Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(Super) Kent v. Slurrey.

Just a quick reminder of the SuperKent v. Slurrey, 2day preseason warm-up mach at/in Beckenham next Monday and Tuesday.
Start, hopefully, 11am.
Been told its free admission, tho' better check first.

C'mon you SuperKent boys !!

Comments

• Oi I'm a surrey lad - Come on you SURREY ;oP
  • Surrey?

Yuk - you must support palace as well!

:)
  • off all next week so may see if i can get down there
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Surrey?

Yuk - you must support palace as well!

:)

Oi No I would be Man U obviously!
  • edited April 2009
    KENT CCC
    worsley bridge road
    Beckenham
    BR3 1RL.

020 8650 8444.

kccc.beckenham@btconnect.com
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]KENT CCC
    worsley bridge road
    Beckenham
    BR3 1RL.

020 8650 8444.

kccc.beckenham@btconnect.com
  • Come on the brown caps, we have started pre season very poorly, least we cant go down again this year.
  • Sorry - I grew up in Deptford. The Oval was a bit closer to me than f***ing Canterbury. Stupid ground with a bloody tree in the middle of it.

I've got no affinity with Kunt - Surrey rule
  • Yes, all the pre-season friendlies are free admission. Likely format will be 14 a side, as it's a practice match to give everybody a bat and a bowl.

For those who don't know the Beckenham ground, there are limited facilities, but there is a decent bar in the pavilion - named the 'Deadly Bar' after the mighty Derek 'Deadly' Underwood, who is a Beckenham boy (and currently president of the MCC). The Deadly bar is open to non-members.

It won't be very competitive cricket as it's essentially a net in the middle. But if we can get a group of us down there, it should be fun, especially as half us seem to be SuperKent and the other half Slurrey.

Kent should put out a decent team. Van Jarsveld may or may not be back from South Africa (he hasn't arrived yet). Stuart Clark hasn't arrived from Australia , either. And sadly Amjad will be missing as he's out for 4-6 weeks with an injury sustained in the Caribbean with England. But Key, Denly, Joseph and Geraint Jones (who got a hundred yesterday in the warm-up game v Notts at Canterbury) should all play.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Sorry - I grew up in Deptford. The Oval was a bit closer to me than f***ing Canterbury. Stupid ground with a bloody tree in the middle of it.

I've got no affinity with Kunt - Surrey rule

spot on, leroy. and where do palace train anyway? beckenham......
  • Sponsored links:

• Deptford has NEVER been in Slurrey !
    Blackheath/ Sydenham were in Kent.
    Beckenham is Kent !
    Slurrey people smell !!!!
  • I have seen Neil Warnock at Beckenham but i agree with Miserable old-ish that Beckenham is in Kent
  • Know your history..

http://www.pepysdiary.com/p/1350.php

Leave Surrey to the nigels!
  • Apart from this Nigel - lifetime Kent member, who even opened the bowling for North West Kent schools u-16s , circa 1968-69!
  • Ooops !
    Am I bad !?
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Deptford has NEVER been in Slurrey !
    Granted. But it hasn't exactly ever been in f***ing Kent now has it?

Sorry - Kunt suck, always have and always will. Surrey might be gash at the moment, but The South Will Rise Again :)
  • Leroy, so the county of Cowdrey, Underwood, Knott, Ames, Woolley, Evans, Luckhurst, Asif etc etc, ''sucks''?

As for the south will rise again, Kent are the South. Sussex are the south. Hampshire are the south. Surrey are a London-based team who get out to Croydon and Guildford for the ocassional match. And your club badge is borrowed from the Prince of WALES !!!
  • If you looked at the link, Leroy, you would see that Deptford historically and geographically is in the historic county of Kent (as is our beloved Charlton).

Or did you think the reason that the Old Kent Road stopped at New Cross because it got to Yorkshire?

And Kent used to play on Blackheath until relatively recently. I'm sure you wouldn't have minded travelling there :)
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Or did you think the reason that the Old Kent Road stopped at New Cross because it got to Yorkshire?
    LOL!
  • Funniest thread today....FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Chaps, chaps - I'm on about living memory here. Funnily enough, I identified with the local team when i was growing up. Slightly easier for me to get the 36 to The Oval (about 20 minutes) than to get the sodding train to Canterbury (about an hour and a half).

Anyway, I've decided - after having to put up with all the Kunt updates seemingly hourly from you lot on here last year - that I'll be providing a Surrey Update Service on CL this year. It probably won't be as frequent - since, from the amount most of you Kunt fans post about them you don't have jobs and can therefore spend more of your time posting meaningless drivel about Amjad's big toe injury, or the history of the poxy lime tree at the St Lawrence, or the appearance of Colin Wanker at one of your 20/20 games - but it'll probably be a damn sight more interesting.

'ave it!
  • i think myself and isawleaburnscore are the only essex supporting lifers.
    we'll keep our essex update service to a whisper*

*unless we are beating kent or surrey
  • I can't speak for K*nt, but that's sadly pretty bloody likely this season as Surrey are an absolute shambles!
  • What are you talking about? The lime tree updates are one of the only reasons we manage to get through the off season without dying of boredom! :)

Maybe Surrey and Essex fans should plant their own shrub and let us know how it is getting on!
  • Bump.

So who's going today? Glorious morning down here in Hever when I got up at 6.30 but it's now rather clouding over...
  • Lime Tree Update:

Its still growing.

See you at Beckenham at 11.
  • Weather;
    Sunny spells, possible light showers.
  • 10:20. Monday.
    Weather in Sydenham (1.5 miles from ground) 15c.
    Sunny, very little cloud.
  • Leaving now miserableoldish. Got to stop to do a few errands on the way. Should be there before lunch.
  • MOG has asked me to post updates from Sunny Beckenham

SURREY 22-0 after 4 overs