was last seen on the A2 doing 70 on the London bound track 🤷‍♂️
  • My dog likes to roll in fox shit - does my head in! 
  • I had a problem with dogs dumping in the garden and badgers digging up the lawn so on a dry night I sprinkled some light ground pepper all over the lawn and they never came back , all of them kind of animals sniff the ground before tacking aim 
  • Make sure there is no food at all for them, not even traces, like crumbs for the birds etc.
    It's usually/often food that initially attracts them.
  • edited September 2020
  • Cheap pepper from Sainsburys seems to do the trick for us. It is, I admit a bit cruel, but it has solved the problem and the grass has never looked better. We put that down all over the front lawn for a few weeks and we haven't had any fox, cat or dog turd since. 
    Next though has experienced an increase.

As an aside, I've never understood why people feed wild animals. As far as I'm concerned it probably does more harm than good for a variety of good reasons. 
  • Cheap pepper from Sainsburys seems to do the trick for us. It is, I admit a bit cruel, but it has solved the problem and the grass has never looked better. We put that down all over the front lawn for a few weeks and we haven't had any fox, cat or dog turd since. 
    Next though has experienced an increase.

As an aside, I've never understood why people feed wild animals. As far as I'm concerned it probably does more harm than good for a variety of good reasons. 
    Black or white pepper? we have a problem as well with them digging up plants.
  • Pop to the local zoo and get some lion sxxt. Thank me later