Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace away PSF 2021 - match thread (6pm kick off)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:
    People can butter it up as much as they like and look at where we were etc, but that squad, including the missing players, struggles to get top ten this season as it is now anyway.
    Of course it would, but we know this won’t be how the squad looks at the end of the window.

Just a shame we still need 4/5 as a minimum rather than 2/3 at most.
    Need 10 more if this rate of injuries keeps up!
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Chunes said:
    Pearce is not good enough. End of.
    Yet unfortunately he's gonna feature in plenty of matches as the only other centre backs we have are crocked. Ouch.
    Still 5 weeks of transfer window...

#JustSaying
  • Options
    Every time we play it back and forth in front of our own box I don’t feel comfortable. Cost us points last  couple of seasons and will continue to do so. 

Just don’t do it, it you want to tap it about do it in the opponents half not in front of our own goal. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:
    People can butter it up as much as they like and look at where we were etc, but that squad, including the missing players, struggles to get top ten this season as it is now anyway.
    Of course it would, but we know this won’t be how the squad looks at the end of the window.

I hope you are right because as cafc4life has said this squad is not top 6. 

I was hoping we would get our business done early but clearly not the case. 

The issue is the 4 or 5 we get in are likely to be loans and apart from Stockley last season I didn’t think much of the rest. 

I still think we need a left back, decent playmaker, striker and cover at Centre half and that’s without any injuries.

Have to admit been very disappointed with recruitment so far.

I hope and am happy to be proven wrong.

It’s a strong division this season and we can’t afford to still be in it next season. 
    I believe Gallen will allocate his budget to give us two players per position. Even last season with a salary cap we managed that.

I also don’t see TS spending millions a year only to attempt to get through a season with u23s covering half the starting 11.

We know we’ll bring in loans, that’s the reality of L1, even Ipswich and Wigan likely will. Most of those come in towards the end of the window when Prem and Champ clubs have their squads sorted.

I’m not confident enough to say we’ll have a promotion squad in place but I’ll be very disappointed if I’m proven wrong about the number of signings coming in.

Clearly we’re not going to throw money at, we don’t have the biggest budget in the league. 

There’s also a different market with players and clubs happy to wait for the best possible. It’s not helped by the Euros plus the rule changes following Brexit meaning things are slower to move at the levels above. There are fewer players out there as clubs can’t as easily bring in cheaper players from Europe.

We’ll soon have a better idea on how much of this is down to TS not spending enough or if it’s due to the market. It’s easy to jump to conclusions but it wouldn’t be unbelievable if a couple of permanents and 3/4 loans joined by the end of August. Do that and the squad will be stronger, hopefully a lot stronger.
    Certainly don’t disagree with you. My concern is injuries, we had that great run last season one or two injuries and the season was derailed.

With all the games we have we need at least two decent players for each position which we don’t at the moment.

Fingers crossed in next couple of weeks we will have a much stronger squad. 
    I do think there was something in the theory that Bowyer trained the players too hard and that caused the injury crisis we went through in both of the last two seasons.

Adkins was a physio for years and TS has invested in the medical department (the other Danny Murphy, Zynex equipment, hopefully other things not talked about), I think we have a good chance of reducing the number of injuries.

One key part of that is the depth as you say. If we can’t rest players they’ll inevitably pick up more injuries, something that often happened under RD.
  • Options
    Pearce you idiot
    I think playing it back to Pearce was the biggest mistake there
    Famewo lapse in concentration invites the pressure. Back to Pearce who makes a dodgy pass to CMG and by the time he gets it out of his feet, the Palace player has closed him down.
    When MacGillivray played that pass to Pearce he must have seen the attacker a couple of yards away, should have cleared it there for me. Admittedly, I agree the pass back to MacGillivray was poor, just felt it could have been half way up the pitch by then. 

• Options
    Remember when pearce signed his contract and there was an overwhelming positivity about it... it's like people just selectively forget his countless mistakes.
    Or blamed his individual errors on who was partnering him. He's a liability.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Remember when pearce signed his contract and there was an overwhelming positivity about it... it's like people just selectively forget his countless mistakes.
    Thank god he did... Or are we suddenly forgetting how inexperienced the squad is?

Dont think we'll be playing too many Premier League teams this season?
  • Options
    It's funny reading the commentary without following the game. I admire everybody's huge analysis of what is a pre-season friendly designed for fitness, shape and game time.
  • Options
    Dobson playing like its a playoff final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because we were told he would be a back-up. Then we didn't sign anyone else....
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:

The issue is the 4 or 5 we get in are likely to be loans and apart from Stockley last season I didn’t think much of the rest. 

I still think we need a left back, decent playmaker, striker and cover at Centre half and that’s without any injuries.

It’s a strong division this season and we can’t afford to still be in it next season. 
    I believe Gallen will allocate his budget to give us two players per position. Even last season with a salary cap we managed that.

I also don’t see TS spending millions a year only to attempt to get through a season with u23s covering half the starting 11.

We know we’ll bring in loans, that’s the reality of L1, even Ipswich and Wigan likely will. Most of those come in towards the end of the window when Prem and Champ clubs have their squads sorted.

I’m not confident enough to say we’ll have a promotion squad in place but I’ll be very disappointed if I’m proven wrong about the number of signings coming in.

Clearly we’re not going to throw money at, we don’t have the biggest budget in the league. 

There’s also a different market with players and clubs happy to wait for the best possible. It’s not helped by the Euros plus the rule changes following Brexit meaning things are slower to move at the levels above. There are fewer players out there as clubs can’t as easily bring in cheaper players from Europe.

We’ll soon have a better idea on how much of this is down to TS not spending enough or if it’s due to the market. It’s easy to jump to conclusions but it wouldn’t be unbelievable if a couple of permanents and 3/4 loans joined by the end of August. Do that and the squad will be stronger, hopefully a lot stronger.
    Certainly don’t disagree with you. My concern is injuries, we had that great run last season one or two injuries and the season was derailed.

With all the games we have we need at least two decent players for each position which we don’t at the moment.

I do think there was something in the theory that Bowyer trained the players too hard and that caused the injury crisis we went through in both of the last two seasons.
    I don't think Bowyer caused it, but I believe his training methods probably were s contributing factor.
  • Options
    Tbf I think people were happy with him playing a game or 2. 

If we have to give him more than 10 games were in big trouble. 
  • Options
    Thank god he did... Or are we suddenly forgetting how inexperienced the squad is?

Dont think we'll be playing too many Premier League teams this season?
    Jason is very experienced at making errors leading to goals for the opposition I’ll give you that
  • Options
    Scoreline definitely flattering Palace at the minute.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:

I don't think Bowyer caused it, but I believe his training methods probably were s contributing factor.
    Agree, it’s never usually a single factor. Injury prone players is probably be another.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Dobson playing like its a playoff final
    Wasn’t a Sunderland player at that point in time.

Besides, think he’s been decent enough in the middle. What’s wrong with him?
  • Options
    Not sure Washington is a winger sadly. Should have laid that off for the overlap.
  • Options
    Under whelming signings
    Players Missing pre season
    No gelling time
    Injuries
    50 % of fans critical of team
    50% of fans critical, of those fans who are critical of the team

Looks like 7th spot is nailed on then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another dangerous foray into their box. We’re not disgracing ourselves by any means.
  • Options
    Palace have mastered the feigning if injuries
  • Options
    Another dangerous foray into their box. We’re not disgracing ourselves by any means.
    Agree.
  • Options
    Which team is in league one ??
  • Options
    RonnieMoore said: 
    Wrexham? 
  • Options
    Really impressed by the first 30. Those goals can happen, Particularly in pre season. Think we’ve been the better team and the midfield is doing excellently. Morgan and Dobson look like they could really work well together.
  • Options
    The one losing 
  • Options
    I could name 24.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Did the comms just say Watson has corona virus?