Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Looking at those clips he definitely taller than 5ft 4......unless QPR's players are all midgets as well. 

He's an international  ✅
    He's left footed ✅
    He's quick✅
    He's available ✅

What's not to like.
    He's played with Conor Washington already - as a team mate at QPR and for Norn Iron squads.

They'll be able to understand what they say to each other - even if nobody else does. :smile:

Washington’s from Chatham! 
  • Options
    Underwhelmed, if we are looking at Smyth again! Unless he came in on a perm I think it’s a waste of a loan slot.

But if he did come in.....in bowyer and Gallen we trust! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Looking at those clips he definitely taller than 5ft 4......unless QPR's players are all midgets as well. 

He's an international  ✅
    He's left footed ✅
    He's quick✅
    He's available ✅

What's not to like.
    He's played with Conor Washington already - as a team mate at QPR and for Norn Iron squads.

They'll be able to understand what they say to each other - even if nobody else does. :smile:

Washington’s from Chatham! 
    Ha ha I got that wrong then!

Anyway, I can't understand Pikey's either!

• Options

He's an international  ✅
    He's left footed ✅
    He's quick✅
    He's available ✅

What's not to like.
    If negative golfie is happy with this, then surely everyone should?
  • Options

He's an international  ✅
    He's left footed ✅
    He's quick✅
    He's available ✅

What's not to like.
     I'd put him about the same size as Cullen etc.
  • Options
    Pace is a good attribute in this League. 
  • Options
    Has Green got a club yet? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's an international  ✅
    He's left footed ✅
    He's quick✅
    He's available ✅

What's not to like.
    Think he is right footed , which actually suits us because Doughty and Maddison are lefties .
  • Options
    The Wycombe reaction to this news is encouraging...

Based on the report linked in this tweet, why are we not trying to sign the 18y old wunderkid from Southend who has scored 6 in 16?  Southend are 22nd in League 2, come join the CAFC promotion party instead of being 2nd fiddle to Bonne at QPR.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He's an international  ✅
    He's left footed ✅
    He's quick✅
    He's available ✅

What's not to like.
     I'd put him about the same size as Cullen etc.
    Josh Cullen is 5'9" or so his Wiki page says.

• Options
    BalladMan said:

Based on the report linked in this tweet, why are we not trying to sign the 18y old wunderkid from Southend who has scored 6 in 16?  Southend are 22nd in League 2, come join the CAFC promotion party instead of being 2nd fiddle to Bonne at QPR.
    Spurs have also had a couple of bids rejected for Kelman. I personally doubt he’ll sign for QPR.
  • Options
    Interesting that we haven't brought anyone and all our signings have been unattached, can only assume the 2m from Bonne has gone towards wages? 
  • Options
    Interesting that we haven't brought anyone and all our signings have been unattached, can only assume the 2m from Bonne has gone towards wages? 
    I believe for signing Alex Gilbey we paid a fee to MK Dons ..... who said at the time they were willing to sell, because of Covid disruption they needed the money.

• Options
    I think there could be a few outs as well as ins. 
  • Options
    Or paying back TS for that tax bill. Too much to hope it's being used to upgrade the sports science and medical teams
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I believe for signing Alex Gilbey we paid a fee to MK Dons ..... who said at the time they were willing to sell, because of Covid disruption they needed the money.

Didn't it come out recently that there was no fee paid for Gilbey, and we got him because they needed him off the wage bill. Pretty sure it was in the SLP that including Bonne our squad cost £275k, £200k for Bonne and the rest for Purrington 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not entirely sure what role Paul Smyth would play

He's not a striker, as he's not prolific. Is he creative as last season he had 1 goal and 2 assists for Wycombe in 19 appearances, which is fairly underwhelming for a team that got promoted
    Didn't they finish 8th though? 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Anecdotal report from QPR fan father-in-law is that Smyth really impressed at first. Very quick and direct. Changes in coaches and an injury last season meant no progress but he’s been a sub recently. Could do well with a run of games in League One. Rates him as better than Washington. 
  • Options
    BalladMan said:

I mentioned Kelman on the previous page and said it would be start of our building and we can pay what we like CAP wise.
  • Options
    I think TS is playing it right this window, as he learns very quickly how business is done in this sector. He will be guided, but he's the boss and his decision is final. If he wants to wait for championship before spending money, then so be it. With the cap it's pretty inconsequential to be looking at £2-3m players if they are wanting £10-20k a week as that would leave the squad half empty. 
  • Options
    I think there could be a few outs as well as ins this week 
  • Options
    Aren't we already the shortest team in the Football League ? 

With Naby leaving , our average height has fallen to 5ft 6. 

Can we afford to go even lower ? 
  • Options
    I think there could be more outs than ins this week . Dempsey gone already .
  • Options
    Tommy's stock took a beating today -23% so he is probably focused on that