Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Not a surprise but don’t expect a goalkeeper to come in even if Phillips is sold, Bowyer says he’d play Maynard-Brewer in League 1 if he had to.
    I suppose the issue with AMB is whether it's better for his development sitting on the bench with us, or playing elsewhere

I certainly wouldn't have expected us to bring in another keeper AND keep him here, it would have been so that he could go out on loan
  • Options
    golfaddick said:Charlie Kelman from Southend scored 6 in 30 

Redrobo said:
    The article mentions a Charlie Kelman  Scored 7 in 19 

BalladMan said:18y old wunderkid from Southend who has scored 6 in 16

This Southend player with 7 in 10 starts is a must for us 
    QPR want him...
    We know. That does not mean we would be out of a chance. QPR will not play him as much, if at all. We can match the wages CAP wise. 
    Sooner or later we have to do better than experienced player and loans.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Interesting that we haven't brought anyone and all our signings have been unattached, can only assume the 2m from Bonne has gone towards wages? 
    I believe for signing Alex Gilbey we paid a fee to MK Dons ..... who said at the time they were willing to sell, because of Covid disruption they needed the money.

Didn't it come out recently that there was no fee paid for Gilbey, and we got him because they needed him off the wage bill. Pretty sure it was in the SLP that including Bonne our squad cost £275k, £200k for Bonne and the rest for Purrington 
    I thought Purrington cost Rotherham £200,000 from Plymouth and we paid Rotherham the same or £300,000 for him.
    Rotherham signed Purrington on a 3 and a half year contract.

He had a year left on his Rotherham contract when he signed permanently for us. It's thought that we paid pro-rata the value of his remaining contract after amortisation: around £75k.

Why are we reduced to phrases like "It is thought that we paid" or " I heard we paid" ?

Why can't there be transparecy and honesty?  Opps , forgot . This is football. 
    Because it would be stupid to do so in most cases, and it is difficult to think of the advantages.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Interesting that we haven't brought anyone and all our signings have been unattached, can only assume the 2m from Bonne has gone towards wages? 
    I believe for signing Alex Gilbey we paid a fee to MK Dons ..... who said at the time they were willing to sell, because of Covid disruption they needed the money.

Didn't it come out recently that there was no fee paid for Gilbey, and we got him because they needed him off the wage bill. Pretty sure it was in the SLP that including Bonne our squad cost £275k, £200k for Bonne and the rest for Purrington 
    I thought Purrington cost Rotherham £200,000 from Plymouth and we paid Rotherham the same or £300,000 for him.

He had a year left on his Rotherham contract when he signed permanently for us. It's thought that we paid pro-rata the value of his remaining contract after amortisation: around £75k.

Why are we reduced to phrases like "It is thought that we paid" or " I heard we paid" ?

Because it would be stupid to do so in most cases, and it is difficult to think of the advantages.
    Explain why transparency is stupid. I await wit baited breath. Remember  we ate not dealing with state secrets here but company balance sheets. 
    Because the moment clubs start announcing exactly how much they've spent each year they're opening themselves up to other clubs - We announce that we've made £2m one window, try and sign someone from say Rochdale and suddenly their player that is worth £200k to one club is £500k to us because they know we've got the money to splash!!

I honestly dont get the fascination with wanting to know how much we've spent on players or received

Especially when you think about the wider consequences of who else will find out!!

And its not just Company Balance sheets is it? - Its the fine line between putting together a competitive squad or not
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:

Explain why transparency is stupid. I await wit baited breath. Remember  we ate not dealing with state secrets here but company balance sheets. 
    For the selling club everyone knows how much you have to spend or, if you have given a player away, other clubs will start trying to pick up your players, current players in the dressing room maybe unhappy as transfer fees reflect wages and they maybe on a lot less and then want more money, players may not want the pressure of a deal that cost a lot, coaches may not want that either, a player may not want his salary out there, other creditors maybe unhappy with you spending what they will see as their money, other clubs may want similar transfer fees when you deal with them, clubs loaning players may feel unchuffed if you plead poverty and then went and spent a shed load.

Your turn, please list the advantages.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:

For the selling club everyone knows how much you have to spend or, if you have given a player away, other clubs will start trying to pick up your players, current players in the dressing room maybe unhappy as transfer fees reflect wages and they maybe on a lot less and then want more money, players may not want the pressure of a deal that cost a lot, coaches may not want that either, a player may not want his salary out there, other creditors maybe unhappy with you spending what they will see as their money, other clubs may want similar transfer fees when you deal with them, clubs loaning players may feel unchuffed if you plead poverty and then went and spent a shed load.

Best answer to it... How would you feel if you and a colleague start the same job at the exact same time with the same experience etc.

Yet he earns £2k per year more than you... How is that going to make you feel?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:

Didn’t it say recently somewhere that we paid £61k for Purrington.
    Maybe, Large .... that could be right?

I read somewhere it was around £75k ...... but £61k is still in that ball-park figure, and in football transfer terms not a lot of difference.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:

Not about lack of transparency.

I remembered reading it somewhere, but couldn't remember the source.

• Options
    I really like and rate Dillon but am resigned to losing him. However Amos seems OK, and AMB deputising and I also rate the up and coming Harness. And there is Osaghae coming through too who has promise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cazo said:
    RedJohn said:
    Received a text from Chelsea mate, who reckons we are getting Ian Maatsen in (left back 18 years old and rated).
    A last a rumour 👍👍
    Thought he was going to Reading. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I really like and rate Dillon but am resigned to losing him. However Amos seems OK, and AMB deputising and I also rate the up and coming Harness. And there is Osaghae coming through too who has promise.
    Agreed. Amos was great for us during his loan spell and seems to be growing in confidence in recent games. Certainly no qualms from me if he retains the number 1 spot and Phillips goes. If only we had the quality of strikers in recent years that we've had keepers as its the one area that always we've been pretty strong. Thuram aside of course. 
  • Options
    3 days to go, 3 or 4 players needed & not even that many rumours about. It's all very quiet

Someone make some up please
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    Received a text from Chelsea mate, who reckons we are getting Ian Maatsen in (left back 18 years old and rated).
    Last young left back we had on loan from Chelsea worked out very well with DaSilva. Hopefully he's that calibre. 
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Listening to the Steve Gallen interview, what he says doesn't fill me with confidence. He says they hope to bring in a couple of new signings. Lee Bowyer has stated he wants three loans and one permanent.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I think we're struggling to bring people in. It's all very well repeating "In LB we trust" but if the players aren't there that we can afford under the wage cap then we're fucked. Something else to thank the criminals for. We need to hope for some decent loans & possibly there'll be some out of contract players available after the window shuts who are holding out for more than we can pay them at the moment but will lower their demands when they find themselves without a club.
    Where is the Gallen interview Dick ?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:

Best answer to it... How would you feel if you and a colleague start the same job at the exact same time with the same experience etc.

Yet he earns £2k per year more than you... How is that going to make you feel?
    I once worked for a firm in the City. Joined in the summer of 1988. Speaking to someone who joined the same time as me, similar age & experience, I found out I was on £2kpa more than he was (I negotiated a better deal because the Company I left had given me a mortgage subsidy and so I needed the extra cash). No ill feeling at all. 

Also in football wages are generally determined by the experience & skill of the player - and what is negotiated by them or their agent. Or do you think all players should be paid the same ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Bubble said:

God thats what you call a journeyman player who has spent his entire career @ Palace and has just kept going on loan!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Inniss
  • Options
    6'5" so he's at least tall enough
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-37342625

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50269436

At least he'll put some bite into the defence.

And he lives in Beckenham
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Only 6 foot 5" not sure he passes height test for a left back!